Thread: cheap router to direct traffic

cheap router to direct traffic

I am trying to setup a network for a small business. They have 2 building next to each other. Each building has ADSL service, and they are currently using VPN to connect these two network. However, it was slow so I used a wireless bridge to connect these two network.

Now the next trick is, I need a router to direct internal network traffic through the wireless bridge (192.168.x.x) and the rest (including internet) traffic through the ADSL modem. Is there a cheap and simple solution instead of buying a cisco router? Thanks for any help.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    What IP range is each network? How large is the network on each end?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by naps9600 View Post
    I am trying to setup a network for a small business. They have 2 building next to each other. Each building has ADSL service, and they are currently using VPN to connect these two network. However, it was slow so I used a wireless bridge to connect these two network.

Now the next trick is, I need a router to direct internal network traffic through the wireless bridge (192.168.x.x) and the rest (including internet) traffic through the ADSL modem. Is there a cheap and simple solution instead of buying a cisco router? Thanks for any help.
    Hmm .. buildings next to each other gave me an idea. Get point to point 802.11b LoS antennas plugged on Linksys WRTs. It should do the trick. Keep wireless security in mind though.

There's about 100 computers/servers on Bldg A. It's bridged with 10 computers on Bldg. B. (192.168.0.x). I want these 10 computers to access the internet through ADSL in Bldg B.

I've been talking to couple of friends, and they suggest just get a cheap used cisco router, or build one from a computer. I'm leaning more towards a router for reliability purposes.