Thread: Counter Strike Problems

Counter Strike Problems

I'm believe I'm having problems with DirectX. I try to run Counter Strike and it crashes as soon as I get in the server. I've uninstalled Steam, Counter Strike, and my graphics driver about 7 times now, and it doesn't fix the problem. I also deleted the registry key for DirectX to see if I could do a clean install, but that didn't work, so I installed a program that put back my original DirectX 8.1.

dxdiag says I have DirectX 8.1, even though I've tried just about every download of DirectX9c, including the one at Microsoft. I read somewhere that DirectX9a could work, but I couldnt find a download of it. I noticed this problem occured when I installed WindowBlinds/Object Desktop/Vista replica skin about 2 weeks ago, so I uninstalled 4 days ago.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you adjusted the video settings in-game?

You're probably not going to want to hear this. But if I were in your position, I'd just start fresh and format the computer.
    ** Speed 3370(down)/425(up) kbps **
    My IROC-Z28

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    ** Speed 3370(down)/425(up) kbps **
    coolj, what is the average ping u get when playing fpses liek counter strike and call of duty? im curious because i used to have a similar connection to yours and im wondering if i got the ping i was paying for(in a sens :P).

Smile ehm

if you find any solution please let me know because i have the same problem
    thx

if you find any solution please let me know because i have the same problem
    thx

when i press tab button to view scoreboard in cs1.6 i can see only my score.. my ping and death is not displayed !! y??

Great way to revive a 4 year old thread lol but I'll still assist with the issue(s)

This solution usually fixes any steam game. It's called "Verify Integrity of Game cache" and it's under the game property options in the steam game library list. Just right click the game you're having trouble with, choose Properties. In the next window choose the Local Files tab, the click Verify Integrity of Game Cache. A progress bar will then appear and all you have to do is let it complete 100%. If your problem was related to missing game or corrupted game files, it will be fixed. If you recently added any custom GUI's or anything like that, you may want to rename your cstrike folder and relaunch the game (it will automatically make a brand new one). In order to find your game folder, it depends on your operating system. It's usually Local Disk C:/Program Files (x86) [if on Windows Vista or 7]/Steam/SteamApps/YourAccountName/Counter-Strike/ then rename Cstrike

the above is for 1.6 and Counter-Strike Source for source.

Same goes for any game you have installed for Steam. Only difference is that instead of your account name, you click on Common.

Good luck.

P.S. I've never ran into that scoreboard problem. Pretty weird, but the above fix should definitely fix it. Also, what resolution do you play at?
    <sarcastic>um... yeah</sarcastic>

Wanna get pwned?

Quote Originally Posted by raromoney View Post
    Thanks EvilAjax!
    Yup, I'm baaaackkk!

EvilAjax unbanned, reinforces stereotypes with gunplay braggadocio...