Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

You have 2 families... "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have 2 parents, 2 children and live in California.

"Joe Legal" works in construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes $25.00 per hour with payroll taxes deducted.

"Jose Illegal" also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Joe Legal... $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week = $52,000 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax.
    Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal... $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week = $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes.
    Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays for Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage ... $1000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year.
    Joe Legal now has $19,231.00.

Jose Illegal has full Medical and Dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year.
    Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money to be eligible for Food Stamps or Welfare so Joe Legal pays for food... $1,000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps and Welfare.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,000.00 per month = $12,000.00 per year.
    Joe Legal is now in the hole -$4,769.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month Federal rent subsidy, which entirely pays his rent of $500.00 per month = $6,000.00 per year.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays and gets a part time job after work to make ends meet.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school.

Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get free government sponsored lunches.

Joe Legal's children go home after school. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program which, again, is provided free of charge.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services, but Joe Legal paid for them and Jose Illegal did not pay.

ARE YOU MAD YET?!?!?!
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Most illegals do have SS#s(stolen) and so they do have taxes taken out.

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Most illegals do have SS#s(stolen) and so they do have taxes taken out.
    or they use one of a legal relative be dead or alive or perhaps one of a friend with their permission.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

Gixxer...if you had to sneak into Canada to make sure you family was taken care of wouldn't you do it?

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones View Post
    Gixxer...if you had to sneak into Canada to make sure you family was taken care of wouldn't you do it?
    how about the illegal mexicans that are here just stay in their country and fix it instead of milking the USA dry.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Start putting illegals in prison instead of shipping them back and I bet the influx of illegals lessens quite a bit.

Canít blame a person for wanting to better themselves and family. For all the bitching I do about the U.S.ís current state of affairs it is still a great place to live.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Certified SG Addict
    E-mail forwards are forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones View Post
    I'd rather sneak into Mexico and than sneak into Canada.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Uninsured for your health
    Kinda missing it there, undocumented workers can get a Migrant Laboror ID, not sure of the exact name...it's used like an SS number for tax purposes, but you can't use it to purchase real esate or get any other kind of financing. Income Taxes do get taken out of their wages, however, they can't always file a tax return
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    how about the illegal mexicans that are here just stay in their country and fix it instead of milking the USA dry.
    Same as in the US the poor have no voice...plus when your family doesnt have food you dont have to time wait for socio-economic change.

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    I'd rather sneak into Mexico and than sneak into Canada.
    Not sure about that one...its a toss up Canadian Football or Soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    E-mail forwards are forwards.
    your point? this is a good topic regardless where it comes from.

btw, wash your hands before you tell me mine are dirty.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by CiscoKid View Post
    Kinda missing it there, undocumented workers can get a Migrant Laboror ID, not sure of the exact name...it's used like an SS number for tax purposes, but you can't use it to purchase real esate or get any other kind of financing. Income Taxes do get taken out of their wages, however, they can't always file a tax return

only some at best. a lot of these people work under the table.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    only some at best. a lot of these people work under the table.
    A lot of folks have made money under the table or just don't claim 100% of what they should at tax time.

Certified SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    your point? this is a good topic regardless where it comes from.

btw, wash your hands before you tell me mine are dirty.
    No need to fly the Pilate flag on me, you won't find me presenting e-mail forwards as solid foundations of a serious discussion.

But since it's apparently not obvious to you, the POINT is, these kinds of e-mail forwards inevitably smack not of nationalistic outrage, but of racist nonsense by people who have an inflated sense of financial advocacy (or knowledge). Most of the time, the author doesn't take anything into account other than his/her "taxpayer rage" as the basis for the comparison(s).

Save all the money from the "evil" illegals and the government will just spend it somewhere else against your will. More e-mail forwards. Corporate avarice -- not illegal labor -- is the source of disparity in America's and the world's economies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post

Corporate avarice -- not illegal labor -- is the source of disparity in America's and the world's economies.
    Spot on.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

here is my take on this thread,

1)who gives a **** if a post comes from a email forward,or a tin foil hat site,or a legitimate news source !?!?!? why debate that ? is the issue how a member posted the thought provoking info ? or the actual topic ? LOL

2)illegals spend money here for the most part,so taxes are paid,and more importantly ! they do the crap jobs most Americans WON'T do ! including ME ! and probably MOST of YOU!

3) if you sell on ebay or have that great American yard sale ,thats all "under the table" ! !

4)IMO most people are "racist" in one form or another
    Last edited by Dan; 07-08-09 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    3) if you sell on ebay or have that great American yard sale ,thats all "under the table" ! !

4)IMO most people are "racist" in one form or another
    3) never thought of it that way

4) follow me on twitter!

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    they do the crap jobs most Americans WON'T do ! including ME ! and probably MOST of YOU!
    I'm no illegal but I do a lot of odd jobs... My reason for doing so... I wanted to be more like Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs. I like to do the kind of stuff that makes civilized life possible..
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"