Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Americans high on Obama, U.S. direction

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Bush didn't make me laugh. He made me feel he was incompetent and most people agreed. Most clearly don't agree with your assessment of Obama's intelligence.
    I didn't say he was stupid, he just sounds stupid when he doesn't have a script in front of him.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    I didn't say he was stupid, he just sounds stupid when he doesn't have a script in front of him.
    So he sounded stupid in the debates?

Quote Originally Posted by DV View Post
    So he sounded stupid in the debates?
    He sounded good, but then again, the debates are scripted. Throw him a surprise question or one that he has to really think about and watch the hilarity ensue.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

He sounded good, but then again, the debates are scripted. Throw him a surprise question or one that he has to really think about and watch the hilarity ensue.

I don't' recall Bush being asked surprised questions, just surprised with thrown shoes...and he dodged them pretty well.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Anyone can be caught off guard and babble like an idiot. Obama after all is only human. I doubt you could do any better; I know I couldn't even think straight in front of that many people. Also, your 2nd video seems edited.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    Anyone can be caught off guard and babble like an idiot. Obama after all is only human. I doubt you could do any better; I know I couldn't even think straight in front of that many people. Also, your 2nd video seems edited.
    2nd video is edited to show the parts where he sounds like a moron.

Yes, anyone can be caught off guard, but it happens almost all the time with this guy. While all Presidents use teleprompters, Obama NEEDS a teleprompter. The teleprompter even has it's own website and Twitter account.

2nd video is edited to show the parts where he sounds like a moron.

Yes, anyone can be caught off guard, but it happens almost all the time with this guy. While all Presidents use teleprompters, Obama NEEDS a teleprompter. The teleprompter even has it's own website and Twitter account.
    "2nd video is edited to show the parts where he sounds like a moron."

You mean the 2nd video is edited to make him sound more like a moron.

"Yes, anyone can be caught off guard, but it happens almost all the time with this guy. While all Presidents use teleprompters, Obama NEEDS a teleprompter. The teleprompter even has it's own website and Twitter account. "

He is the president of the United States. You don't get that far in politics without being able to publicly speak and debate. All successful politicians are masters of BSing. Your idea that he "needs" a teleprompter is just that your idea.

But at any rate, this is off topic and if we are not careful Brent is going to send us dirty PMs about goats and call us names. He might even move to have us banned.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 04-25-09 at 07:04 AM.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post

You mean the 2nd video is edited to make him sound more like a moron.