Thread: cmd/bat help

Question cmd/bat help

First off, first post here : ) I've seen those albert and crazy cat guys too many times and I've probably landed here more than a few times from google looking for command prompt help, so now it's time to ask my own question.

I was wondering if there's a way to see if a user has a current session on a machine (if they are logged in).

I'm reading a really simple and nice dos/cmd/bat post right now, I know I ran across.

Also is there any way to have a for loop that increments a variable every time?

My idea is that I want to make a bat file that you can drag a file onto and it will copy the file onto several machines, which all have a number prefix at the end of them, of course before coping to them, it needs to check if the user is logged in, also the users will have to run a file first every day b4 they can be accessed, because they have deepfreeze on them with 1 thaw drive.

Thanks in advanced.

To find out who's logged on to what machine, use nbstat. google it.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    To find out who's logged on to what machine, use nbstat. google it.
    I need native internal commands, nothing that's 3rd party/external
    these machines run an exe blocker, so any exe will not work

Hmm I think you meant nbtstat, that's internal but I dont see how this is going to help me... maybe net stat, but even still I'm confused there, and I need to be able to slap an If statement on what ever command I use.
    Last edited by CTS_AE; 10-04-09 at 04:05 PM.