Thread: For guitar players.....

Blog Entries

For guitar players.....

A friend of mine, who is not only an awesome player, but an incredible technician, has created a wonderful site,

www.300guitars.com.

It is a good news source, but shines as an information source for guitar and amp repair and modding. Billy is approachable and very helpful.

thanks the indulgence.

david

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Cybernetic Interloper ub3r_n00b's Avatar
    Awesome, david what do you play?
    www.erudianart.com

Thanks for the link. I'm always up for a new guitar site.

I'd love a bent top Tele with a Belly cut.

For the record my Am Std Tele has a set of Rio Grand Muy Grandes in it and I couldn't be happier.

Blog Entries
    Preet,

I do play and have a modest collection of instruments. Not the most skilled, but enough to enjoy myself.

Mike,

Glad to hook you up. Billy is a talent. I have owned two of his amps and he has done work on some of my equipment in the past.

The tele is the archetypical recording guitar. They are light, clean sounding, easy to reach controls and hard to break!

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I'd love a bent top Tele with a Belly cut.

For the record my Am Std Tele has a set of Rio Grand Muy Grandes in it and I couldn't be happier.
    It just hit me...... That Tele must sound awesome through that Fender brown amp!

Hell_Yes

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    It just hit me...... That Tele must sound awesome through that Fender brown amp!
    Yes, I'm a very lucky guy. I only break it out a couple of times a year but when I do... I almost cry.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the site link.. pretty nice. I love Tele's , I play one thru a Behringer Vamp2

Blog Entries
    You Tele guys have got me boned up to buy one. I was looking at hollow bodied Kay's and Harmony's and late model Mosrite's.....

Dang nabbit

Hell_Yes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    You Tele guys have got me boned up to buy one. I was looking at hollow bodied Kay's and Harmony's and late model Mosrite's.....

Dang nabbit
    I know that Acoustic Harmony Guitars used to be made in the U.S.A. back in the 60' / 70's, did they make electrics too?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    I know that Acoustic Harmony Guitars used to be made in the U.S.A. back in the 60' / 70's, did they make electrics too?
    Harmony made electric guitars in both in solid and hollow bodies. The used Rowe-DeArmond pickups (made in Ohio, I believe), which gave them some great rock-a-billy tones.

Hell_Yes