Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: iphone

  1. #1
    Senior Member nightowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    ottawa, canada (ROCKS)
    Posts
    7,412

    Thumbs up iphone

    Just picked up a iphone 3Gs 16 gig the other day. I must admit I am very impressed with it!

    I had the old ut starcom aka the brick back in the day and that thing was huge and slow with windows mobile 5 i think it was. Battery life was not very good either would only get 1.5 days with the extended battery!

    The new Iphone experience is awesome. No sync issues with outlook for windows. Lots of free apps. touch screen work very well and is not slow like other mobile data phones I have owned. I still prefer a key pad and people with big fingers will have issues.

    All in all I am very impressed with apple!

    So apps out there that you guys recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

  2. #2
    Certified SG Addict Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    25,529
    Blog Entries
    24
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Forum Techie A_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    10,663
    Search for "return7" on the iTunes store -- those are all our apps (my friend and i)

  5. #5
    Senior Member loop2kil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Amro View Post
    Search for "return7" on the iTunes store -- those are all our apps (my friend and i)
    holy crap...its Amro...how's it going buddy?

  6. #6
    Forum Techie A_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    10,663
    Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil View Post
    holy crap...its Amro...how's it going buddy?
    pretty good. busy as hell between the day job and return7 (a company i started a little over a yr ago w/ my best friend) but i still lurk around SG when i can how bout u?

  7. #7
    Senior Member loop2kil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Amro View Post
    pretty good. busy as hell between the day job and return7 (a company i started a little over a yr ago w/ my best friend) but i still lurk around SG when i can how bout u?
    I remember your venture you started making Iphone apps, good to see it's still going strong for you. All is good here as well.

  8. #8
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682
    Quote Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
    Just picked up a iphone 3Gs 16 gig the other day. I must admit I am very impressed with it!

    I had the old ut starcom aka the brick back in the day and that thing was huge and slow with windows mobile 5 i think it was. Battery life was not very good either would only get 1.5 days with the extended battery!

    The new Iphone experience is awesome. No sync issues with outlook for windows. Lots of free apps. touch screen work very well and is not slow like other mobile data phones I have owned. I still prefer a key pad and people with big fingers will have issues.

    All in all I am very impressed with apple!

    So apps out there that you guys recommend?

    I have a
    3G 16gb I got in april and love it.

  9. #9
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Amro View Post
    Search for "return7" on the iTunes store -- those are all our apps (my friend and i)
    I'll check that out

  10. #10
    Revenant 9mmprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    out where the lions roar
    Posts
    1,756
    I have a 16 gig 3G and I love it. Hoping a new version will come out this summer tho - if so, I'll upgrade
    There is security in fearlessness.

  11. #11
    SG Enthusiast Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,927
    Theres so many it depends what your looking for. My favorites hmm shazam, discover and if your into sports the espn scores updates.

  12. #12
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    Theres so many it depends what your looking for. My favorites hmm shazam, discover and if your into sports the espn scores updates.
    I've used shazam many many times,very cool.

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone Hacker Tool Steals Data from Jailbroken Phones
    By News in forum alt.internet.wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-09, 05:04 AM
  2. 10 Things the iPhone Worm Teaches Us About Mobile Security
    By News in forum alt.internet.wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-09, 04:46 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-09, 06:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •