Thread: opinions needed

opinions needed

do you think the price of vehicles will go down as the economy gets worse. do you think i would be wise to try to hold out for a few more months in anticipation that the economy gets worse and prices of vehicles go down even further?
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    do you think the price of vehicles will go down as the economy gets worse. do you think i would be wise to try to hold out for a few more months in anticipation that the economy gets worse and prices of vehicles go down even further?
    Are you talking about that truck you are looking at purchasing? The trucks in general are bringing good money at the sale right now (at least in the south)
    Not the best time to get a GREAT deal on one. With that said the market in general is good for buying.
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    I watch Barrette and Mecum auto auctions and the price of classic cars have jumped up quit a bit. That being said, I wouldn’t even think of buying a new car from a company that has the potential of going bankrupt right now.

I know the feds probably won’t let them go out of business but I am growing increasingly weary of anything the federal government gets involved in.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Are you talking about that truck you are looking at purchasing? The trucks in general are bringing good money at the sale right now (at least in the south)
    Not the best time to get a GREAT deal on one. With that said the market in general is good for buying.
    there are two specific trucks i have my eye on (which one of them is the one i posted). i just kinda feel like that as the economy gets further down the blackhole that the deals will get better. the dealerships i am working with are selling damn near at wholesale so i don't know if they can go lower even if/when the economy gets worse.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

there are two specific trucks i have my eye on (which one of them is the one i posted). i just kinda feel like that as the economy gets further down the blackhole that the deals will get better. the dealerships i am working with are selling damn near at wholesale so i don't know if they can go lower even if/when the economy gets worse.
    Buying a auto is always a, I should of, could of, would of.
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

Advanced Member
    Keep your cash in your coffee can my friend. This economy is going to fall flat on its face right soon. The latest rally in the market was just from people buying while the stocks were low. When real (Not Hyped) data comes out they will implode again. Car prices will be real low then but we will be trading the dollars for something else if you get my drift.

August-Sept is when they will make the change from what I hear.

you should watch how it sucks fuel.. we all know gas is going back up at some point.

Fuel economy would be the 1st thing I'd look at right now if I had to buy another vehicle besides safety of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Buying a auto is always a, I should of, could of, would of.

i can definitely relate and i have not even bought anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonb31 View Post
    Keep your cash in your coffee can my friend. This economy is going to fall flat on its face right soon. The latest rally in the market was just from people buying while the stocks were low. When real (Not Hyped) data comes out they will implode again. Car prices will be real low then but we will be trading the dollars for something else if you get my drift.

August-Sept is when they will make the change from what I hear.
    that is when i was thinking of making the purchase if i hold off, was fall. i heard that is when things will be really out of hand and that car dealers would give cars/trucks away just to move their stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    you should watch how it sucks fuel.. we all know gas is going back up at some point.

Fuel economy would be the 1st thing I'd look at right now if I had to buy another vehicle besides safety of course.
    well fuel is a thought of mine but i am not too concerned about it. i think it will go up but not to $4/gal like it was. although the 5.7 hemi, i heard, is the worse as far as chevy and fords V8's go.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

well fuel is a thought of mine but i am not too concerned about it. i think it will go up but not to $4/gal like it was. although the 5.7 hemi, i heard, is the worse as far as chevy and fords V8's go.
    If you don't think gas will hit 4$/gal in the next 5 years then I have a bridge I'll sell you. its happening everywhere where people see gas go down so they start buying gas guzzlers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    If you don't think gas will hit 4$/gal in the next 5 years then I have a bridge I'll sell you. its happening everywhere where people see gas go down so they start buying gas guzzlers again.
    granted it may go back to $4 within 5 years. on the flip side, my salary will go up considerably in the next 5 years as well. i could handle if it went to $4 in the next 5 months, although i don't want it to and it may/will put a strain on my bank account, i will/can manage. i have always "settled" to make sure everybody around me has what they want/need. it is now my turn to enjoy the fruits of my labor. i have thought, just because i can, should i? the answer may very well be no, but in compromise i stopped the 24,000 loan and reduced it to around the 17,000 area. i am really trying to stay under 17, but we will see.

edit: btw, if i don't buy this truck, how am i gonna tow the bridge?
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Price of a "Plaet Killer" is still a planet killer(c)