Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Ok guys.. we need some tag control!

  1. #1
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052

    Ok guys.. we need some tag control!

    I was doing a search and noticed this down at the bottom. Most of the tags don't make a lick of sense and if this isn't a wake up call I don't know what is.


  2. #2
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,988
    A wake up call from what? Its been this way sense day one.

  3. #3
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    A wake up call from what? Its been this way sense day one.
    We are on a Broadband site..a hardware/software site.

    I have no damn clue what "Violent Cat Sex" has to do with any of that. The tags can be removed,changed or edited by every Mod here just as easy as text in every single thread or post is made. I think its time they are policed in a manner to avoid crap like that.

    I mean come on..if you want to argue that your likely the one that has fueled this fire and are protecting your "Violent Cat Sex" desires or dreams.

    Prime Example: Since you've posted here is what is in the tags

    child actors guild, cloud, tag, tarzan make snuggie
    Now I put in "Cloud and Tag" cause thats what we are talking about here.. but wth does child actors guild and tarzan make snuggie have to do with anything. Thats just stupid!

  4. #4
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,988
    Ya I added those.

    Tagging has been this way sense Philip put them in, its fun.

    Violent cat sex wasnt mine, maybe brembo or mad doc, I tend to go more food random.

  5. #5
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,898
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    A wake up call from what? Its been this way sense day one.
    sense day one?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  6. #6
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Ya I added those.

    Tagging has been this way sense Philip put them in, its fun.

    Violent cat sex wasnt mine, maybe brembo or mad doc, I tend to go more food random.
    But your missing the point of me bringing this up.... I tell ya a few of those are offensive.. the "violent cat sex" one is a prime example of being offensive to maybe not me but many others that visit the site. I think its a major turn off to a broadband,software,hardware site. Its a simple solution and that's to mod the tags in each thread..they are located right at the bottom and mods/admins have access to delete them, edit them, or add their own if need be.

  7. #7
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,988
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    sense day one?
    FF Spellcheck is telling me thats what I want, sinse is what I typed, was I closer? lol

  8. #8
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    But your missing the point of me bringing this up.... I tell ya a few of those are offensive.. the "violent cat sex" one is a prime example of being offensive to maybe not me but many others that visit the site. I think its a major turn off to a broadband,software,hardware site. Its a simple solution and that's to mod the tags in each thread..they are located right at the bottom and mods/admins have access to delete them, edit them, or add their own if need be.
    Nothing seems beyond PG13 to me. Modding tags on this site, or any other with equal or greater traffic would be a PITA.

    I'm not missing your point, I just don't think its a big issue or know why you waited so long to complain.

  9. #9
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Coming from a staff perspective this was something we never really monitored. Ironically though after seeing some of the listed tags it did come to the staffs attention more. It's still something that is easy to miss, but we will be looking to monitor those a little more closely. Naturally using tags that actually have something to do with the topic allows for easier search results.

  10. #10
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Nothing seems beyond PG13 to me. Modding tags on this site, or any other with equal or greater traffic would be a PITA.

    I'm not missing your point, I just don't think its a big issue or know why you waited so long to complain.
    I said something about them once before several weeks ago but can't remember when or what thread I said it in.

    I enjoy the site for its purpose... even you help some in the other sections so I think its time we monitored the tags..and not just the mods/admins I say we cause its all of us that make the site what it is...and I don't agree one bit with thinking its ok to put tags in like "violent cat sex" regardless what the topic is. There needs to be some sort of control and I'd hope I'm not the only one that thinks this either.

  11. #11
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I said something about them once before several weeks ago but can't remember when or what thread I said it in.

    I enjoy the site for its purpose... even you help some in the other sections so I think its time we monitored the tags..and not just the mods/admins I say we cause its all of us that make the site what it is...and I don't agree one bit with thinking its ok to put tags in like "violent cat sex" regardless what the topic is. There needs to be some sort of control and I'd hope I'm not the only one that thinks this either.
    If you see something Sava just report the problem and we will look into it. Naturally this is the case for any member.

  12. #12
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,988
    So if there was a news article about a guy who voilently assaulted a cat, it wouldn't be ok then?

  13. #13
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    So if there was a news article about a guy who voilently assaulted a cat, it wouldn't be ok then?
    If the dude sexually assaulted the cat then yeah it would be fine.

  14. #14
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    If you see something Sava just report the problem and we will look into it. Naturally this is the case for any member.
    sure..I usually do but I just did a search and boom...there is this cloud from who knows where they all came from. I guess this thread is my way of reporting the BIG problem

  15. #15
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    So if there was a news article about a guy who voilently assaulted a cat, it wouldn't be ok then?

  16. #16
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    sure..I usually do but I just did a search and boom...there is this cloud from who knows where they all came from. I guess this thread is my way of reporting the BIG problem
    I can honestly say I don't recall to many Reported posts regarding tags. That said anything specific you can find would be appreciated. Once I have access to my home pc tomorrow (I am having Comcast put in tomorrow at my new place) I will be back up and running regarding reported posts.

  17. #17
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    I can honestly say I don't recall to many Reported posts regarding tags. That said anything specific you can find would be appreciated. Once I have access to my home pc tomorrow (I am having Comcast put in tomorrow at my new place) I will be back up and running regarding reported posts.
    I do believe there is a way to delete the current tag cloud to start over... cause obviously this is something we need now. I've contacted vB about having some way to track who puts what tags up on threads for a future update along with jaws suggestion a while back about being about to ignore quotes of others you ignore that others post up.

  18. #18
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I do believe there is a way to delete the current tag cloud to start over... cause obviously this is something we need now. I've contacted vB about having some way to track who puts what tags up on threads for a future update along with jaws suggestion a while back about being about to ignore quotes of others you ignore that others post up.
    If you don't mind drop me a PM with what you hear from vB.

  19. #19
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    If you don't mind drop me a PM with what you hear from vB.
    well its not big secret..at first they said take a look at .org for hacks on it..but I replied back about integrating it into a future upgrade vs adjusting code I have to keep up with when doing upgrades on templates.....I really hate that.

    So far no other reply so they are either thinking about it or blew me off... *shrugs*

  20. #20
    NYC Newbie Slayer Prey521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Humble, Tx
    Posts
    34,934
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    So if there was a news article about a guy who voilently assaulted a cat, it wouldn't be ok then?
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

    "Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"


Similar Threads

  1. Top 10 All Time NHL Tough Guys.
    By minir in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-05-12, 12:55 AM
  2. How do you guys deal with jealousy?
    By Broadsword in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-02-08, 04:30 PM
  3. Updated Vista drivers
    By Sava700 in forum Software Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-06-08, 08:26 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-07, 12:28 PM
  5. Hitachi: Control Devices With Your Thoughts
    By Brent in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-07, 03:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •