Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expendables

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Not bad....brainless predictable story with lots of carnage and fast pace ending.
    My kind of show!!!!!!!

*my IQ is just short of 67*
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    All of the guys in that picture I posted above are good guys cept stone cold.

Just a action packed movie.. good plot and great acting.
    GOOD PLOT AND GREAT ACTING? We must not have been watching the same movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutch View Post
    Your opinion is fine..but it got great reviews on both.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    He sets his bar quite low.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

If there's something I've learned about Sava700 is that referring to him for Movie advice is like asking Stevie Wonder for driving directions.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    If there's something I've learned about Sava700 is that referring to him for Movie advice is like asking Stevie Wonder for driving directions.

no i mean really.. this was a great movie!!! I'm not speaking for myself ether.. for once a action movie didn't have my wife falling asleep while watching it and the reviews were really well received!

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    and the reviews were really well received!
    By who?

Most tout it as a rehash of the Rambo movies of the 80's. And they're quite accurate at that.

My favorite quote from a review, ""The Expendables" is an exercise in nostalgia for the bygone era of muscly, macho action films. It's willfully out of date, like an aging hair band that can't pack away the spandex."

Great acting? It's a bunch of no-neck over aged ex musclebound guys with mono tone voices, most of which were never known for being great actors.

Great plot you say?
    From IGN review
    "testosterone-fuelled action flicks that were light on plot but heavy on body count"
    "...But let's be honest, no one is watching The Expendables for plot, "
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/111/1110318p1.html

Another review..
    "Watching Stallone and Jason Statham trying to do a lively dialogue scene is like watching two fistfuls of talking knuckles."

"..if you accept "The Expendables" for what it is Stallone having some simple, stupid fun"

...I ran out of time on page 4 of Googles yields for movie reviews looking for a review that actually said it had good acting and a great plot. Couldn't fine one!!!

A bloody action packed mindless body count movie reminiscent of action flicks of the 80's...some hero surviving 20 to 1 odds...yup, it was dead on.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

RT Critics: 41%

RT Community: 70%

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    RT Critics: 41%

RT Community: 70%
    RT Top Critics 34%

meh..whatever, I thought it was a great movie and well worth going to the Theater to view it. I'll be sure to watch it several more times when it hits Blu-Ray and the movie channels.

I thought it was a "good" movie, that being lots of action. The acting was awful though, and so was the plot.

I saw it over the weekend and while the plot and acting were weak (if you were expecting it to be anything else but that you were fooling yourself), the action, blood, flying body parts, decapitations and all of the other mindless violence more than made up for it. I would watch it again for sure.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    I saw it over the weekend and while the plot and acting were weak (if you were expecting it to be anything else but that you were fooling yourself), the action, blood, flying body parts, decapitations and all of the other mindless violence more than made up for it. I would watch it again for sure.
    Good call. I put it right up there with the movie "300." Flying blood and body parts. Lots of mindless violence. The critics were very cruel to 300. However, the box office $$$$$$ made the critics look like morons and basically out of touch with the people who go to movies.

Blood makes the grass grow green and we all like green grass.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Terry Crews is awesome
    If you've never seen Everybody Hates Chris, you should check it out...it's a funny show with him in it.

Bwah hah hah....despite all the razzing taken from the first one, they're planning Expendables 2.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Bwah hah hah....despite all the razzing taken from the first one, they're planning Expendables 2.
    Ohh yeah they were talking about another one for a while now, even pulling in Van Damme or Chuck Norris... perhaps even The Rock or Segal would be in it.

Either way I think a sequel for it would be awesome as the first one was just great!!

I had d/l it and caught it with the old lady after a night of drinking. We thought it was a fun watch for having a good buzz. If I had been sober I would have just thought it OK.