Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9 weeks no cigarettes but..............

9 weeks no cigarettes but..............

I'm gaining weight!!!!!!!!!!!! Noooooooooo!

The past few weeks I find myself wanting to eat denser foods.

You look much younger then some of your recent photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    You look much younger then some of your recent photos.

Broke
    Awesome Deb.
    Sounds like your well on your way to beating the addiction.
    Wish I was ready to try

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Awesome Deb.
    Sounds like your well on your way to beating the addiction.
    Wish I was ready to try
    Problem is that I really don't want to gain any more weight. I am a chubby girl as it is. I don't need to expand any more than I have.

Initially, I started losing weight because I was eating a total vegan diet, but after 6 weeks, I found myself wanting to eat denser foods. I know I am definately going through some changes and that is probably why. I just ordered a brand new pair of good athletic shoes to do some sprint walking in. The ones I have are starting to get worn but, starting tonight, even though I have a lot of walking in my commute, I have to do an hour of straight sprint walking. I am going to try to do this after work every day. Now, if I watch how much of the dense food I eat, this walking program will help.

Chris, one morning, I was coughing so much when I got to work, I started to choke. That scared the living crap out of me. The next day, I quit. I don't cough anymore. If that did not happen, I probably would still be smoking right now. I curse the tobacco companies every time I get the urge to want to smoke.
    Last edited by Debbie; 04-07-09 at 08:51 AM.

Thought sure you were going to say you smoked a joint.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Congratulations Deb!

Heather and I are about to quit smoking as well. The cost and health issues alone are key factors. One of the things we've done is get a gym membership to alleviate weight gain, and reduce stress. We did this last time we quit. My main goal is to beat the 3 month relapse that always kicks in.

I wouldn't suggest doing a major diet change, like going vegan at this time too. Try keeping a food journal of what you eat. That should help you stay within your calorie range. Good luck

Good job Debbie gal!

My daughter in law struggled with the weight problem as well. The amazing power of nicotine...or lack of! Her body kept telling her she was hungry...and of course she was...but for the nicotine..not foods....which also kept her hands busy when eating. The trick for her was to keep her hands busy in times that she would normally grab a cigarette...and not replace them with foods.

March 21'st was my quit day...and its still a struggle. Now my blood pressure has dropped to 90/60..always some testy things I suppose. After two bouts with pneumonia....one in Oct/November, and the latest in Feb/March...ya think?

She has now returned to her normal weight btw, and has been smoke free for about 9 months...the adjustment to your body takes a long time! Be patient with yourself
    Mystical Folding Minx

Thanks

Cypher
    Counting calories is not my thing. I just have to cut the heavy fats and starches. I have to watch what I eat. I have other issues that I am dealing with. I have to give it my best shot.The walking program should help me.

I hate gyms. I don't have patience with the one close by. You have to wait too long on lines to use the equipment.

Hopefully, I can keep the gain minimal until my body stabilizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Thanks

Cypher
    Counting calories is not my thing. I just have to cut the heavy fats and starches. I have to watch what I eat. I have other issues that I am dealing with. I have to give it my best shot.The walking program should help me.

I hate gyms. I don't have patience with the one close by. You have to wait too long on lines to use the equipment.

Run back and forth to the fridge?

Good luck and hang in there. Try and get outside and become distracted. A brisk walk, a trip to a museum. Just keep busy.

you know, sex burns 400 calories a shot (no pun intended .... well, maybe a little)

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I put on 30 lbs since I quit 7 mo ago and still gaining
    Test Your Speed Here

Previously known as beaker1.

Thanks

Cypher

you don't need a gym. You need to walk and then eventually begin running. There are all kinds of exercises you can do with nothing but your own body.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    you don't need a gym. You need to walk and then eventually begin running. There are all kinds of exercises you can do with nothing but your own body.
    I know. Someone mentioned the gymn.

Quote Originally Posted by burple View Post
    I put on 30 lbs since I quit 7 mo ago and still gaining
    I cannot do that burple. Just the thought of 30 more pounds on what I already have have on my body freaks me out!!! I would end up getting sick.

I don't want to post in the gf that I had a heart attack. I know my body. I would not be able to handle much more than what I have on me now.

Damn.....I could use boot camp all over again

Don't worry about your weight. You can always send over to Caronia or Palermo for a husband who won't give a hoot about your weight, so long as you just dance w/ him once a week and twice on Sunday mornings.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

My friend just got a puppy. He has lost 15 pounds already. I think he's on to the new working diet system

Deb....one step at a time.

Congrads!!!! You are very very close to not getting the craving as much.

Stick with it. You can do it!!!!!!!!!
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.