Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: CFB Week 13 (2009) + 3rd week of BCS bowl predictions

  1. #41
    Elite Member mountainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    15,451
    Two thumbs up for Pete! Hahhaha.

  2. #42
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    Two thumbs up for Pete! Hahhaha.


    Neuheisel needs to learn when someone is trying to be respectful and instead of playing the role of a brat accept it and move on. Essentially he started acting like a school kid insisting that USC not make it easy on them so USC didn't. Now RN is crying. What a baby. Anyone in their right mind knows RN was out of line.

  3. #43
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    VATech is now #11 and one spot ahead of GT... I'm sure GT will drop a few more spots after Clemson hands them another loss.

  4. #44
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    VATech is now #11 and one spot ahead of GT... I'm sure GT will drop a few more spots after Clemson hands them another loss.
    Goes to show you how jacked up polls are. No way should Va.Tech be ahead of GT at this point. That's no disrespect to the Hokies because it was dumb earlier in the year when USC was ranked higher then Oregon for a spell. If the BCS has Va.Tech ahead of GT then that will be yet another example of the stupidity that is the BCS. When you factor in GT's better overall record and the little thing called head to head each new week I find even more reason to believe college football is ran and voted on by morons.

    Although I know you dislike GT from your past remarks I know you have condemned similiar issues so I can only imagine you are going to be consistent in speaking out regarding the stupidity of this also.

  5. #45
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Goes to show you how jacked up polls are. No way should Va.Tech be ahead of GT at this point. That's no disrespect to the Hokies because it was dumb earlier in the year when USC was ranked higher then Oregon for a spell. If the BCS has Va.Tech ahead of GT then that will be yet another example of the stupidity that is the BCS. When you factor in GT's better overall record and the little thing called head to head each new week I find even more reason to believe college football is ran and voted on by morons.

    Although I know you dislike GT from your past remarks I know you have condemned similiar issues so I can only imagine you are going to be consistent in speaking out regarding the stupidity of this also.
    Well I do agree that the polls are flawed..we both know that. GT did win that game vs VT which didn't prove they were the better team over all...just got the win that day. Georgia just came out and showed people how bad of a team GT is when they can't run that Option Offense they have. Getting beat by the soon to be #1 team in the country really doesn't hurt VT at all...only helps them, in this case GT got nailed by a non ranked Georgia team that didn't show how good they were till last night.

    As I said earlier, yeah the BCS is flawed in many ways and we both know that. It will be interesting to see how the numbers and bowl games fall towards those teams like Boise St when the dust settles.

  6. #46
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Well I do agree that the polls are flawed..we both know that. GT did win that game vs VT which didn't prove they were the better team over all...just got the win that day. Georgia just came out and showed people how bad of a team GT is when they can't run that Option Offense they have. Getting beat by the soon to be #1 team in the country really doesn't hurt VT at all...only helps them, in this case GT got nailed by a non ranked Georgia team that didn't show how good they were till last night.

    As I said earlier, yeah the BCS is flawed in many ways and we both know that. It will be interesting to see how the numbers and bowl games fall towards those teams like Boise St when the dust settles.
    So do you or don't you agree that GT should be ranked higher then VaTech? I can't tell your viewpoint from this answer.

  7. #47
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    So do you or don't you agree that GT should be ranked higher then VaTech? I can't tell your viewpoint from this answer.
    Well the BCS isn't being displayed yet..but I think GT is 10th on it and VT is 12th... the AP has VT 11th and GT12th.....

    I still think the BCS is flawed either way... I don't think GT is a better team than VT... not one bit, not after watching both games yesterday and others throughout the season for both.

  8. #48
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Well the BCS isn't being displayed yet..but I think GT is 10th on it and VT is 12th... the AP has VT 11th and GT12th.....

    I still think the BCS is flawed either way... I don't think GT is a better team than VT... not one bit, not after watching both games yesterday and others throughout the season for both.
    I get that you think VT is better, but you still aren't answering the question on whether or not you think VT should be ranked higher then GT. I'm asking your view not what the polls say.

    Btw, the BCS polls just came out and GT is ranked higher. They are at 10 and VT at 12.

  9. #49
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    I get that you think VT is better, but you still aren't answering the question on whether or not you think VT should be ranked higher then GT. I'm asking your view not what the polls say.

    Btw, the BCS polls just came out and GT is ranked higher. They are at 10 and VT at 12.
    yeah I just said that... I saw the polls just now. And I just did answer your question in the last post.

  10. #50
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    yeah I just said that... I saw the polls just now. And I just did answer your question in the last post.
    No actually you didn't. You told me what the polls stated. You didn't state whether you think GT should be lower in the polls then VT. So with that in mind just tell us what you think. Yes or no that GT should be higher in YOUR view.

  11. #51
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    No actually you didn't. You told me what the polls stated. You didn't state whether you think GT should be lower in the polls then VT. So with that in mind just tell us what you think. Yes or no that GT should be higher in YOUR view.
    YES, VT should be one spot higher than GT in the BCS polls as of this week.

    I think the AP polls got it right...the BCS and its computers got it wrong once again.

  12. #52
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    YES, VT should be one spot higher than GT in the BCS polls as of this week.

    I think the AP polls got it right...the BCS and its computers got it wrong once again.
    Wow...never took you for a person to believe that a team with a worse record deserves to be ranked over a team with a higher one. Speaking of BCS conferences of course.

  13. #53
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    I finished the week 11-7 to take my overall record to 201-57. I will be posting next week's picks momentarily.

  14. #54
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Wow...never took you for a person to believe that a team with a worse record deserves to be ranked over a team with a higher one. Speaking of BCS conferences of course.
    I would have to say your right in thinking I wouldn't think that..but take 1loss from VT and thats the Alabama game... I'll take getting beat by the soon to be #1 team in the country over a non ranked Georgia team any day....

    New Bowl Predictions are in.. time to move on to another thread.

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

  15. #55
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post

    I would have to say your right in thinking I wouldn't think that..but take 1loss from VT and thats the Alabama game... I'll take getting beat by the soon to be #1 team in the country over a non ranked Georgia team any day....
    Quite frankly Sava I always knew you were a homer who couldn't seperate his team from his views, but this is the first time you actually confirmed it with your own remarks.

    New Bowl Predictions are in.. time to move on to another thread.

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections
    Wisely they know what all Pac 10 fans know. USC is set to go to the Holiday Bowl as they get the second pick after the Rose.

  16. #56
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Quite frankly Sava I always knew you were a homer who couldn't seperate his team from his views, but this is the first time you actually confirmed it with your own remarks.


    What amazes me Roody, is that you don't see anything beyond wins and loses... you mean to tell me a team losing to the soon to be #1 team in the country means less than losing to a non ranked ...a non ranked team that at the highest point of the season was ranked 13th and fell off the top 25 in 3 weeks?

    I may defend VT, but I'm not saying I think VT should be ranked higher than GT cause of that reason or because I'm a fan.... believe it or not but that's the truth.

  17. #57
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    What amazes me Roody, is that you don't see anything beyond wins and loses... you mean to tell me a team losing to the soon to be #1 team in the country means less than losing to a non ranked ...a non ranked team that at the highest point of the season was ranked 13th and fell off the top 25 in 3 weeks?
    If records were equal then of course I would give the nod to Va.Tech assuming that they actually beat GT, but they didn't making your support for the Hokies the very definition of homerism. Not only does VT not have as good a record as GT, but they also lost to them so you have nothing other then speculation to make your argument. By contrast GT has a better record and a win against VT to make theirs.

    I may defend VT, but I'm not saying I think VT should be ranked higher than GT cause of that reason or because I'm a fan.... believe it or not but that's the truth.
    I don't believe it and I doubt anyone else would either.

  18. #58
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post


    I don't believe it and I doubt anyone else would either.
    Well Its the truth... and I don't care if you or anyone else believes it.

  19. #59
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Well Its the truth... and I don't care if you or anyone else believes it.
    Which is why you keep taking the time to insist you don't care. Still doesn't change the fact you are a homer and a bigtime one at that.

  20. #60
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Which is why you keep taking the time to insist you don't care. Still doesn't change the fact you are a homer and a bigtime one at that.
    Nope not a fact as I'm not... I love my team, pull for my team, but you asked a question and I gave you the truth and a reason why...a valid one at that.

Similar Threads

  1. This is why Comcast sucks! (Rant)
    By JPThomas68 in forum US Broadband Providers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-11, 06:08 AM
  2. CFB Week 11 (2009) + 1st week of BCS bowl predictions
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-15-09, 09:27 PM
  3. More that 2800 Solutions Manuals (Part 3)
    By BERGH in forum alt.internet.wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-09, 03:16 PM
  4. More that 2800 Solutions Manuals (Part 2)
    By BERGH in forum alt.internet.wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-09, 03:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •