Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CFB Week 13 (2009) + 3rd week of BCS bowl predictions

Post CFB Week 13 (2009) + 3rd week of BCS bowl predictions

After 12 weeks my record stands at 190-50. Here is this coming week's picks and updated BCS bowl predictions.

=========

Thursday, November 26 2009

#3 Texas @ Texas A&M - Texas wins

Friday, November 27 2009

#2 Alabama @ Auburn - Alabama wins
    Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati - Cincy wins
    Nevada @ #6 Boise State - BSU wins
    #9 Pittsburgh @ West Virginia - Pitt wins

Saturday, November 28 2009

Florida State @ #1 Florida - Florida wins
    New Mexico @ #4 TCU - TCU wins
    Georgia @ #7 Georgia Tech - Georgia Tech wins
    #12 Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma - Oklahoma State wins
    #14 Virginia Tech @ Virginia - Virginia Tech wins
    Arkansas @ #15 LSU - LSU wins
    #17 Miami(FL) @ South Florida - Miami(FL) wins
    #18 Clemson @ South Carolina - Clemson wins
    #21 Utah @ #19 BYU - Utah wins
    UCLA @ #20 USC - USC wins
    Rice @ #23 Houston - Houston wins
    #24 North Carolina @ North Carolina State - UNC wins
    #25 Mississippi @ Mississippi State - Ole Miss wins

=========

Title Game:

Alabama Vs. Texas

Rose Bowl:

Oregon Vs. Ohio State

Fiesta Bowl:

Penn State Vs. Boise State

Sugar Bowl:

Florida Vs. Cincinnati

Orange Bowl:

Georgia Tech Vs. TCU

I'll revise what I said in the other thread after looking at it closer..

I predict Clemson playing for the Orange bowl, VT will play in the Chik fil bowl against a SEC team (unknown at this point) GT will fall in the rankings behind VT after they lose to Georgia and Clemson and play for the Gator bowl against prob ND. I still say USC will play against BC in the Emerald Bowl.

I would go back with Florida in the Chik fila bowl but I think they will be in the sugar bowl... I just don't want to see a rematch against LSU which I might even say Miss now might be the opponent. Hard to say at this point..so much could happen but I stand behind my predictions and my pulling for Clemson over GT..

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I'll revise what I said in the other thread after looking at it closer..

I predict Clemson playing for the Orange bowl, VT will play in the Chik fil bowl against a SEC team (unknown at this point) GT will fall in the rankings behind VT after they lose to Georgia and Clemson and play for the Gator bowl against prob ND. I still say USC will play against BC in the Emerald Bowl.

I would go back with Florida in the Chik fila bowl but I think they will be in the sugar bowl... I just don't want to see a rematch against LSU which I might even say Miss now might be the opponent. Hard to say at this point..so much could happen but I stand behind my predictions and my pulling for Clemson over GT..
    In no way shape or form will Florida even be a part of any equation now involving the Chick Fila Bowl. They are already done with the SEC part of their schedule and are now no worse then a Sugar Bowl. In fact a BCS bowl is the only place they will be. Their schedule and appeal dictates that. They will either be in Pasadena playing for the Title or in New Orleans playing in the Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    In no way shape or form will Florida even be a part of any equation now involving the Chick Fila Bowl. They are already done with the SEC part of their schedule and are now no worse then a Sugar Bowl. In fact a BCS bowl is the only place they will be. Their schedule and appeal dictates that. They will either be in Pasadena playing for the Title or in New Orleans playing in the Sugar.
    I figured Sugar... just thinking out loud.

I figured Sugar... just thinking out loud.
    Certainly hope it isn't the title game. That would be the worst case scenario for me personally since ND isn't competing for it.

I like the Gamecocks over Clemson and UVA over VT...and I even think Ark might upset?? LSU

Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil View Post
    I like the Gamecocks over Clemson and UVA over VT...and I even think Ark might upset?? LSU
    LMAO... umm ok your Clemson choice is already far fetched but you really think UVA will beat VATech???? Hell that will prob be the only time they will fill up their stadium is when VATech comes to town. Interstate 81/64 will be buzzin come Saturday with VATech fans headin up that way!

I wonder who will get the sucky Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.... I mean come on that's just stupid.

Eight teams still have at-large hopes

Southern California (No. 20 BCS, No. 24 AP), LSU (No. 15 BCS, No. 17 AP) and Miami (No. 17 BCS, No. 19 AP) are among eight teams that cannot earn an automatic BCS bid, but are still in contention for an at-large invite to a marquee bowl game.

BCS officials announced Tuesday that a total of 20 teams are still in the running for spots in the national championship game and the Rose, Fiesta, Sugar and Orange bowls.

Ten teams, including No. 1 Florida, No. 2 Alabama and No. 3 Texas, are in position to earn an automatic BCS bid as a conference champion or an at-large pick.

Either No. 6 Boise State or No. 4 TCU could earn an automatic bid by winning its non-automatic qualifying conference and finishing in the top 12 on the final BCS standings. Both are eligible for an at-large selection if they don't get an automatic bid.

Joining USC, LSU and Miami as teams still in the mix solely for BCS at-large bids are Brigham Young (No. 19 BCS, No. 18 AP), Iowa (No. 11 BCS, No. 13 AP), Oklahoma State (No. 12 BCS, No. 11 AP), Penn State (No. 13 BCS, No. 12 AP) and No. 14 Virginia Tech.

Among the teams playing for automatic bids as conference winners over the next two weeks are Oregon (No. 8 BCS, No. 10 AP) and No. 16 Oregon State, which will meet Dec. 3 to decide the Pac-10 champion; No. 7 Georgia Tech and Clemson (No. 18 BCS, No. 15 AP), which will play in the ACC championship game on Dec. 5; Texas and Nebraska, which will play for the Big 12 title on Dec. 5; and Florida and Alabama, meeting in the SEC title game on Dec. 5.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4686466

It's a pipe dream. Neither USC or Va.Tech is playing in a BCS bowl this year. If Oklahoma State wins then Boise State can kiss their BCS game goodbye in all likelihood. Truth is there is a group of teams even after the obvious ones all ahead of USC and VaTech for a bowl game. That's just a silly article by ESPN to make news. It's not based in any realistic fact and one look at how the BCS games are set up can prove that.

It's a pipe dream. Neither USC or Va.Tech is playing in a BCS bowl this year. If Oklahoma State wins then Boise State can kiss their BCS game goodbye in all likelihood. Truth is there is a group of teams even after the obvious ones all ahead of USC and VaTech for a bowl game. That's just a silly article by ESPN to make news. It's not based in any realistic fact and one look at how the BCS games are set up can prove that.
    I think the article has meat... by time VT's UVA spanking is done VT may be ranked in the top 10 again.

I think the article has meat... by time VT's UVA spanking is done VT may be ranked in the top 10 again.
    Wishful thinking man. Your boys aren't going to a BCS game. That's a fact. If you took a look at the BCS situation and was honest with yourself you would know that. Give me an example of how you even think it's possible and I will counter it with known information killing that idea. Not to rub you the wrong way man, but you are wasting your time thinking Va.Tech will get into a BCS game.

They won't.

Wishful thinking man. Your boys aren't going to a BCS game. That's a fact. If you took a look at the BCS situation and was honest with yourself you would know that. Give me an example of how you even think it's possible and I will counter it with known information killing that idea. Not to rub you the wrong way man, but you are wasting your time thinking Va.Tech will get into a BCS game.

They won't.
    I will go with that article in thinking there is a slight chance as is with the other teams....but I don't think they will either. They will likely go to the next best bowl game which is fine by me, I just hope its not the chik fila bowl cause the damn thing is on new years eve night and I have too many people down at the house to entertain and watch at the same time.

Impressive performance by WVU tonight. Congrats.

Impressive performance by WVU tonight. Congrats.
    yeah they played well.. I stopped watching at 4th q to go to bed.

That means 1 more spot moving up for my Hokies

LMAO... umm ok your Clemson choice is already far fetched but you really think UVA will beat VATech???? Hell that will prob be the only time they will fill up their stadium is when VATech comes to town. Interstate 81/64 will be buzzin come Saturday with VATech fans headin up that way!
    What was that about SC beating Clemson being far fetched?

Jury is still out on part 2 of my predictions, though.

What was that about SC beating Clemson being far fetched?

Jury is still out on part 2 of my predictions, though.
    I said far fetched..I didn't say it wasn't possible. SC is a good team, Clemson is a better one than GT...win or lose it should be a good game between the two teams.

I said far fetched..I didn't say it wasn't possible. SC is a good team, Clemson is a better one than GT...win or lose it should be a good game between the two teams.
    What does GT have to do with his remark? He never mentioned GT. He was responding to your remark about his pick of South Carolina.

What does GT have to do with his remark? He never mentioned GT. He was responding to your remark about his pick of South Carolina.
    GT has to do with it cause they are next on the Clemson plate... I didn't just pluck that out of the air as that is a fact and just normal CFB talk... nothing more nothing less... relax!

how about that VT domination of UVA today! GO HOKIES!