Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If AIG execs want their bonuses, let them receive it before Congress, live on TV

Quote Originally Posted by WhoNut View Post
    Corporate compensation packages rely heavily on bonus payouts, not always tied to company performance. The lump sum payment is a way of deferring salary in a great many cases. Though not on the same scale, my standard of living is reliant on this year end check.

Those calling for their cancellation, should also be for sharply reducing benefits and pay to Union employees of aided companies.

Another example - should these companies also not contribute to their employees 401k plan now? After all, it's just "bonus" money, right?

Are "the people" responsible for rescuing poor performing businesses?

If a business/corporation failed without government intervention, who would pay the bonuses then?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    Are "the people" responsible for rescuing poor performing businesses?

If a business/corporation failed without government intervention, who would pay the bonuses then?
    So your problem is with the bailout, which is a reasonable debate. I'll leave that to the economic professors.
    When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands at your head, or the trigger of your gun?

BAILOUT ?

how come those co's getting the bailout $ haven't offered to help all the people losing their homes ?

**** those co's,let 'em fail ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    how come those co's getting the bailout $ haven't offered to help all the people losing their homes ?
    Because it's about making/taking money... not giving money away.

The one who dies with the most, wins!!!!!!

*looks down at limp 2" and sighs*
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Senate Banking committee Chairman Christopher Dodd told CNN Wednesday that he was responsible for language added to the federal stimulus bill to make sure that already-existing contracts for bonuses at companies receiving federal bailout money were honored.
    What took dodd so long to voice up?

The administration pushed for the language
    So.... the government doesn't know what the government is doing because the left hand of the government doesn't talk to the right hand of the government? Who in the hell in government missed the BONUS clause in the legislation?

Business as usual, politics as usual.

*Goes back to being a sheep in a flock of sheep*
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    What took dodd so long to voice up?

So.... the government doesn't know what the government is doing because the left hand of the government doesn't talk to the right hand of the government? Who in the hell in government missed the BONUS clause in the legislation?

Business as usual, politics as usual.

*Goes back to being a sheep in a flock of sheep*
    The administration knew very well about these bonuses....now they're reacting with anger and disgust as if this is new news to them.

They've been caught red handed and there's no denying that all this "outrage" is bad acting.

The only "Change" I see is that he's darker than the most of the other crooks in Washington
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

MD.....

It looks like everyone in Washington missed the bonus clause... including the staff of the President.

The President is against the bonuses. Dodd ((who works for the people) and answers to the President)) put the clause into the legislation.

MD.....

It looks like everyone in Washington missed the bonus clause... including the staff of the President.

The President is against the bonuses. Dodd ((who works for the people) and answers to the President)) put the clause into the legislation.

I want to see how many people actually buy that one.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    The only "Change" I see is that he's skinnier than the most of the other crooks in Washington
    Fixed for political correctness.

I want to see how many sheep actually buy that one.
    Fixed for truth.

To answer your question... many, but nothing will happen. The sun will still come up tomorrow and politics will enjoy another day.

*I need to run for office to get my place at the pork table*

that is not the pork table my friend, that is THE gravy train and they are riding at full steam and on biscuit wheels.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

Hold the phone............... the wife is trying to get me drunk!!!!

I'll see you all tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed for truth.

To answer your question... many, but nothing will happen. The sun will still come up tomorrow and politics will enjoy another day.

The way he's going there WILL be CHANGE in November 2012.

I don't trust a single politician at this point. I HONESTLY hope the next 4 years aren't going to make Bush look like a good guy.

Report: Dodd admits inserting loophole in stimulus for bonuses

Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) just admitted on CNN that he inserted a loophole in the stimulus legislation that allowed million-dollar bonuses to insurance giant AIG to go forward after previously denying any involvement in writing the controversial provision...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/30833
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

I'm shaking my head and asking myself, "Do we really want to wait that long?"
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

WASHINGTON (AP) - At least 13 firms receiving billions of dollars in bailout money owe a total of more than $220 million in unpaid federal taxes, a key lawmaker said Thursday.

Rep. John Lewis, chairman of a House subcommittee overseeing the federal bailout, said two firms owe more than $100 million apiece.

"This is shameful. It is a disgrace," said Lewis, D-Ga. "We are going to get to the bottom of what is going on here."
    Riiiiight.......

Riiiiight.......

There is no bottom, the problem sits right at the top....Timothy Geithner.

The bankers are wrecking our country.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Perhaps... but I'm betting it will be new players... same game.
    Last edited by MadDoctor; 03-19-09 at 09:06 PM.