I have two WRT610N's that I was wondering if it was possible to make a DUAL WAN connection out of them? I have a web server that could use a little boost in bandwidth so what I was thinking of doing...
  • Take my two cable modem connections and run each connection to each of the WRT610N's (1 connection each)
  • Disable DHCP on both routers
  • Set a static IP on my web server
  • Create a port forwarding rule on both routers that sends port 80 traffic to my web server
  • Setup two A-Records for my domain that points my domain to both of my WAN IP Address (round robin)

Now the part that I am getting stuck on is two things
  • Do I leave BOTH routers in Gateway mode or do I need one in router mode and the other in gateway mode?
  • What do I do about the gateway addresses? Obviously the routers can't have the same gateway address, not to mention that I can't set two gateway addresses in my web server IP Configuration.

So is this even possible? I already have a DUAL WAN router (RV042) that I have been using which works fine but for knowledge purposes I would like to know if this is possible using the two WRT610N's that I have laying around as well.