Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9 weeks no cigarettes but..............

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I know. Someone mentioned the gymn.
    Come on down to Ross's Gym. I'll give ya a few good work outs.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    come on down to ross's gym. I'll give ya a few good work outs.
    :d:d

I started sprint walking two days ago. My body HURTSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I went over my hour time frame - 1.75 hrs. I did not even realize it. I was just absorbing the sunshine. It was a perfect day for walking.

I picked this up and it works like a charm!

massage matt

Hang in there Deb, you're doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by OSULLY View Post
    Hang in there Deb, you're doing great.
    Thanks Sully...........I can't give up this time.

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Come on down to Ross's Gym. I'll give ya a few good work outs.

Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    Wot Chu Laffin at Boi??????????

Ok....today is my 3 month anniversary. We had a health fair at work and I signed up for the NY Health and Racquet Club because we get discounts on membership. They have so many locations, but the one I will be going to is only two blocks from my job.

I'm hoping this will help with the tension that I am feeling from not smoking.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Congratulations Debbie, you can beat it! To be perfectly honest Iíd rather have a woman who is a little thick who could screw my brains out then have a thin ass woman who was hacking up a lung every time we got busy. Donít concentrate on the weight so much.

I did quit a while back, I found that Nintendo and toothpicks helped me keep my hands busy for awhile. Unfortunately I did start back after ten months. I still could kick myself in the ass for starting back. For whatever reason it was a lame excuse.

Of course the doctors told me to quit again. They also said to reduce the heat and stress. I live near New Orleans and I have an active, not hyperactive, five year old son. Like either of those two options are viable. Yeah right.

Debbie there is no doubt in my mind that you can beat the addiction. Just do us a favor and mind your heart too.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Congratulations Debbie, you can beat it! To be perfectly honest Iíd rather have a woman who is a little thick who could screw my brains out then have a thin ass woman who was hacking up a lung every time we got busy. Donít concentrate on the weight so much.

I did quit a while back, I found that Nintendo and toothpicks helped me keep my hands busy for awhile. Unfortunately I did start back after ten months. I still could kick myself in the ass for starting back. For whatever reason it was a lame excuse.

Of course the doctors told me to quit again. They also said to reduce the heat and stress. I live near New Orleans and I have an active, not hyperactive, five year old son. Like either of those two options are viable. Yeah right.

Debbie there is no doubt in my mind that you can beat the addiction. Just do us a favor and mind your heart too.
    Thanks RE. I'll be ok. I have to get a regular routine going for a number of reasons:
    1 - high cholesterol -- I cannot take statin drugs. I do not enjoy niacin at night either. I hate that stuff.

2 - borderline high blood sugar -- watching my starch intake and exercise will stabilize my blood sugar and I will not be as hungry.

3 - I need to get some weight off. Oh don't worry, I never was a toothpick and I refuse to be one too. But, I do need to get some of the weight off because my blood pressure is slighly elevated. It is from the weight. I am only 5 feet tall and could handle only so much.

All in all, it is good for my heart.

Smithfield, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
    Debbie, my Dad gave them up, added about 10kgs and then took up Golf and the Gym and now Mum has joined him too in the Gym.

Good for you giving the Cigs up
    Main Computer:
    GA97X G3
    i7 4790K
    GTX960
    32gb Ram
    1TB Samsung 860 SSD
    NZXT Case

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdaw View Post
    Debbie, my Dad gave them up, added about 10kgs and then took up Golf and the Gym and now Mum has joined him too in the Gym.

Good for you giving the Cigs up
    Thanks Ash. I like the program that I signed up for. At least with this one, all of the classes are included in the membership. They have many classes for cardio, strength training, pool workouts, mind/body (tai chi, yoga, karate etc.)and even dance classes. It'll be fun.

I have to stick to it this time around.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    ...I have to stick to it this time around...
    Stick to it. Iím deadset in my mind that if you ever come down here Iíll get you a ride on the back of a Harley.

Start smoking again and all bets are off.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Deb, I quit back in September 2008, after smoking for 24 years. If I can do it, you can too. (Chantix rules, BTW.)

Every once in a while I get the temptation, like maybe once a month, and I just think about how well I've done. I won't have something control my life - I control my life. You're strong-willed too, I know you can beat this.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Stick to it. Iím deadset in my mind that if you ever come down here Iíll get you a ride on the back of a Harley.

Start smoking again and all bets are off.
    Wooooooooooohoooooooooooo

:::::doing the happy dance:::::::::::

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    Deb, I quit back in September 2008, after smoking for 24 years. If I can do it, you can too. (Chantix rules, BTW.)

Every once in a while I get the temptation, like maybe once a month, and I just think about how well I've done. I won't have something control my life - I control my life. You're strong-willed too, I know you can beat this.
    There are other things that I am looking at, more now then ever before. Fear was the factor that helped me quit cold turkey.

debbie, can I call you debbie? I am a smoker, but i'm a really nice guy. Have lots of non smoker friends, and when i'm around them, I don't smoke. Abstain, for 16 hours sometimes, no skin of my back, in the end. Don't get the cold sweat's. It's all will power. There is no end to justify a means.

I still go to bars in winter, and have more fun at the bar than going outside to "smoke"= "not be at the bar."

Haggis you are funny!!!

I am sore this morning. First time at the gym last night. Aerobics and weight training. All I can say is OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!

Tonight's agenda...soaking in a hot tub.

Well, I lost the current weight gain since I quit smoking. Now, to work on the rest.