Thread: Might be a Doggie Gramma soon!!

SG Enthusiast

Cool Might be a Doggie Gramma soon!!

Gonna take our Golden Retreiver Dora to meet our friend's 2 year old Golden Retreiver Tex..leave her for a few days to get aquainted.
    She should deliver 8-10 gorgeous purebred pups. We are splitting costs and selling for $600..$300 each. She is keeping the pups until they are gone..she lives out in the country, we don't have the room. Only thing is my Dora will have to stay there to care for her pups.
    Gramma and Grampa are going to keep one, gonna let Chris pick this time, but I do want another female if possible. Dora is 5 years old now and this will be her only litter, we will have her spayed after.
    I think our friend Karen has them almost all spoken for already, but because we are splitting everything I want first pick of the litter.
    Will post pics of the little buggers..They say approx. 63 days after conception..wow!! wish we could do that 2months versus 9 months.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Do the dogs have papers? My mom breeds championship goats and my aunt used to breed Collies when I was growing up. It was a trip going to her house when I was younger. There was dogs running around all over the place. This was no puppy mill, those dogs were her babies.

Let me give MadDoc a boner. Hereís one of my momís goats at a Halloween contest.

Yep, breeding animals is fun. So long as itís done right (no animal mills) and you have the cash for it.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

SG Enthusiast
    They both have papers, she is allowed to breed, I signed papers saying I would not breed her and have her spayed. We can say they both have papers but the pups cannot be registered using Dora's pedigree. We are selling them without papers..the papers are a bunch of **** if they are only going to be pets. This is the only litter I am going to do, I just want Dora to have some pups before I spay her.

SG Enthusiast
    Found a cool site about the subject..looks like I may have to stick around for the "act" to keep Dora calm.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/breedingtie.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Teirney View Post
    Gonna take our Golden Retreiver Dora to meet our friend's 2 year old Golden Retreiver Tex..leave her for a few days to get aquainted.
    She should deliver 8-10 gorgeous purebred pups. We are splitting costs and selling for $600..$300 each. She is keeping the pups until they are gone..she lives out in the country, we don't have the room. Only thing is my Dora will have to stay there to care for her pups.
    Gramma and Grampa are going to keep one, gonna let Chris pick this time, but I do want another female if possible. Dora is 5 years old now and this will be her only litter, we will have her spayed after.
    I think our friend Karen has them almost all spoken for already, but because we are splitting everything I want first pick of the litter.
    Will post pics of the little buggers..They say approx. 63 days after conception..wow!! wish we could do that 2months versus 9 months.
    IMO,

don't have a litter,

get her spayed ,

go to a rescue shelter and adopt one if you want a second dog,

there are enough dogs in rescues/shelters that need homes.

have you ever gone through this before?
    because it's a lot more work and expense that you think,
    and like I said,there are already way too many unwanted and loose dogs.

I do alot of work with "puppy mill" dogs and local rescue shelters here,and there are just way too many dogs to deal with,at least here in the states,and IMO as cute as it sounds to have a litter,people should adopt more and have "home litters" less !

the county and city shelters euthanize more dogs than you can imagine,at least here,the shelters are over flowing.

there are several Golden Retriever rescues here that I know of,I could find you a beauty and have it shipped for a fraction of the cost of the expenses of having a litter and properly caring for them and vet bills involved.

I have 3 words to say RESCUE ! RESCUE ! RESCUE!

http://canadiangoldens.com/rescue.cgi

http://www.golden-rescue.net/
    Last edited by Dan; 09-02-09 at 06:50 PM.

Took the words out of my mouth Dan

My first dog was a golden retriever. Best dog ever.

Excellent dogs, dumb as rocks but you can't beat their personalities.

Any shots of Dora Teirney?