Thread: EU funding 'Orwellian' artificial intelligence plan to monitor public for "abnormal b

Certified SG Addict

Post EU funding 'Orwellian' artificial intelligence plan to monitor public for "abnormal b

EU funding 'Orwellian' artificial intelligence plan to monitor public for "abnormal behaviour"

A five-year research programme, called Project Indect, aims to develop computer programmes which act as "agents" to monitor and process information from web sites, discussion forums, file servers, peer-to-peer networks and even individual computers.

Its main objectives include the "automatic detection of threats and abnormal behaviour or violence".
    A select nugget:

According to the official website for Project Indect, which began this year, its main objectives include "to develop a platform for the registration and exchange of operational data, acquisition of multimedia content, intelligent processing of all information and automatic detection of threats and recognition of abnormal behaviour or violence".

It talks of the "construction of agents assigned to continuous and automatic monitoring of public resources such as: web sites, discussion forums, usenet groups, file servers, p2p [peer-to-peer] networks as well as individual computer systems, building an internet-based intelligence gathering system, both active and passive".

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    EU funding 'Orwellian' artificial intelligence plan to monitor public for "abnormal behaviour"

A select nugget:

I heard this site is at the top of the list:

www.speedguide.net
    Now, Hank, touch your throat. That tube you feel is your trachea. Think of it as your handle. That thing your thumb is on is your carotid artery. Think of it as your button. I want you to grab the handle, push the button.
    -Brock Samson

Quote Originally Posted by tarpoon75 View Post
    I heard this site is at the top of the list:
    I saw that. The information they gather from this site alone will choke the DB and cause a massive system shutdown.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    I saw that. The information they gather from this site alone will choke the DB and cause a massive system shutdown.
    You want them to choke on your what?
    Now, Hank, touch your throat. That tube you feel is your trachea. Think of it as your handle. That thing your thumb is on is your carotid artery. Think of it as your button. I want you to grab the handle, push the button.
    -Brock Samson

Quote Originally Posted by tarpoon75 View Post
    You want them to choke on your what?
    The same thing you choked on last night dear.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Back on topic:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...xt=va&aid=2444

The following is a list of some 500 software tools, databases, data mining and processing efforts contracted for, under development or in use at the NSA and other intelligence agencies today: