Thread: Oregon Cheerleader hit by waterbottle

Oregon Cheerleader hit by waterbottle

She was hit by a flying water bottle after Oregon came from behind and beat Arizona.. man I hope someone gets charged with that...major show of poor sportsmanship.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/oregon...italized-27083

After the Arizona-Oregon game in Tucson Saturday night, Oregon cheerleader Katelynn Johnson was, while still on the field, struck in the head by a full water bottle apparently thrown from the stands.

Oregon senior associate athletic director Joe Giansante, who announced the Ducks’ television replay broadcast in the corner of the field where Johnson was hit, said several items were being thrown toward Oregon players after the game.

“As the team was coming in, they were getting bombarded with water bottles, batteries, and various other items coming out of the stands,” Giansante said. “We were yelling at everybody to keep their heads up, but one got through and hit Katelynn in the head. All the kids (on the cheerleading team) are scared, but hopefully she’ll be OK.”

Brutal, inexcusable behavior by the Arizona fans.

Johnson sustained a concussion but has since been released from a Tucson hospital and returned home to Eugene.

The ARIZONA DAILY STAR reports that University of Arizona police have every intention of finding the person who injured the Oregon cheerleader and charging them with a crime.
    Sgt. Juan Alvarez of the UA Police Department said the investigation into who threw the bottle that struck Johnson is ongoing, and that charges could range from disorderly conduct to assault or aggravated assault.

“We are not going to condone this kind of behavior,” he said.

I watched the game Saturday night, and it appeared that security personnel had every intention of allowing Arizona fans on the field if the Wildcats won the game. But Oregon staged a late comeback to claim the contest, and that’s when the Arizona fans turned unruly and started launching objects onto the field.

If security hadn’t made clear that fans would been allowed to rush the field, I’m not so sure there would’ve been the ugly scene that ensued.

Univ. of Arizona officials are no doubt extremely relieved that Johnson appears to be okay.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t note that Johnson is also an accomplished model. Here’s some of her past work.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/oregon...italized-27083

Beyond that...she's pretty hot the link above has some nice pics!

There is all kinds of footage on YouTube where fans are throwing things at Oregon players after the game. It's an unfortunate situation when a bunch of idiots show a lack of class like this.

Blonde. LOL.

An attack on a cheerleader!? Death penalty! Find them!

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    An attack on a cheerleader!? Death penalty! Find them!
    Well said.

I went to Indy for an F1 race and a lot of folks were pissed because of a tire snaffuu. Something like seven of ten teams could not race.

Anyway people started throwing stuff on the track while the race was going on. Stuff was flying onto the track with folks driving almost two hundred mph. That could have easily killed someone.

I could not believe the behaviour of those folks.

ND fans are pissed off as well it seems... Clausen bout near got his azz kicked!

ESPN's Joe Schad reported Monday that a source said Clausen was "sucker punched" by a fan as he left an establishment in South Bend, Ind.

The source told Schad that Clausen had dinner with his parents in the wake of Notre Dame's double overtime loss to Connecticut. A university source told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Clausen was then at C.J.'s Pub about 2 a.m. with his family and girlfriend.

The group decided to leave after words were exchanged with others at the bar. As they were leaving, Clausen's girlfriend realized she left her purse behind. The source told AP that Clausen went back to retrieve the purse and someone followed him outside and punched him. The source said the quarterback did not fight back and left.

South Bend Police Capt. Phil Trent told AP that police were called to the scene after receiving a report of a fight. He said police arrived within minutes and everyone was gone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4685673