Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $140 electric

$140 electric

Last month alone

How does this compare to your household?

Just me and I'm cold-blooded. I can live happily in frost temperatures inside.

Gas water heater and wall-mount heater panels.

2x 65 watt aquarium lights.
    200 watt heater

100 watt ceramic heater for leopard gecko.
    25 watt under-tank heater.

200 watts of heating for Bosco the red-eared slider in the work shed.

Adds up, damn

Shoot I wish my bill was that cheap. We closed on our new place so I expect my monthly bills to go down quite a bit, but the house we rented from the school I work at was a killer on a utility bill. I rarely go below $300 for water, electric and garbage and more often then not I am in the 400's.

Of course in 2 weeks we will be officially living in the house we bought where the whole house is far more enery efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Shoot I wish my bill was that cheap. We closed on our new place so I expect my monthly bills to go down quite a bit, but the house we rented from the school I work at was a killer on a utility bill. I rarely go below $300 for water, electric and garbage and more often then not I am in the 400's.

Of course in 2 weeks we will be officially living in the house we bought where the whole house is far more enery efficient.
    Well this is $140 for me, 1 person 5 dogs 2 parrots 2 reptiles, electric alone (covers water too in the sense I have a well and have to pump/charge all my water).

I'm on one of those budget plans with my provider where I pay the same amount per month and at the end of the yr, I'm either owed money back or I owe them. Right now I'm paying $220 per month. Before the plan, our bimonthly gas/electric bill was around $450 in the summer and closer to $600 in the cold winters. Last year they owed me a little over $100, so I just applied it to my following bill.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    I'm on one of those budget plans with my provider where I pay the same amount per month and at the end of the yr, I'm either owed money back or I owe them. Right now I'm paying $220 per month. Before the plan, our bimonthly gas/electric bill was around $450 in the summer and closer to $600 in the cold winters. Last year they owed me a little over $100, so I just applied it to my following bill.
    Cripes.

How many people?

3 here and our bill is usually 110-135 a month.

Are your stoves, ovens, laundry machines electric? Electric heaters of most sorts, make that meter spin like a top on steroids!

I have an all electric home...there is no natural gas in this part of the country..I do not use electric heaters however, but a woodburner for heating and cooking as well in the winter months for several dishes.

My bill of course went up, as I kept adding folding machines, most with dual cores, running 24/7. It's running about ten dollars more than yours as if right now. It actually runs more in the summer time, when I have to turn the swamp cooler on. That chews it up pretty well too!
    Mystical Folding Minx

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Cripes.

How many people?
    My wife and I with our 2 daughters and 2 massive dogs. House is pretty big, 3000 sq ft with 5 zones. To me, our utility bill is pretty light weight in comparison to others I've heard of for smaller homes.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by MissTynker2 View Post
    Are your stoves, ovens, laundry machines electric? Electric heaters of most sorts, make that meter spin like a top on steroids!

I have an all electric home...there is no natural gas in this part of the country..I do not use electric heaters however, but a woodburner for heating and cooking as well in the winter months for several dishes.

My bill of course went up, as I kept adding folding machines, most with dual cores, running 24/7. It's running about ten dollars more than yours as if right now. It actually runs more in the summer time, when I have to turn the swamp cooler on. That chews it up pretty well too!
    All electric short of the gas water heater and 2x wall panels.

Close to 1000 watts 24/7 just for the critters.

$365 a month on the equal payment plan with PSE&G

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

We often use electric room heaters rather than turning up the gas furnace. I just logged onto my utility providers site and my bill for January and February, which were extremely cold months here $634 for both gas and electric. I was expecting it to be worse.

i wish mine was $140, my bill last month was $205, 2 bedroom apartment
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    i wish mine was $140, my bill last month was $205, 2 bedroom apartment
    Gas and electric or just electric?

Wow, after reading some of these I will quite complaining about my bills.

Power was 178.19 for last month, and gas was 141.31. It was a fairly cold month so by comparison not too bad.

Has anyone looked at their cost per KW?

They list the cost of the power at .087 /KW but when you add in the cost of getting it to my door the real price is .17 /KW.

I use around 1000 KW a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Gas and electric or just electric?
    just electric, but we've had a cold winter, i had to turn the heaters on, and they eat up a lot of electricity, plus i run several computers 24/7
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

I guess I'm bored with nothing better to do. lol

Here's my usage history billed and rated bimonthly, so just cut the #'s in half for the monthly #'s. Summer months my usage drops then the damn cold hits the Hudson Valley and up it goes. I'm going to have to raise my monthly budget payment especially since now I remember that they only owed me last year due to a billing problem earlier in the year. $300 a month should keep me safe for the yr.

Last edited by Prey521; 03-23-09 at 12:36 AM.

I only pay $100~120 for both gas/electric. Doesn't get hot or cold enough to die here so I never turned on ac or a heater.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    We're usually in the 320-360 per month range.
    Oil heat too, not electric.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I'm friggin **** about saving electric in this place and I still used 1008 kilowatt hours at $136. We just had a rate increase, so we'll be about 13 cents per Kilowatt hour soon.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

it vary's for me.. can be as low as 60$/month but I think this month it was 93$

It swings up near 150$ at times during the summer months when I run the AC but that's about it.