Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obama: I値l let gays serve openly in military

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    This acceptance of gay is horrifying, let's just fly in the face of God and do our own thing
    Or we could *gasp* leave God out of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post

You suck all the fun out of being a xenophope. Jerk.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    No can do, can't trust his word half the time yet ignore it on certain topics, it just isn't possible, it either always counts, or it doesn't at all
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

No can do, can't trust his word half the time yet ignore it on certain topics, it just isn't possible, it either always counts, or it doesn't at all

What? I think you left a very important pronoum out somewhere.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Quote Originally Posted by brembo View Post
    What? I think you left a very important pronoum out somewhere.
    I was thinking the same thing but realized Brent really does feel you can't trust God's word half the time yet ignore it on certain topics, it just isn't possible, it either always counts, or it doesn't at all.

So it does make sense I guess.

Brent, sexual orientation has nothing to do with defending your country.

Good point, we should leave god and politics out of everything.

Then we'll only fight over sports and american idols!

Yay, peace!

Certified SG Addict
    Even though I know it's a troll-job, I must say that Brent, you've fallen into the theological trap so many Christians do (assuming you don't use religion purely as troll-fuel).

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Cor. 6:9-10, NASB

Homosexuality, while a sin in God's eyes, is also far from the end-all sin you seem to believe it is. Quick examples of all the sins mentioned together (read: there's no bold italic 82-point font in Corinthians separating "homosexual" from the rest of the list), with a few of your own posts that should hit close to home...

Fornicators = Pr0n, eh?
    Idolators = Obsession with sports, celebrities, even the game of politics
    Adulterers = Far more voluminous than gay people in this world.
    Effeminate = Match Game would've been far less entertaining without Paul Lynde.
    Thieves/Swindlers = Bernie Madoff, Ken Lay, Charlie Rangel, et al
    Covetous = Gadgets, houses, cars, lifestyles
    Drunkards = Well, okay. "I want to get drunk and make out with someone"
    Revilers = "Notice the ethnicity, i'm just sayin"

The plank in your own eye is in need of plucking, and there is plenty of equivalent evil in the world. This Westboro-level obsession of yours is patently unchristian; but then again, you seem to find poison is more attractive than honey.

no. no, No. NO, NO... NO! stevebakh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Time to stop whining and just "function" along side your counterpart without the need to wear a sign. Success, respect, discipline not flaunting wins the day.
    I have a hard time imagining that there are many people in the navy/military who openly admin to being homosexual; much less flaunt it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...902570_pf.html

The irony of "don't ask, don't tell" is that it protects bigots and punishes gays who comply.

Shop talk in the unit revolved around sex, either the prostitute-filled parties of days past or the escapades my comrades looked forward to. They interpreted my silence and total lack of interest as an admission of homosexuality. My higher-ups seemed to think that gave them the right to bind me to chairs, ridicule me, hose me down and lock me in a feces-filled dog kennel.

Brent is just fishing, his first cast did not generate enough of a response to satisfy his ego. So he recast except this time bating his hook with the word "God".

Further more, Brent is not a Christian, the mere fact that he would use "God" simply to create unrest, for his own personal amusement, is proof enough of this. Also, being a "Christian" would imply one is striving to be "Christlike" and, as far as I can tell, this is not his aim. Rather, it seems, he simply uses religion to evoke a reaction out of people; Brent is nothing but a poser.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 10-12-09 at 11:43 PM.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Either that, or I'm right and most of you are wrong.

no. no, No. NO, NO... NO! stevebakh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    Further more, Brent is not a Christian, the mere fact that he would use "God" simply to create unrest, for his own personal amusement, is proof enough of this. Also, being a "Christian" would imply one is striving to be "Christlike" and, as far as I can tell, this is not his aim. Rather, it seems, he simply uses religion to evoke a reaction out of people; Brent is nothing but a poser.
    Nail. Head. Hit.

You couldn't be more right. He doesn't even attempt to meet his supposed religion's moral teachings and when called out on it, he just bails with cheap cop-outs like "i am flawed like everyone else on this planet". Pathetic.

Oh - seeing as it's relevant, I saw this on reddit today: [ link ]

Brent, I've said it before, but here it is again:

You can't act all holier than thou when you do not even attempt to correct the faults in your own behaviour and attitude. Your post history shows, if nothing else, that you don't even try. It's easy not to post some of the crap you do. I don't do it and good many other people don't. What's the deal? Are you really just a big giant troll?

Quote Originally Posted by stevebakh View Post
    I have a hard time imagining that there are many people in the navy/military who openly admin to being homosexual; much less flaunt it.
    I agree, so why do we need a change?
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    This acceptance of gay is horrifying, let's just fly in the face of God and do our own thing
    You know what landmark change happened in the church in 2006? Who can now become a lay person/priest/bishop/pastor/reverend/etc?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I agree, so why do we need a change?
    Because we are Americans and Americans pursue liberty for all. Don't ask, Don't tell has nothing to do with any "disruption". The "disruption" is a load of crap, that is just a means to get people to look the other way while the US government (the military no less, which is there to secure our liberty) oppresses homosexuals.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    You know what landmark change happened in the church in 2006? Who can now become a lay person/priest/bishop/pastor/reverend/etc?
    it was wrong

it was wrong
    Why?

it goes against Gods word

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    it was wrong
    "The Episcopal Church affirmed at the 1976 General Convention that homosexuals are "children of God" who deserve acceptance and pastoral care from the church. It also called for homosexual persons to have equal protection under the law. This was reaffirmed in 1982."

"In 1994, the GC determined that church membership would not be determined on "marital status, sex, or sexual orientation". The GC also discourages the use of conversion therapy to "change" homosexuals into heterosexuals.[47]"

"On July 14, 2009, the Episcopal Church's House of Bishops voted that "any ordained ministry" is open to gay men and lesbians."

"The church court ...on May 15, 1996, stating that "no clear doctrine"[53] prohibits ordaining a gay or lesbian person in a committed relationship"
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

it goes against Gods word

Doesn't matter what the Episcopal Church says/does. Homosexuality IS a sin according to the Word of God and any denomination that allows a homosexual Pastor is in sin.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"