Thread: Just a rant for my mental well being.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana

Angry Just a rant for my mental well being.

[ rant on]

I fell again and I canít find anything humorous about it!

All I can say is ďf**k!, f**k!, f**k!Ē, this one hurt bad. The worst pain I have ever felt since falling. Usually I stand up, regain my balance, then grab what I need and hobble off to bed. For some reason this time, I grabbed my Coke in one hand and my cell phone, cigarettes and lighter in the other hand and then stood up.

Well, I lost my balance and fell backwards when I stood up. The problem is the corner of the coffee table in the living room stopped my fall. It hit my back right bellow my right shoulder blade. It was about three a.m., my wife and son were asleep and here I am lying on the floor, holding the glass straight up so that it didnít shatter on the new ceramic floor or spill the Coke, while gasping for air like a fish out of water. Deep, harsh sounding breaths too, I felt like I was dying. I was still holding the glass somewhat straight-up so that it didnít shatter on the floor. When I regained my breath and looked up the glass was empty. When I had fallen, I spilled Coke from the front door in the living room, across the floor and into the kitchen. The cell phone hit the floor and shattered. The battery and back at one side the front door against the wall, the phone at the other. It took awhile for me to regain my composure and clean up the mess with an old towel. My back and side still hurt like a mofo. Bad hurt too.

I think Iím going to find my favorite moldy rock and climb back under it.

[/rant off]
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

I'm sorry man.

aww man, sorry to hear that.

Glad you didn't break anything besides your phone.

SG Enthusiast
    Sorry to hear about that. Hope all else is well.

Thank You

ďIím sorry dudeĒ, is about all you can say or do, unless you have the cure for MS in your lab in the back yard. Iím going through some major mental and physical changes adjusting to the MS. If you think Iím not going to bitch about things on occasion, youíre as crazy as I am.

Actually this happened a little over a week ago, Iíve just gotten to the point where I could relive the experience to write about it well enough. The phone snapped together and seems to be working fine so far. After about two days, I was still hurting so bad that I got my wife to bring me to the emergency room. I knew there was nothing they could do for broken ribs but I wanted to know what was going on for certain. After they did some X-Rays, come to find out I had some contusions (bruises) on four ribs. So I went home happy knowing that it wasnít something much worse.

Iím not trying to sound like some bad-ass, because Iím not. But I think the fall I took would have put the average person in the hospital for an extended stay. My point of reference for pain is higher because Iíve been hurt so bad in the past. Iím getting to the point where I can breathe in and out deeply but Iím still hurting like a mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by 24giovanni View Post
    ... Hope all else is well...
    Iíd like to say ďyesĒ but Iíd be lying if I didnít admit to this being a mind-twisting bitch of an experience.

it is better to rant,than to have never ranted at all.

I wonder if there is an opening somewhere for a professional ranter?

I have been practicing a lot lately and I can rant with the best of them now.

Ow! and Ow! Do you have or have you considered a walker? I used one on wheels, with hand brakes after my leg surgery. When my legs got tired..I could flip it around and have an instant chair. Kicking and screaming all the way of course...but there is not a question in my mind...that critter saved me many a fall. My balance was terrible!
    Mystical Folding Minx

Blog Entries
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by MissTynker2 View Post
    Ow! and Ow! Do you have, or have you considered MJ? I used a bong on wheels, with hand brakes after my leg surgery. When my legs got tired..I could flip it around and have an instant hit. Kicking and screaming all the way of course...but there is not a question in my mind...that critter saved me many a fall. My balance was terrible!

...Ow! and Ow!...
    Ow ow is right.

I’ve thought about getting a roller walker for longer walks but I haven’t gotten one yet. In that case it may not have been much help. I lost my balance right as I was standing up. I probably would have not hit the table but fallen on top the walker instead. The walker is kind of big and bulky for use inside my house every day. I think also my stupid macho pride keeps me from using it. A cane does rather have that “cool factor”.

...Ow! and Ow! Do you have, or have you considered MJ? I used a bong on wheels...
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Fixed
    If marijuana was legal here, Iíd be a pot smoking fool. Itís illegal here even for medicinal use. The last thing I want is the additional problems it would cause if I got caught. Or maybe becoming somebodyís bitch in prison because Iím unable to defend myself. If I went to prison, it would probably end up a life sentence, Iíd probably kill some stupid mofo for trying to sexually assault me.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Fixed

Goof!! I fear that might have caused even a harder fall !
    Mystical Folding Minx

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Ow ow is right.

Iíve thought about getting a roller walker for longer walks but I havenít gotten one yet. In that case it may not have been much help. I lost my balance right as I was standing up. I probably would have not hit the table but fallen on top the walker instead. The walker is kind of big and bulky for use inside my house every day. I think also my stupid macho pride keeps me from using it. A cane does rather have that ďcool factorĒ.

I think it may still have helped you. I kept mine along side of the rollaway (can't wait for Philips edit on that one! )...in my down times...and next to me on the couch as I improved. It definitely helped steady my balance...when arising. Don't be so proud as to cause further damage, please? Paint canes on the side of it...or sumthin'!
    Mystical Folding Minx

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Ow ow is right.

I’ve thought about getting a roller walker for longer walks but I haven’t gotten one yet. In that case it may not have been much help. I lost my balance right as I was standing up. I probably would have not hit the table but fallen on top the walker instead. The walker is kind of big and bulky for use inside my house every day. I think also my stupid macho pride keeps me from using it. A cane does rather have that “cool factor”.

I've got one of those..they are awesome when you need them, and are good for in the house too...they move easily. Haven't used mine in a few years..but it's there if I need it. Mine is a very COOL BLACK color...kind of a manly looking one..but I love the black.

Yeah I think a gloss black one with some little traditional flames painted up the sides might look cool. Even crippled up as I am now I need some way to express my individuality. A friend of mine came over yesterday riding his bike, GSXR 1300 Hayabusa, I am at a loss of words to explain how deeply it affects me knowing that Iíll never be able to throw my leg over a bike and twist the throttle again. I think of all things I have lost the ability to do that one affects me the most. You want to know something weird? My eyes were welling up with tears as I typed that part about bikes. Maybe thatíll give you an idea of how deeply it affects me. It has the ability to make a grown man almost cry.

I donít give a f**k about not being able to drive, I want to ride! I always said I would quit riding when they pried my cold dead fingers from the bars.

In a way that time has come to pass.