Thread: MAJOR ISSUES.......PLEASE HELP!

Exclamation MAJOR ISSUES.......PLEASE HELP!

Ok, here's the problem. I have Win2K, and I just replaced my HP burner with an TDK 16/10/40. The first couple of times I booted up, it would reboot whenever I touched the mouse. It finally worked OK, but froze when the screan saver came on. I then decided to re-install Win2k. I got most of the way through instalation, then it rebooted and I got the blue screen stop error. Now, that's all I get. I've tried to boot from my A:\ drive to get into dos, and to boot up in safe mode, but nothing seems to work. When I boot from my A drive, I get an I/O error. I don't know what else to do....PLEASE HELP!!
    What I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me.

If you cant even boot with a floppy then it sounds like you are going to have to format the harddrive on a different computer, you can start the install on another computer aswell, but when it gets to the point where it is going to start installing all the plug in play stuff then you will need to shut the computer off and put it back in the other comp, so it will install the plug and play stuff from the right comp.

But this will only work if you have access to another computer.

Jason
    t-bird 1.2 @ 1.37 (137*10) cas 2
    Abit KT7A-RAID
    2 40 gig 7200 rpm harddrives (raid)
    geforce2 mx
    soundblaster awe 512
    3com nic
    generic ram 256(pc133)
    yamaha 16x burner
    aopen 16x dvd
    thermo engine w/delta
    Duron 700 @1000 (10*100)
    kt7a-raid
    128meg pc100
    20gig maxtor
    creative 8x burner
    linksy 10/100
    soundblaster
    voodoo3 3000 agp

Lightbulb

Please don't do anything drastic for now.

You can revert back to the lastknown configuration by hitting the spacebar when booting up. If you don't get this far...

Start with minimum configuration.

Minimum configuration meaning: remove extra memory 64mb to start, remove sound cards, ethernet, cdrw etc until you are able to bootup backup.

Once you are able to bootup, then you can start adding your components one at a time.

If this is an application that you installed, you would like to boot into safemode and ininstall the offending application.

You will find which component caused your problem.

I hope this helps.
    [b][i]Levi[i][b]

Talking

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I did manage a succussfull re-install of windows. No big deal, I didn't have that many apps installed anyway. Thanks again!
    What I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me.