Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry GM, I won't support you any longer

Sorry GM, I won't support you any longer

http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/05/news..._10K/index.htm

Enough is enough already.

It's amazing how much power the bankers have.

Even if we give them more money, Americans won't be able to buy their vehicles once super-inflation takes hold.

I've never witnessed so much insanity in my entire life.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

They should have been made to go bankrupt a long time ago.. now we just gave them alot of money we will never see paid back.

GM did make their own bed and have been for the last 20 years imho.

That said, I'd hate to just see them go under. Personally I think given some good leadership, they could pull it off.

Superinflation? While true, that having to low an interest rate and lots of dollars floating around, you also need to have a huge consumer base to fuel it.

That' part is the problem. Who's buying anything? Projected figures for the GDP are pretty dismal right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    They should have been made to go bankrupt a long time ago.. now we just gave them alot of money we will never see paid back.
    It was severance. It gave the workers time to go find other jobs.

We spend more in a month in Iraq and have been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    It was severance. It gave the workers time to go find other jobs.
    what other jobs? lol I haven't see where the amount of jobs made has exceeded the amount lost in a month yet.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    GM did make their own bed and have been for the last 20 years imho.

That said, I'd hate to just see them go under. Personally I think given some good leadership, they could pull it off.

Superinflation? While true, that having to low an interest rate and lots of dollars floating around, you also need to have a huge consumer base to fuel it.

That' part is the problem. Who's buying anything? Projected figures for the GDP are pretty dismal right now.
    Well, we can't keep pumping imaginary money into a collapsing economy. All of this newly printed money has no value because there is nothing of value backing it.

We spend more in a month in Iraq and have been for a long time.
    I agree with you and we should be takin their oil and paying for it... but iraq really isn't the discussion. As for GM well none of the auto makers should have gotten money period. I can't wait to see GM go bankrupt and dump all the fat around their waist.

Well, we can't keep pumping imaginary money into a collapsing economy. All of this newly printed money has no value because there is nothing of value backing it.
    I don't disagree with that. I've been saying for a long time that our ecomomy was imaginary for the last 20 years.

While there is some merit to a service based economy, meaning that it's real, there was no merit to the banking, real estate and insurance bubble.

Strong economies are based on industry and research/knowledge.

We are flunking.. but I think that can be turned around.

I agree with you and we should be takin their oil and paying for it... but iraq really isn't the discussion. As for GM well none of the auto makers should have gotten money period. I can't wait to see GM go bankrupt and dump all the fat around their waist.
    Loosing industry in this country isn't something we can afford to do.

Oil WAS supposed to pay for the war and is but not nearly enough.

The problem there was Rumsfield being to inflexible. An argument that in the past you disagreed with.

what other jobs? lol I haven't see where the amount of jobs made has exceeded the amount lost in a month yet.
    I can't help it if people like yourself are complete idiots. All you have to do is get up off your lazy ass and do a little research. There ARE jobs out there. In fact, there are some really good opportunities out there to CREATE jobs. all you have to do is look.

I can't help it if people like yourself are complete idiots. All you have to do is get up off your lazy ass and do a little research. There ARE jobs out there. In fact, there are some really good opportunities out there to CREATE jobs. all you have to do is look.
    Without doing the research I've not seen the numbers go the other way according to the mainstream news. I've been on the laid off side of things and know how hard it is.. the General Help ads for example in the local paper went from a half page to nearly nothing as of now.. sure not all of them will be advertised but its still a sign of which way the numbers go.

I don't disagree with that. I've been saying for a long time that our ecomomy was imaginary for the last 20 years.

While there is some merit to a service based economy, meaning that it's real, there was no merit to the banking, real estate and insurance bubble.

Strong economies are based on industry and research/knowledge.

We are flunking.. but I think that can be turned around.

Here's an interesting fact....our production capacity has not decreased during this crisis. That's how we know that this is all a criminal action by the bankers to loot the American wallet.

the big corporations and banking firms are gobbling up huge chunks of stock while driving out the common man/private investor.

Without doing the research I've not seen the numbers go the other way according to the mainstream news. I've been on the laid off side of things and know how hard it is.. the General Help ads for example in the local paper went from a half page to nearly nothing as of now.. sure not all of them will be advertised but its still a sign of which way the numbers go.

Help ads don't show small business opportunities.

Here's an interesting fact....our production capacity has not decreased during this crisis. That's how we know that this is all a criminal action by the bankers to loot the American wallet.

the big corporations and banking firms are gobbling up huge chunks of stock while driving out the common man/private investor.
    I don't doubt that either. Can you imagine the fortunes to be made in true value stocks?

I took a large protion of a cd I had and bought long term stock. I mean....they are at what? 1992 value now?

What could you do if you really did have a lot of money? Stocks are a great tax haven for the rich.

Blog Entries
    If people are will to accept it for the work they perform and stores accept it in trade for items and services, then it has value....

But, yes, hyperinflation is a serious concern.

By the way, you mentioned job opportunities readily available. OK, here is your chance to make some money. Point all those folks standing in long lines to these jobs and business opportunities that are about. I have some empiricisms regarding said subject. Hard to start a business without a bank loan.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Help ads don't show small business opportunities.
    The rising rates on business loans, and stricter rules for obtaining loans, and the reeling in of credit lines to such things as wholesale channels..aren't helping small business either. And then there's taxes on the biz....oh what's on the horizon here.

Look at shop/office windows as you drive around town..small businesses are closing their doors.

I can't remember the last time I did a server/network install for a new start up biz.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    If people are will to accept it for the work they perform and stores accept it in trade for items and services, then it has value....

But, yes, hyperinflation is a serious concern.

By the way, you mentioned job opportunities readily available. OK, here is your chance to make some money. Point all those folks standing in long lines to these jobs and business opportunities that are about. I have some empiricisms regarding said subject. Hard to start a business without a bank loan.

That's because Americans are "independent" so they independently assume a costly loan....while the good Indian/Hindu/Asian immigrants use their collective power to get a loan, live in 1 house, and make oodles of money until they can truly become independent....then the next family moves into the vacancy.

Here:

http://www.7-eleven.com/Franchising/...8/Default.aspx

Cost is $60 - 250K. Just depends on your area. They do the rest. Trust me, I've done all the preliminaries.

How about Dunkin Donuts?

http://www.dunkinfranchising.com/abo...hise-home.html

Same Indians/Hindus/Asians/etc

Again, they use the same collective powers to startup.

You should see some of the houses they live in.....MANSIONS! And they all ride together to work in shifts using the same econoline van. It's like a shuttle. they borrowed that idea from the military. How do I know....because the friends I've made have been in the Indian Army!!!!!

I'm telling you, the auto-workers of America could unite and kick ass....sure it might not be the traditional way of doing things but who cares when you're making money and meeting your family obligations.

I could go on and on and on when it comes to government contracting.....

I think GM is done.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    I think GM is done.
    I think it is up to them, we all remember Chrysler getting bailed out and Lee Iaccoca turned them around. I think that it is possible for the auto industry to succeed and pay back everything they have borrowed with interest.

Part of the reason I believe that is my next car will probably be American; I have never purchased an American car besides the first one I worked for as a kid. Other than that I have found them largely inferior to Japanese cars, at least the ones in my price range. However, now I feel almost obligated to purchase an American car by the next go around (3-4 years). I imagine others probably feel the same.
    Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.