Thread: Why can't we put mods on ignore?

Why can't we put mods on ignore?

As long as they are allowed to post their subjective opinions in threads in the same manner as regular members, their speech can be considered just as inflammatory and thus, considered for ignoring.

So why is the opinionated speech of a mod protected?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

I guess my question is why would you want too? In your reported post this morning you asked specifically for mods to contact you in pm if they wished to say something you preferred them to say in private. If they are on your ignore list then that would be impossible for them to do.

Blog Entries
    SG staff has to be able to communicate with members.

As for opinionated posting, you've done more than your fair share of that, there is no need to extend your judgment to mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post

As for opinionated posting, you've done more than your fair share of that, there is no need to extend your judgment to mods.
    But then how is he suppose to eliminate all others differing opinions that are so troublesome and time consuming to deal with.

Maybe its time SG stopped thinking about the greater good of all its members and focused only on UOD's best interests as he has our best interests at heart, even though we don't agree right now or understand it all.

[/Comic relief]

I completely agree with communication. Doesn't vB offer a hack or technical fix to allow all comms via PM's even though someone is on ignore?

Infractions can still be given correct?

I've done my fair share of opinionated posting as a regular member. I can also ignore other regular members.

Why are you offended by a premium subscriber asking you if a technical solution exists to place mods on ignore?

Why do mods have protected speech? I think it's a fair question Philip.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    I completely agree with communication. Doesn't vB offer a hack or technical fix to allow all comms via PM's even though someone is on ignore?

Infractions can still be given correct?

I've done my fair share of opinionated posting as a regular member. I can also ignore other regular members.

Why are you offended by a premium subscriber asking you if a technical solution exists to place mods on ignore?

Why do mods have protected speech? I think it's a fair question Philip.
    While you're right it is a fair question, it creates more work for me that I don't see as justified at this time.

I am not offended by the technical question, I'm sorry if I sound a bit irate. It is just a consequence of the perpetuation of flame wars and personal attacks lately where you participate, and I believe the main reason for that particular request.

While you're right it is a fair question, it creates more work for me that I don't see as justified at this time.

I am not offended by the technical question, I'm sorry if I sound a bit irate. It is just a consequence of the perpetuation of flame wars and personal attacks lately where you participate, and I believe the main reason for that particular request.

Flame wars are started by other members and mods.

I mean, look at your lovely member of the year, mnosteele (craig). He went clear out of his way to post a flame thread simply because I have him on ignore!!!!!!

I can't win here for losing lol!

I do as you ask. You wanted to micro-manage the membership, you didn't want a separate forum for politics, you didn't want me to respond to people so I put them on ignore....everything you wanted, you got because it's your site. I'm even contributing money to help you run it the way you want to run it.

I don't understand how you could be irate. this is exactly what you wanted.

and I'm not the one that's the problem here. I think you are thinking of the exchanges between sava700 and Roody. I don't take part in those yet they consume the forum with flames. Roody tells sava to stop crying, that he's full of it, that his argument is BS....so on and so on and so on. It's the same thing over and over and over.

What does that have to do with me? But because I stop it by coming straight to you because that's what you told me to do...now I get lumped in with the rest of the pack.

I put the troublemakers on ignore and now they are complaining in public about being ignored. What do you want me to do? Every single person I have on ignore makes a reply post LOADED with a personal attack....even when they are on ignore lol!!!!! they do this on almost every single thread I make. I refuse to respond to respond to them in order to alleviate the board of unecessary flames because nay response I give will be met with flames. I can cite plenty of examples if you need me to.

I have even replied "ok" in the past and it enraged the person lol. What else am I to do?

Now we're down to people like Roody who can't even comment on the content of my post but goes direct, in public, with a personal attack.

also, what flame wars and personal attacks have I been involved in?

Edited because Paft explained himself.
    Last edited by JawZ; 04-05-09 at 05:01 PM.

I mean, look at your lovely member of the year, mnosteele (craig). He went clear out of his way to post a flame thread simply because I have him on ignore!!!!!!

I can't win here for losing lol!

I do as you ask. You wanted to micro-manage the membership, you didn't want a separate forum for politics, you didn't want me to respond to people so I put them on ignore....everything you wanted, you got because it's your site. I'm even contributing money to help you run it the way you want to run it.

and I'm not the one that's the problem here. I think you are thinking of the exchanges between sava700 and Roody. I don't take part in those yet they consume the forum with flames. Roody tells sava to stop crying, that he's full of it, that his argument is BS....so on and so on and so on. It's the same thing over and over and over.

What does that have to do with me? But because I stop it by coming straight to you because that's what you told me to do...now I get lumped in with the rest of the pack.

I put the troublemakers on ignore and now they are complaining in public about being ignored. What do you want me to do? Every single person I have on ignore makes a reply post LOADED with a personal attack....even when they are on ignore lol!!!!! they do this on almost every single thread I make. I refuse to respond to respond to them in order to alleviate the board of unecessary flames because nay response I give will be met with flames. I can cite plenty of examples if you need me to.

I have even replied "ok" in the past and it enraged the person lol. What else am I to do?

Now we're down to people like Roody who can't even comment on the content of my post but goes direct, in public, with a personal attack.
    You just don't seem to get it. You accuse people of personal attacks, yet you take part in them yourself. You want to ignore PM's sent by mods, but in a reported post you tell us to PM you certain things. Which is it? You keep going back and forth and no one has a clue what it is you want. Philip is dead on with his remarks. You have little to no patience for people who disagree with you. Whether it's Jeremy, Debbie, mnosteele, YoS, myself or others. You accuse all of us to being blinded by the facts although in truth it's just that we sometimes dare to disagree with you. You keep acting like you are holier than thou, but you aren't. Sure I can be temperamental at times, but I clearly apologized to you for the poor choice of terms earlier. You however still have not apologized to me. As far as I am concerned you need to start looking in the mirror before judging others.

I can't believe you ask this question with a straight face. You have little problems throwing at names at others, but can't handle at all people saying something to you. In this quote below you call CD a whiner. You would have a heart attack if someone dared say the same thing to you.

TonyT has a very valid point Cable which you should not overlook.

Let me make it simple....stop being a whiner and be the ****ing HERO baby!!!

You deserve a raise/promotion. Make these petty problems into crises where you averted total catastrophe. Be the HERO. They don't value you because you make these problems small.

If you alter their perception of the problems, you will be uplifted to a status akin of God, guru, savior...miracle worker!!!!!!!!!

Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    You just don't seem to get it. You accuse people of personal attacks, yet you take part in them yourself. You want to ignore PM's sent by mods, but in a reported post you tell us to PM you certain things. Which is it? You keep going back and forth and no one has a clue what it is you want. Philip is dead on with his remarks. You have little to no patience for people who disagree with you. Whether it's Jeremy, Debbie, mnosteele, YoS, myself or others. You accuse all of us to being blinded by the facts although in truth it's just that we sometimes dare to disagree with you. You keep acting like you are holier than thou, but you aren't. Sure I can be temperamental at times, but I clearly apologized to you for the poor choice of terms earlier. You however still have not apologized to me. As far as I am concerned you need to start looking in the mirror before judging others.

I can't believe you ask this question with a straight face. You have little problems throwing at names at others, but can't handle at all people saying something to you. In this quote below you call CD a whiner. You would have a heart attack if someone dared say the same thing to you.

Sigh, where did I say that I wanted to ignore PM's by mods?

From above....quoted directly from my own post:

Doesn't vB offer a hack or technical fix to allow all comms via PM's even though someone is on ignore?

What I want is to be able to ignore you while allowing you to continue to PM me as it relates to your duties as a mod here on SG.

Why does that offend you so much Roody?

I don't enjoy having conversation with you because EVERY single time I have to explain what is clearly black and white and understandable.

Every single run in we've had has experienced the same results...you apologize because you misunderstood something. Your misunderstandings are not MY problem...you own your own shortcomings Roody.

What does Debbie have to do with this? I don't think I've had a single foul word with her. Why are you attempting to fluff this up...is it to reinforce your own position?

What flame wars have I started since my 1 and only infraction which downhill gave me?

I can point to several you have been involved in with sava700.

shall we compare?

I simply don't have the time or energy to focus on you Roody. Sorry.

Sigh, where did I say that I wanted to ignore PM's by mods?

From above....quoted directly from my own post:

What I want is to be able to ignore you while allowing you to continue to PM me as it relates to your duties as a mod here on SG.

Why does that offend you so much Roody?

I don't enjoy having conversation with you because EVERY single time I have to explain what is clearly black and white and understandable.

Every single run in we've had has experienced the same results...you apologize because you misunderstood something. Your misunderstandings are not MY problem...you own your own shortcomings Roody.

What does Debbie have to do with this? I don't think I've had a single foul word with her. Why are you attempting to fluff this up...is it to reinforce your own position?

What flame wars have I started since my 1 and only infraction which downhill gave me?

I can point to several you have been involved in with sava700.

shall we compare?

I simply don't have the time or energy to focus on you Roody. Sorry.
    Evan you are simply one of the most arrogant members this site has seen since Izzo. Your holier than thou routine is boorish. Again simply put you are a hypocrite. You whine when people dare say something rough to you, but then do the very same thing to others. When they disagree with you you accuse them of apathy.

I have little problems comparing anything like that with you. I have no such problems apologizing to you when I know I used a wrong term. You however simply insist on being right and refusing to apologize. As for what Debbie, YoS, mnosteele, pretty much the whole staff, jeremy and I have to do with this it's pretty simple. We all know you pull this routine. The very things you are being accused of regarding hypocrisy and an inability to handle an opposing views are 100% accurate.

As for PM's like Philip said what's the point? You aren't ignoring people even when they are on ignore so why should he go to the trouble to accomodate you when you are stirring up as much trouble as anyone on here.

Btw, feel free to have the last word. I recognize I am spinning my wheels with you and in all likelihood you will continue to concede nothing. You make it impossible to debate with you because no one likes to get accused of the things you accuse people of, yet hear you rail on crying injustice when someone accuses you of something. Your actions irritate the living crap out of me and simply put because I am so annoyed with you I find it best to not even bother with you for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Evan you are simply one of the most arrogant members this site has seen since Izzo. Your holier than thou routine is boorish. Again simply put you are a hypocrite. You whine when people dare say something rough to you, but then do the very same thing to others. When they disagree with you you accuse them of apathy.

I have little problems comparing anything like that with you. I have no such problems apologizing to you when I know I used a wrong term. You however simply insist on being right and refusing to apologize. As for what Debbie, YoS, mnosteele, pretty much the whole staff, jeremy and I have to do with this it's pretty simple. We all know you pull this routine. The very things you are being accused of regarding hypocrisy and an inability to handle an opposing views are 100% accurate.

As for PM's like Philip said what's the point? You aren't ignoring people even when they are on ignore so why should he go to the trouble to accomodate you when you are stirring up as much trouble as anyone on here.

Btw, feel free to have the last word. I recognize I am spinning my wheels with you and in all likelihood you will continue to concede nothing. You make it impossible to debate with you because no one likes to get accused of the things you accuse people of, yet hear you rail on crying injustice when someone accuses you of something. Your actions irritate the living crap out of me and simply put because I am so annoyed with you I find it best to not even bother with you for now.

thanks for allowing me to have the floor.

No you have it all backwards as usual.

You see, this all started because people want to argue and bring flames and then when I respond, it hurts their fragile feelings. So Philip asked me to stop. Now I just let you dig your own graves by allowing you to go off on a flame rant first...then I respond and then follow up with the procedure that Philip told me to do...bring it to the mods attention. You have actually thanked me for doing this when it related to "other" members. But now that it involves you....you take to the other side.

If Philip will allow me to respond in kind, I won't need to go to the mods but he won't allow me because it will be you that complains to him...all because I say mean nasty things to grown men.

and here you are, throwing out insult after insult. So now I'm boorish, arrogant, a hypocrite....all because that is EXACTLY what I've been asked to do by your BOSS here...Philip.

also, it is impossible to debate me because I'm not out there posting threads ASKING FOR A DEBATE ROODY!!!!!!!!!

You have this perception that I'm looking for an argument....DON'T RESPOND!!!! I'm giving out info....it's that's too much for you to handle, maybe you should not be a mod here on SG.

Why would I tell people repeatedly to put me on ignore if I wanted to argue? and yet all they do is continue to post in the threads that torture them so much LOL??????

At some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

the single best way to diminish me is to ignore me. I've said that several times as well.

Again, I don't know what compelled you to enter into a benign thred and make the first reply an attack on my person. You still haven't answered that and that's all that really matters.

I like how he twists everything to make him seem like the victim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ
    Everyone is responsible for their own posts, regardless of who initiates it.

He has been voted a member of the year for his help in the tecnhical forums, I see no need to question that. Putting others on ignore can be a statement on its own.

Premium membership helps the site, is completely voluntary. It does not entitle members to different treatment.

I have not targeted you per se with that statement. However, you do participate in perpetuating arguments, as evident from this thread as well.

Noone is perfect. Yet respect for others' opinions is lacking and destructive to the general mood, it costs members and creates more problems.

The SG forums are a community, respect for "the pack" and others' opinions/feelings in general goes a long way.

I agree putting people on ignore is a much better action than perpetuating flames and responding to personal attacks in turn.

A personal attack on Roody's comprehension of your posts ?

We can go back and forth disecting posts for days, I'm sure. Still, I don't see it as having any benefit to the community.

By definition the forums are for discussion, they should facilitete posting of different opinions. Passing judgement to others is disruptive and discouraging posting/replying does not facilitate discussion.

I believe we should take this to PMs if you feel the need to discuss it further.