Thread: Lag when streaming videos/playing xbox

Lag when streaming videos/playing xbox

Hi, my connection has recently started lagging when streaming things. When I stream a video, it will lag every 10 seconds or about 2 seconds. I've also noticed when I play on my xbox, every once in a while, I see players teleporting for a few seconds before carrying on as normal. Its not due to laggy matches, all the matches have a perfectly fine connection. I can even kill the teleporting players and this has happened on pretty much all the shooter games.

So I'm pretty sure both the issues are related to my connection because its a kind of lag that lasts momentarily and everything goes back to normal.

Thanks for any help, its really been getting on my nerves

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    What make/model router do you have? If you have one, does it support QoS?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    What make/model router do you have? If you have one, does it support QoS?
    It's a Belkin G wireless but this problem has never occured before, it was perfectly fine before about 2 weeks ago. I also dont connect to my computer or my xbox wirelessly so that wouldnt be the problem.

Bump. Come on guys, nobody can help ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caker View Post
    Hi, my connection has recently started lagging when streaming things. When I stream a video, it will lag every 10 seconds or about 2 seconds. I've also noticed when I play on my xbox, every once in a while, I see players teleporting for a few seconds before carrying on as normal. Its not due to laggy matches, all the matches have a perfectly fine connection. I can even kill the teleporting players and this has happened on pretty much all the shooter games.

So I'm pretty sure both the issues are related to my connection because its a kind of lag that lasts momentarily and everything goes back to normal.

Thanks for any help, its really been getting on my nerves
    The Xbox Live service uses UDP ports 88 and 3074 as well as TCP port 3074, If you have DMZ you can put your consoles IP in to open all ports for just the console ,(wont hurt a thing) or make the 2 ports for xboxlive ,priority on QOS (if availible on your router) And also it could be just a select few people ,creating the lag by using their standby button ,or lag switches on their network since its not constant for you. Sorry hope it helps- whats your gt btw ? mine is Sgt Peppers187 cya