Thread: What's the safest to use?

Question What's the safest to use?

Which instant message program do y'all think is the safest one to use? ( AOL, ICQ, MSN, ect.)

Thanks.....

blebs99

Talking

Thats a good question. I use both AIM and MSN. I tried ICQ but I'm leary of virus and trojan infection from it. I guess the best way to say it is, if configured properly and you have every other possible security measure in place, then any of them should be good.

All right-I'm open to flames on this one!

Banshee

Go with ICQ. It is the best and you can be on the Speed Guide ICQ active list.

------------------

-Bryan, AKA CPbanshee-
    e-mail me! cpbanshee@excite.com

Thanks for the replies.

keeper

Don't think an IM can be safe.

JANDOENT

I use ICQ sometimes. Just be carefull, keep your Anti Virus proggie updated, use a good software firewall (Zone Alarm) that will tell you if something is trying to call home (maybe it's an auto update, maybe it's a trojan...) Know your registry, etc., or occassionally run a trojan scan. Don't open attachments, esp. from people you don't know. Delete messages from people that aren't on your list. (I require people ask me to be authorized for my list and I usually am in Privacy mode...) There is still a risk, but it is for you to decide if it is worth it...

------------------
    Inquiring minds want to know...

digitalX

no way!!! icq is the best
    1 no banners
    2 more options

a better all around chat program

noone of them are safe, but if you are gonna use one use icq since most people here use it..

------------------
    icq 104145458

Prey521

I use them all (AIM, ICQ, MSN & Yahoo), and have never had any security problems. As longs as you don't foolishly accept any files from anyone you dont know, then you should be ok. And most of them have an Antivirus section if you go into the properties of the specific proggy that will further safeguard your PC. Happy Chatting

------------------

Prey521

I use them all (AIM, ICQ, MSN & Yahoo), and have never had any security problems. As longs as you don't foolishly accept any files from anyone you dont know, then you should be ok. And most of them have an Antivirus section if you go into the properties of the specific proggy that will further safeguard your PC. Happy Chatting

------------------