Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do I want this Casio G Shock?

Blog Entries
    I wear an Omega. Rather out of character, but it was a gift.

Fossil, Swiss Army and Invicta make some nice looking watches, as does Citizen.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    As an aside, various tech gadgets have relegated the former ubiquitous tool to a bulky adornment.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    ...are the bees ankles...
    Are the beeís ankles connected to the beeís knees through the beeís shinbones?
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

no. no, No. NO, NO... NO! stevebakh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    This might be the appropriate thread to ask since there seems to be a few mechanical watch affectionatos (spelling?) here.

I’m looking for a decent watch to wear when I go out. I don’t wear a watch at other times. One without a normal face of sorts, I’d like to see the gears spinning and the winding mechanism if possible. Anybody know of a brand or some examples I could ask Santa for?

Hmmm, Rotary do quite a few where you can see the mechanical workings of the watch. Mine does just that - it's a wind-up watch, but is automatic - so it self winds through your movement throughout the day. You can also wind it manually.

This brand has a range of watches like this, some as cheap as £100, ranging from more bulky, heavy watches, to more classical looking watches like the following: http://www.watchshopuk.com/mens-rota...p99928002.html

This might be the appropriate thread to ask since there seems to be a few mechanical watch affectionatos (spelling?) here.

Iím looking for a decent watch to wear when I go out. I donít wear a watch at other times. One without a normal face of sorts, Iíd like to see the gears spinning and the winding mechanism if possible. Anybody know of a brand or some examples I could ask Santa for?

normally called a skeleton watch. im not up on brands, but makes it easier to search.
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

I like Swiss Army knives but I have to say the Swiss Army watch I bought myself a while back was among the crappiest watches I've ever worn.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    I like Swiss Army knives but I have to say the Swiss Army watch I bought myself a while back was among the crappiest watches I've ever worn.
    I have had this Swiss Army watch since 1995. Bought it from Hammacher & Schlemmer for $160. I see they go for almost $300 now. It has been flawless. I know there are probably a lot of knock-offs, but mine is a real Wenger and it won't die. Says Swiss Made and no other references to an Asian country anywhere.

USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I have had this Swiss Army watch since 1995. Bought it from Hammacher & Schlemmer for $160. I see they go for almost $300 now. It has been flawless. I know there are probably a lot of knock-offs, but mine is a real Wenger and it won't die. Says Swiss Made and no other references to an Asian country anywhere.

Looks identical to mine. Maybe I got a lemon.

Iím looking for a decent watch to wear when I go out. I donít wear a watch at other times. One without a normal face of sorts, Iíd like to see the gears spinning and the winding mechanism if possible. Anybody know of a brand or some examples I could ask Santa for?

imo, invicta's are nice looking yet still inexpensive (some of them).
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    normally called a skeleton watch. im not up on brands, but makes it easier to search.
    Thanks,

I did a Google image search for “Skeleton Watch” and this one came up. I don’t know what the price is but the watch is awesome.

Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

invicta skeleton

a.k.a. GSXR 750

I've had a few nice watches over the years to include Eco Drives, Swiss Army & a few others. I guess I am just an analog guy.

here are my two analog watches

Have you had good luck with you Wenger? Looks like a Standard Issue also. I recently "re-discovered" mine and am liking it! I am thinking I don't want the Casio now. Do I really need to know what time it is is 47 cities.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Have you had good luck with you Wenger? Looks like a Standard Issue also. I recently "re-discovered" mine and am liking it! I am thinking I don't want the Casio now. Do I really need to know what time it is is 47 cities.
    yep! it's worked perfect for many years now

you speak spanish, Dan?

- Leo Szilard

you speak spanish, Dan?
    no,but I have perfected farting in Spanish !

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    no,but I have perfected farting in Spanish !
    lol. i asked as the day/date on the Seiko is set for spanish.

- Leo Szilard