Thread: Speedguide.net flickr group

Blog Entries

Speedguide.net flickr group

Seems there are more people on here lately enjoying the hobby of photography...I've put together a group on flickr just for us, just something informal and fun to putt around with: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1212201@N24/pool/

If you have an account, go there and join the group. It will bring up a dialog box saying that it's by invitation only. Just put in the box that you're from SG and who you are and I'll get the account approved. If you don't have a flickr account, you can get a free account that gives you 100 meg of uploads per month. Just go to flickr.com and sign up. The pro account (if you decide to get it) runs about $25/year, and gives you unlimited storage and image statistics not available with the free account.

If you have any questions, let me know.
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Will take a look Indy.

Just signed up for a flickr account earlier today.

I need to look into that, thanks.

Another site that offers free webspace. I don't know how they do it. Photobucket offers me 300 MB or some outrageously big amount. This one similar.

Are any of you familiar with OLP [ onlinephotographers.com ] ? It's a good small photo forum with about 230 members. Check it out. Has people with all levels of photography experience. I've posted there for a few years now.

http://www.onlinephotographers.com/y...p?action=forum

Cool. If I get a chance, I'll load some pics I took this past weekend. I finally got my tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Cool. If I get a chance, I'll load some pics I took this past weekend. I finally got my tripod.
    You do realize that registered members like you and I can upload up to 250 one MB images to a photo album here don't you? To do so, click on "User CP" and then "albums and photos" or something like that. It's a piece of cake. Then you can post them here via a link from your album.

Lurch

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    You do realize that registered members like you and I can upload up to 250 one MB images to a photo album here don't you? To do so, click on "User CP" and then "albums and photos" or something like that. It's a piece of cake. Then you can post them here via a link from your album.

Lurch
    Yep! I had posted 145 pics that I took at my brother's retirement party from the NYPD.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Yep! I had posted 145 pics that I took at my brother's retirement party from the NYPD.
    That's what I get for butting into others' business.

Come on people. Sign up with the group!!

I just noticed I have a Flikr account from 3 yrs. ago......didn't now it was affiliated with Yahoo

Blog Entries
    Alright, just approved everyone who joined today...just now got to it since I was on jury duty until now
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Got your PM and I signed up.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

i sent ya a message on flickr Indy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    i sent ya a message on flickr Indy
    ------