Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: FireFox Update Thread

In my world they don't. I have deep freeze protecting my computers and have to update this **** manually. I am getting tired of an update coming out every other day it seems now.

Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    In my world they don't. I have deep freeze protecting my computers and have to update this **** manually. I am getting tired of an update coming out every other day it seems now.
    Just remember.... "Job Security"

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Just remember.... "Job Security"

That's what everyone tells me.

I think we will see the full final of 4 release in the next 3 weeks.

Sava, ftw.

Sava, ftw.
    From what I've been reading around, full final version of 4 will release towards the end of Feb. Releasing one more beta and one RC prior to it.

This bug fix or update coming in FF 4 will end up speeding the load time of FF4 by twice as fast as what you can get now!!

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=627591

This bug fix or update coming in FF 4 will end up speeding the load time of FF4 by twice as fast as what you can get now!!

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=627591

Expect FF 4 soon but also expect to see 5,6 and 7 by the end of THIS year!!! Although it does have "Draft" at the top of the page for the wiki, it's still leaves the door open for at least 1 version this year after FF4.

Firefox's official roadmap has been updated, and boy are there some interesting changes afoot. Most notably, Firefox 7 will ship in 2011. The second biggy, and the main focus of Firefox development in 2011, is to make sure there is no more than 50ms between any user interaction and feedback from the browser.

As far as feature sets go, this is what the roadmap looks like: Firefox 5 will absorb the Account Manager and F1 Simple Sharing add-ons to become built-in features. It looks like Windows 7 64-bit will be officially supported with FF5, too.

Firefox 6 will have a focus on the Web applications framework, JavaScript optimizations, and support for OS X 10.7. For Web applications, some missing pieces of CSS3 and HTML5 will be added to Gecko, the rendering engine.

Firefox 7's feature list is less clear. Electrolysis (splitting everything into separate processes) and changes to XBL support are mentioned, but nothing certain.

Overall, there's a big emphasis on responsiveness and "shining the primary UI until it gleams."

It'll definitely be interesting to see how Mozilla transitions to a new release cycle -- and it'll definitely mean a lot more Firefox-related news, too!
    source

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Roadmap

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Group Policy FTW! I wrapped up my Java .23 updates at most clients last week.
    About 15 minutes of my time per client/network.....no matter how large the network.
    We also just purchased Kaseya....to automate smaller clients.

I'm about to 100% complete the jump from Firefox to Chrome. Ad block in Chrome good 'n mature, faster loading, faster response, safer...can't think of why to stay with FF.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    I'm about to 100% complete the jump from Firefox to Chrome. Ad block in Chrome good 'n mature, faster loading, faster response, safer...can't think of why to stay with FF.
    I will never use Chrome.

The problem with Chrome is the privacy issue. Google business model is to find out what we do to assess our behavior and life style for future use. Though they can track us up to certain level, using their own browser makes it easy for them to follow our every move.

One day they will get enough information to predict everything about a person and profiling. Like credit reporting agencies, they may become a Character reporting agency.

Quote Originally Posted by satyre View Post
    I will never use Chrome.

The problem with Chrome is the privacy issue. Google business model is to find out what we do to assess our behavior and life style for future use. Though they can track us up to certain level, using their own browser makes it easy for them to follow our every move..
    Very easily turned off by unchecking the "suggestion" feature of the searches. And...this search data is the same as when you install toolbars into Internet Exploader or Firefox or Safari....as they install BHO's into those browsers which do the same thing.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Very easily turned off by unchecking the "suggestion" feature of the searches. And...this search data is the same as when you install toolbars into Internet Exploader or Firefox or Safari....as they install BHO's into those browsers which do the same thing.
    This is why I refuse to use Toolbars, and satrye has a good point on privacy. Google is sticking its head into just about everything that Face(Lame)book isn't.

This is why I refuse to use Toolbars, and satrye has a good point on privacy. Google is sticking its head into just about everything that Face(Lame)book isn't.
    And by default...what does Firefox had for a search bar? Yup! The BHO's for Google are in there too!
    And Internet Exploader users....what does IE have by default? Bing...and we have pretty much the same equivalent.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Everything tracks us. I like Chrome's incognito mode. Still use FF as well.