Thread: SAABs

Cool SAABs

Hey. just created my profile today... but yea, what do you all think of a saab 900s turbo 5 speed, racin against the other "street" cars??? i mean, if the right mods have been applied to it???

Saabs suck. They still have odd gas cap sizes?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I like 'em, I had a 9000 for a few years. I think in the street racing realm here in the states, they're not popular because it's mostly kids that mod cars into "ricers"..and they tend to stay away from Euro based cars because of the expense. Asian market cars, as well as aftermarket mods for them...are cheaper.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    I’m an old street racer from way back, cars and bikes. Put your mom and dad’s car away. Find something easier and cheaper to mod. Something that already has a whole host of parts made for it.

Racing sure is s lot of fun but remember speed kills.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

wat if

what if i said i was taken parts from other vehicles and customizing em for my saab??? My entire drivetrain is mitsubishi and older lexus. i got the turbo from a junked ford 250 extended cab. i got the mods i need, i just needed to no, what everyone thought about a saab racin, legally and maybe a few times not so legally . it runs beautifully and im in the midst of an engine rebuild. i will have pics up as i complete it. also, if anyone knows about car meets in buffalo, not for racin, but just to chill and see some neat cars, let me no. (ill try to be a regular here too!!!)

thankx,
    Bazz

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Iím an old street racer from way back, cars and bikes. Put your mom and dadís car away. Find something easier and cheaper to mod. Something that already has a whole host of parts made for it.

Racing sure is s lot of fun but remember speed kills.

yea, it kills, but so do alot of things. im a careful driver when it comes to racin, and i back off if something does not seem right. the easier and cheaper mods part, nah. ill find a junked evo, or mazda eventually and start a project, but not for a few years. yea, im 18 so my dad is helpin me out with everything, he built his chevy from the ground up, with parts from every car known to man, and some that arent... lol, but the parts is no problem.

ur a street racer??? share stories at all??? i honestly am fascinated by older street racers(not sayin ur old) stories.

Check out Grassroots Motorsports. They just rebuilt an old Saab 99 or something.

Actually I was planning on getting a subscription in the next few days for myself

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/

I could write a book on racing stories. I will tell you this though, I came off my bike at well over a buck and a half. As a result Iíve had 18 pieces of metal put into me, ten taken out and a bone graft in my neck. Iím telling you now, it is best to keep it on the track.

If you have the mechanical ability and back-up of you parents then go for it. You will need a reliable car for the down times of the project car.

for the down time, I have a Chevy wt. its actually a pretty nice truck. my dad has owned a few of them over the years, so im continuing on that.

Quote Originally Posted by SAABracer101 View Post
    ....im a careful driver when it comes to racin, and i back off if something does not seem right....

I thought I was careful too, a long stretch of desolate highway, and either a car changed lanes way in front of me or somebody came out from along the roadside fishing late one night.

I think around 200MPH is covering a football field a second, things can and do go wrong at high speed. I’m just trying to make the point that things can and do go wrong. I'd hate for you to learn the hard way like I did.

Stick around for a while. The automotive forum could use some more activity and there is a few knowledgeable old gearheads that hang around here.

Stick around for a while. The automotive forum could use some more activity and there is a few knowledgeable old gearheads that hang around here.
    ill be around. my computer has started doin some strange things lately... it might be a few days before i get back on the web.... getin it checked out hopefully soon. ill tty all l8r - Bazz

starting soon in college for auto engineering. time to teach these buys how to fix, and upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by SAABracer101 View Post
    ...my computer has started doin some strange things lately...

Pay a visit to the Security forum. Sounds like your PC has a bad case of the computer clap. (virus and/or spyware)

Sounds like your PC has a bad case of the computer clap. (virus and/or spyware)