Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: CFB Week 3 (2009)

  1. #1
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761

    Post CFB Week 3 (2009)

    After 2 weeks my record stands at 32-6. Here is this week's picks.

    ==========

    Thursday, September 17 2009

    #14 Georgia Tech @ #20 Miami (FL) - Ga. Tech wins

    Friday, September 18 2009

    #10 Boise State @ Fresno State - BSU wins

    Saturday, September 19 2009

    Tennessee @ #1 Florida - Florida wins
    Texas Tech @ #2 Texas - Texas wins
    #3 USC @ Washington - USC wins
    North Texas @ #4 Alabama - Alabama wins
    Temple @ #5 Penn State - PSU wins
    SE Louisiana @ #5 Mississippi - Ole Miss wins
    Florida State @ #7 BYU - BYU wins
    #8 California @ Minnesota - Cal wins
    LA Lafayette @ #9 LSU - LSU wins
    #11 Ohio State Vs. Toledo - Ohio State wins
    Tulsa @ #12 Oklahoma - Oklahoma wins
    #19 Nebraska @ #13 Virginia Tech - Nebraska wins
    Texas St. @ #15 TCU - TCU wins
    Rice @ #16 Oklahoma State - Oklahoma State wins
    #17 Cincinnati @ Oregon State - Cincy wins
    #18 Utah @ Oregon - Utah wins
    Duke @ #22 Kansas - Kansas wins
    #23 Georgia @ Arkansas - Arkansas wins
    East Carolina @ #24 North Carolina - UNC wins
    E. Michigan @ #25 Michigan - Michigan wins

  2. #2
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    wow dude.. your way off and one for sure is VATech getting beat by Nebraska on home turf.. just don't see it. I also see Miami Fl beating GT cause GT just can't maintain after the 1st Q.

    Oregon St looks like they might win that game ... a few others are iffy but I won't speculate.

  3. #3
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Call it a hunch and a desire to shake things up for the first time this year.

  4. #4
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Call it a hunch and a desire to shake things up for the first time this year.
    I hope your hunch is dead wrong... its a long shot too as VATech is a 10point fav going in to it and I plan on Tailgating all day long for it!! Same goes for the next weeks game against Miami Fl.

  5. #5
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Props to Miami. Right now they look far more loaded then I anticipated. In fact I see the winner of the Miami/VaTech game being the front runner the rest of the way in the ACC.

  6. #6
    Auto Tech joecool169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    805
    Good call on Miami sava.
    Joe

  7. #7
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by joecool169 View Post
    Good call on Miami sava.
    It was a easy call... same as VT over Nebraska, just don't know what Roody thinks anymore

  8. #8
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    It was a easy call... same as VT over Nebraska, just don't know what Roody thinks anymore
    Hey I've more then held my own at times.

    I can't make every obvious pick.

  9. #9
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Hey I've more then held my own at times.

    I can't make every obvious pick.
    I'll wave from the stands sat... going to be there at 6am tailgating all day ready to watch us pick some cornhuskers apart.

  10. #10
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Congrats to Washington. They did a great job winning a game that frankly they should have had no shot in. All credit to them for believing they could win and going out and doing so.

    Congrats also to Sava. Your boys pulled it out.

  11. #11
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Congrats to Washington. They did a great job winning a game that frankly they should have had no shot in. All credit to them for believing they could win and going out and doing so.

    Congrats also to Sava. Your boys pulled it out.
    wow.... Washington.. wtf!


    Yeah close game, Nebraska played very hard...very good team this year!! I sure wish I knew where in the hell our offense was after the first drive and until the last drive... man talk about a heart attack... just got home and ready for bed! Cant' talk from yellin

  12. #12
    Cover the spread of ten like moses?

  13. #13
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    It was the classic letdown game. Husky stadium was measured not to long ago as the loudest stadium in football. You got a team who's coaching staff is former USC staff so they know your tendencies and you got a first time starting QB. USC still should have won the game by a couple of scores, but all credit to Washington who clearly is worlds better then they were last year.

  14. #14
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Washington who clearly is worlds better then they were last year.
    I'm thinking same team that didn't win a game either last year or year before..but as I've said before teams change quickly and different players so years previous shouldn't matter.

    But damn glad to see VATech 1 spot ahead of USC in this weeks rankings!

  15. #15
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I'm thinking same team that didn't win a game either last year or year before..but as I've said before teams change quickly and different players so years previous shouldn't matter.

    But damn glad to see VATech 1 spot ahead of USC in this weeks rankings!
    Only in the AP. In the coaches poll which is tied into the BCS Va.Tech is two spots behind.

  16. #16
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Only in the AP. In the coaches poll which is tied into the BCS Va.Tech is two spots behind.
    as far as I know... up to the 4th week or so when the BCS comes out the AP's are the only ones noted during games and looked at for bases..but either way I don't like early numbers anyway however couldn't help but point it out.

  17. #17
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    as far as I know... up to the 4th week or so when the BCS comes out the AP's are the only ones noted during games and looked at for bases..but either way I don't like early numbers anyway however couldn't help but point it out.
    Actually you would be wrong. The AP and coaches are all a part of the equation and there again USC has more total points between the two. Regardless, we are only 3 weeks in and really it's irrelevant at this point.

  18. #18
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Actually you would be wrong. The AP and coaches are all a part of the equation and there again USC has more total points between the two. Regardless, we are only 3 weeks in and really it's irrelevant at this point.
    umm I think we are talkin about two different things.. at the end of the day ESPN and others show the Ranking #'s of the AP poll until the BCS polls are out and that alone is what I'm looking at.. #11 VATech and #12 USC.

  19. #19
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    umm I think we are talkin about two different things.. at the end of the day ESPN and others show the Ranking #'s of the AP poll until the BCS polls are out and that alone is what I'm looking at.. #11 VATech and #12 USC.
    and what I am saying is that USC is higher in the Coaches poll which factors into the BCS (AP does not so ultimately that poll is irrelevant to the BCS scenario although IMO still valid) and in that poll USC is 2 spots higher. Facts are ESPN will show the rankings of the Coaches, AP, Harris etc even after the BCS comes out. Again though it's really irrelevant at this point.

  20. #20
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    and what I am saying is that USC is higher in the Coaches poll which factors into the BCS (AP does not so ultimately that poll is irrelevant to the BCS scenario although IMO still valid) and in that poll USC is 2 spots higher. Facts are ESPN will show the rankings of the Coaches, AP, Harris etc even after the BCS comes out. Again though it's really irrelevant at this point.
    doesn't matter.. VATech will have Miami for lunch this coming weekend just like we had corn for lunch this past weekend and move on a little higher back to where we were.

Similar Threads

  1. This is why Comcast sucks! (Rant)
    By JPThomas68 in forum US Broadband Providers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-11, 07:08 AM
  2. CFB Week 1 (2009)
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-28-09, 05:35 AM
  3. CFB week 2 (2009)
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-09, 07:52 PM
  4. Internet time-out
    By Eros in forum Networking Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-09, 04:21 AM
  5. "The Obama Effect"... This gave me a differnt prespective
    By blacklab in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-09, 03:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •