Thread: My Land

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Land

(I wish).

Hey Indy : If I send you the original, will you process it in CS4 and post it? I'd be curious to see if you/it can do a sharper copy of this.

send a copy to me too please
    Last edited by Mark; 10-09-09 at 09:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    (I wish).

Hey Indy : If I send you the original, will you process it in CS4 and post it? I'd be curious to see if you/it can do a sharper copy of this.

Sure, I'll give it a go Send it to me at indyost at yahoo dot com : Is it a raw file that you have? Or do you shoot in .jpg?
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

damm that's some pretty country there....nice shot!

Quote Originally Posted by cybotron r_9 View Post
    damm that's some pretty country there....nice shot!
    Thanks. That was taken last Saturday 10/3, down on I-26 toward Erwin, TN. we don't get a lot of Sunny days here this time of year so when we do I tend to go out riding with my camera.

I might move back to NH or VT and if I do, I look forward to taking pics up there, and I'm much more familiar with that country than I am TN. I lived up there for 52 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Sure, I'll give it a go Send it to me at indyost at yahoo dot com : Is it a raw file that you have? Or do you shoot in .jpg?
    OK will do. Offhand does it seem as sharp as yours? It's hard for me to tell.

That lens is sharp IMHO, about the sharpest I have. I once has a Tokina ATX124 12-24 lens that was the sharpest lens I ever owned.

Thanks. I mostly shoot in .jpg.

I resized and sharpened this in PSE5, and turned up the contrast a little, possibly the saturation too.

If any of you post a better copy than mine, I'll know that my Photoshop skills could use some touching up. I hope I won't be sorry I did this.

Here's a link to a 1200x1600 size file of this image. It's about 600kb. Mark can't seem to save the image for some reason. Personally I haven't had that problem in years.

http://forums.speedguide.net/picture...&pictureid=602

1200 x 800 and according to me

maybe Indy can send it to me

I thought that was the max size I could upload it at. I'll see if I can do one for 1600x1200, which I think is 2 MP in a digicam.

just put the original photo in a zip file and send it to me, do not compress it please

I seldom/never deal with Zip files (only unzip them if a download has to be unzipped) but I'll see what I can do.

Blog Entries
    Here's what I got when I applied about a 10% sharpening on the image with CS4:

Original size here.

If I had gone any higher with the sharpening, the edges started getting a little too harsh.

Looking at the two, it seems that the copy I have may be a little more subdued, not quite as dark in areas as the copy you posted up here. The coloring seems to be about the same as the original copy I got from you in the email. The picture that you have on here, did you post-process it from the original you sent me?
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    The picture that you have on here, did you post-process it from the original you sent me?
    Any PP'd images I saved I changed the name of, so the original retained the same name, which I think is Picture 085 or something like that.

I like your edited version but I like mine better. I have a feeling you may not have wanted to post a better copy of mine so you wouldn't hurt my feelings?

Go ahead, I'm a big boy now. If you can post a better copy, go for it. It's up to you. You don't have to do anything more with it if you don't want to.
    Thank you.