Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carter: Wilson comments ‘based on racism’

Carter: Wilson comments ‘based on racism’

Here's the article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32869276...s-capitol_hill

I guess Jimmy would call me a racist because I disagree with Obama's healthcare.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    ...because I disagree with Obama's healthcare...

I don’t know if his plan is the best, but it’s a start. Something has to be done. If you get sick in this country, you are screwed. Even if you have insurance, they will kick you off after you reach a certain limit.

I had to wait five months for my initial visit for my doctor, the shots of rebif I have to take 3 times a week is $2650.00 a month, I have to do that for the rest of my life and I made 44 today.

Now here’s the real ball buster that’ll probably make you hate me, I’m not paying the crazy cost for that medicine. You are. I couldn’t afford that stupid high cost of the medicine so I had to go on Medicaid. A state agency that is reimbursed by the federal government. So in effect, every taxpaying citizen of the United States is paying that stupid high cost. The cost pisses me off and I’m not even paying for it. Plus I’m taking five other medicines to help control the symptoms of my Multiple Sclerosis. My wife called 58 neurologist before she found one that would take my Medicaid.

You might not think that nothing has to be done about healthcare now, but just wait until you or someone you love gets sick and I bet you change your mind quick, fast and in a hurry. I could go on and on about some of the horrors you will encounter even if you are insured . Getting sick will bankrupt you financially and spiritually.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Certified SG Addict
    RoundEye, the point of debate isn't the health care plan. It's that pundits and commentators are now ramping up the "racism" rhetoric as the reason for dissatisfied Americans' opposition to the administration's policies.

What I'd ask is, where were these same people when the Bush administration tossed the country headlong into war? When Paulson orchestrated the bailout? To me, waiting until the opposite party is in office to suddenly get angry over outrageous spending casts doubt over the authenticity of that outrage. Reeks of partisan politics, not epiphany.

So 9 months ago, when Obama won and his ratings were high, we weren't racists, but now that his approval's tanked we're suddenly racist? Carter's an idiot and probably upset at the fact that GWB wasn't able to dethrone him as the worst President of our time.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    Carter's an idiot and probably upset at the fact that GWB wasn't able to dethrone him as the worst President of our time.
    I think Carters feeling bad for Obama..a fellow Dem, for having to deal with the end results of the crumble of the housing market/mortgage crises that he himself (Carter) started back in the 70's with the community investment project, pushing banks hard to give loans to anyone.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Many of the Presidents have been "decent" men and I believe Carter to be the same, but that comment seems out of line and only fuel on the fire.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Carter's an idiot and probably upset at the fact that GWB wasn't able to dethrone him as the worst President of our time.
    They both went out at 34%. lol

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    They both went out at 34%. lol
    The true effects of a Presidency can't be judged for years after they've left office. Exit #'s don't mean much, it's the long term effects of a Presidency that matter.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

The true effects of a Presidency can't be judged for years after they've left office. Exit #'s don't mean much, it's the long term effects of a Presidency that matter.
    Ya, and Bush will beat carter on that lol

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Ya, and Bush will beat carter on that lol
    Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell. The way Obama's going, he may trump them all and take the lead when all is said and done.

Certified SG Addict
    Regardless of how fine a patina a presidency gains over time, the long term effects of a presidency are still viewed through the lenses of partisanship; Republicans venerate Ronald Reagan today, whereas others on the left and in the economics field view Reaganomics as an abject failure.

Your assumption is that the actions of the Bush administration will be vindicated at some unknown time, years from now. That's a very easy way for any party to deflect criticism. Put the onus on history to prove your case, not the actions, effects and results those living now can readily observe?

"Never mind Bush being the biggest spender since the inception of the republic, in 20 years you'll look back and see he was RIGHT!"

Such speculative reassurance could easily be massaged into:

"Yes, Obama's health care agenda is going to raise taxes by 15%, but in 30 years you'll thank your lucky stars he did it!"

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    RoundEye, the point of debate isn't the health care plan. It's that pundits and commentators are now ramping up the "racism" rhetoric as the reason for dissatisfied Americans' opposition to the administration's policies.

What I'd ask is, where were these same people when the Bush administration tossed the country headlong into war? When Paulson orchestrated the bailout? To me, waiting until the opposite party is in office to suddenly get angry over outrageous spending casts doubt over the authenticity of that outrage. Reeks of partisan politics, not epiphany.

I have to admit I was for the war when it was first brought up. I thought it was going to be like the Gulf war, short and sweet. I had no clue it was started under false pretenses and misinformation from his administration.

Just when I started to believe in my country again the war and hurricane Katrina happened.

They want to blame all this on his race and I hope to God it isn’t. But I’ve out how petty politicians can be when they think they have been threatened
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    Here's the article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32869276...s-capitol_hill

I guess Jimmy would call me a racist because I disagree with Obama's healthcare.

Jimmy, what a buffoon, Worst president ever! Billy would've been a better president.
    09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

"Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

Regardless of how fine a patina a presidency gains over time, the long term effects of a presidency are still viewed through the lenses of partisanship; Republicans venerate Ronald Reagan today, whereas others on the left and in the economics field view Reaganomics as an abject failure.

This has always cracked me up. The lefties et al. never bring up the fact that the revered JFK had the same idea and views about economics as President Reagan. Heck he did the same thing as Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    "a rising tide lifts all boats."
    History, it's a bitch!

"Appeasers feed the crocodile, hoping it will eat them last." - Winston Churchill

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

Certified SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpunge View Post
    This has always cracked me up. The lefties et al. never bring up the fact that the revered JFK had the same idea and views about economics as President Reagan. Heck he did the same thing as Reagan.

History, it's a bitch!
    It doesn't matter. Reagan was merely an example.

Unfortunately, you ignore the larger point to get in a minor dig on the "left, et al."

It doesn't matter. Reagan was merely an example.

Unfortunately, you ignore the larger point to get in a minor dig on the "left, et al."
    BZZZZzz, wrong.

It goes right to your point. The partisan lefties conveniently leave this fact out when berating Reagans economic policies, viewing through their own lens of "partisanship".

Certified SG Addict
    BZZZZzz, wrong.

It goes right to your point. The partisan lefties conveniently leave this fact out when berating Reagans economic policies, viewing through their own lens of "partisanship".
    The impossibility of arguing with an ideologue...

The impossibility of arguing with an ideologue...

"ideologue"

So says you downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    I don’t know if his plan is the best, but it’s a start. Something has to be done. If you get sick in this country, you are screwed. Even if you have insurance, they will kick you off after you reach a certain limit.

I had to wait five months for my initial visit for my doctor, the shots of rebif I have to take 3 times a week is $2650.00 a month, I have to do that for the rest of my life and I made 44 today.

Now here’s the real ball buster that’ll probably make you hate me, I’m not paying the crazy cost for that medicine. You are. I couldn’t afford that stupid high cost of the medicine so I had to go on Medicaid. A state agency that is reimbursed by the federal government. So in effect, every taxpaying citizen of the United States is paying that stupid high cost. The cost pisses me off and I’m not even paying for it. Plus I’m taking five other medicines to help control the symptoms of my Multiple Sclerosis. My wife called 58 neurologist before she found one that would take my Medicaid.

You might not think that nothing has to be done about healthcare now, but just wait until you or someone you love gets sick and I bet you change your mind quick, fast and in a hurry. I could go on and on about some of the horrors you will encounter even if you are insured . Getting sick will bankrupt you financially and spiritually.
    I understand where you are coming from. Something does need to be done with the current healthcare system.

But, I think it's irrational to do something just for somethings sake and not have a solid plan that will work. We need to take more time to solve this problem and to see some hard numbers on what it will actually cost upfront and in the future.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

BZZZZzz, wrong.

Are you of the belief that Reagan was a conservative? LOL

...formerly the omnipotent UOD