Thread: IE 5.01 freezing while loading speedguide.net homepage

meljon

Post IE 5.01 freezing while loading speedguide.net homepage

It only freezes when I enable the browser to show pictures. If I disable pictures, it works fine. I am using IE v5.00.2919.6307, 128 bit. I went and updated my Win98SE over the internet, and this solved the problem for the first time going to your homepage. The second time I went there, it froze again.

I saw someone updated there JAVA VM and this solved it for them, but there was no option to update that on the Windows Update page at MS. I don't know if that means I have the most up to date version, or if I have to download it from another place.

yea, I am still having that damn problem too. ARRGHH! It is annoying. I hate it when I can't fix something on my puter!

cb

meljon

I just loaded Norton Internet Security 2000, and I can now get to the SpeedGuide.net's homepage. I seem to remeber I didn't have a problem when I was using WebWasher either. Both of these products block ads, and I have a feeling this is the problem with the home page. It might be the ads that these products block which were freezing IE 5.01 on my PC.
    Jon

thanks for that info, I really want to get this "bug" of mine fixed.

cb

Well... I installed netscape. However, 3 seconds later I had the damn thing uninstalled. I would rather suffer by opening aol to see this page than by using that virus of a browser! I installed it and it installed 50 other programs I didn't want. Like- winamp, netscape messenger, netscape publisher, just a bunch of crap.

cb

------------------
    Want some rights? Check out the new @home Bill of Rights page! http://pub6.ezboard.com/bcableusersbillofrights

[This message has been edited by cableboy (edited 02-17-2000).]

DQderrick

Angry

My IE 5.01 is crashing too!

I just reformatted my C: drive and it worked perfectly with a clean install of 98SE. Then I went and started using Windows Update. Fat mistake I guess. I didn't test anything while updating... To bad. I added 128bit IE and the new Java Machine. By the time I was done updating, I had no Critical or Recommended updates.

I HATE it too when I can't fix something on my computer. It bugs the living crap out of me. (what does that mean??) Especially when MS "updates" bugs something up! WTF! :-)

DQderrick