Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need job interview at Polyguard Vaults/Vantage in Georgia - disposable coffins

Need job interview at Polyguard Vaults/Vantage in Georgia - disposable coffins

I'm getting ready to retire soon and would like to get involved in this lucrative business of disposable coffins. Times like these, business might be booming. They are located in Covington Georgia. Anybody down there (JC, Amro) hook a brother up? With my military training and security clearnaces, I should be good to go.

http://www.polyguardvaults.com/index.cfm?ID=9

http://www.vantageproducts.com/About%20Us.html

[ link ]

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

lol...I pass that place going to work everyday, its off I-20 on the access road in the big 'ole town of Covington. Come to think of it, that field of coffin liners has been getting bigger over the past decade.

better yet...wth were you searching for to find that video...never mind I don't really want to know.

You sure you can handle the southern heat?
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    You sure you can handle the southern heat?

I was raised in Georgia JC. I am an Army Brat.

Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    I was raised in Georgia JC. I am an Army Brat.

Yep, you can handle the heat.
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." - Sigmund Freud.

And, according to Vantage Products Corporation Vice President of Operations Michael Lacey, that’s exactly when the calls started pouring in.

“It’s been going on for quite a while, about a week,” Lacey said.

Lacey maintains that the theories regarding the property, and what’s on it, aren’t quite accurate.

The “coffins” aren’t coffins at all, according to Lacey. Instead, they are burial vaults, “the outer container for caskets,” Lacey said, placed in the ground before the coffin to protect the coffin and maintain level ground above.

There are currently 50,000 of these burial vaults on the property, according to Lacey. As the vaults were placed on the site around 1997 or 1998, there may have been as many as 70,000 or 80,000 to begin with.

“It’s nowhere near the quantity they talk about on the Internet,” Lacey said.

This quantity of burial vaults, Vantage’s Standard Air Seal model in black, also the least expensive model and the most in-demand, was made to cater to what Lacey calls the funeral industry’s “pre-need.” This “pre-need” occurs when people make arrangements for their funeral before they actually pass away, so that the family doesn’t have to go through the perceived stress of making the arrangements. When these arrangements are made, the products are paid for; obviously, though, they are not yet needed.

So, Vantage stores the product until the person dies, and the product is needed.

Further, pallets of the burial vaults are moved truckloads at a time, as there is space for a palate at the

Contrary to the beliefs of the theorists, then, the burial vaults aren’t owned by the government, or FEMA. Instead, they’re owned by individuals, or not yet sold.

“They’re not owned by any one individual, company or the government,” Lacey said.

Further, Vantage leases the land, located at 1200 Madison Industrial Boulevard, from Conyers Welding & Supply and has for four to five years, a fact confirmed by Conyers Welding & Supply. Conyers Welding & Supply took over the lease when the property was purchased from Robert Usury in 2000. Usury purchased the property in 1989, according to information provided by the Morgan County Tax Assessor’s Office and the Morgan County Online Public Property Portal.

The answer as to why the vaults are being stored in Madison? To put it simply, the Covington-based manufacturer got a good deal close to home.
    “It was the most cost-effective place,” Lacey said.
    http://www.morgancountycitizen.com/?q=node/7524
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." - Sigmund Freud.

http://www.morgancountycitizen.com/?q=node/7524

They were purchased under contract by the Veterans Administration.

http://www.fedspending.org/fpds/fpds...il=4&submit=GO

There is no historical bulk buy of thermoplastic burial liners ever in the history of the US by the gov't.

So saying that they are individually owned or not yet sold is a bit of a stretch.

There is no historical bulk buy of thermoplastic burial liners ever in the history of the US by the gov't.

So saying that they are individually owned or not yet sold is a bit of a stretch.
    Thanks for the rebuttal. I'll take a look at the info and response. Might take a day or two.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

The link you gave me is for company called; POLYGUARD LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY in Wyoming. Not the company in question here, Vantage Products Corporations which is in Georgia.

From the VA website.

Burial benefits include a gravesite in any of our national cemeteries with available space, the opening and closing of the grave, perpetual care, a Government headstone or marker, a burial flag, a grave liner and a Presidential Memorial Certificate, at no cost to the family.
    https://iris.va.gov/scripts/iris.cfg...hp?p_faqid=135

Being purchased by the VA is not proof of anything other then that the VA helps bury bodies (big surprise). I am not sure why you brought up this point and I am also not sure why you dragged up info on a different company.

"So saying that they are individually owned or not yet sold is a bit of a stretch." - Mr. Jawz

Not a stretch in the least; the implication of the OP now that is a stretch, a very big one.

Law of parsimony: Should we believe this is just a normal run of the mill business or should we believe that it's some stock up of super body bags for the making of civil war 2?
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 03-05-09 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Clarifying

there are two companies. One is Polyguard, the other is Vantage. That's why there are two pictures of two sites. That's why there are two links to two companies in my original post.

Please read more carefully next time.

Please satisfy any remaining query on your own.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Curious why you're calling these "disposable coffins"?

Are you thinking these will be used by FEMA to bulldoze a bunch of DBs into, and bury in mass quantity?

To me these look like newer types of liners used to lower the actual fancy wooden coffins into. Needed for cemeteries to comply with environmental rules/regs.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

there are two companies. One is Polyguard, the other is Vantage. That's why there are two pictures of two sites. That's why there are two links to two companies in my original post.

Please read more carefully next time.

Please satisfy any remaining query on your own.
    Sorry I missed that point, but you did quote my initial post with info for the wrong company. Look here.

And, according to Vantage Products Corporation Vice President of Operations Michael Lacey, that’s exactly when the calls started pouring in.
    - Me

The point you were refuting...

"So saying that they are individually owned or not yet sold is a bit of a stretch." - Mr.Jawz

Which is said here by Vantage Products Corporation..

“They’re not owned by any one individual, company or the government,” Lacey

To refute that point you gave me info to a different company. That does not refute Vantage Products Corporation.

So it seems that you also need to read more carefully.

--

All that whining that you have been doing about people not listening and then you post this.

"Please satisfy any remaining query on your own." - Mr.Jawz

No, I am not done here yet but I need to get ready for work now.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 03-05-09 at 11:41 AM.

Sorry I missed that point, but you did quote my initial post with info for the wrong company. Look here.

- Me

The point you were refuting...

"So saying that they are individually owned or not yet sold is a bit of a stretch." - Mr.Jawz

Which is said here by Vantage Products Corporation..

“They’re not owned by any one individual, company or the government,” Lacey

To refute that point you gave me info to a different company. That does not refute Vantage Products Corporation.

So it seems that you also need to read more carefully.

--

All that whining that you have been doing about people not listening and then you post this.

No, I am not done here yet but I need to get ready for work now.

Unfortunately, since you wish to bring ad hominem into it, I am done.

Unfortunately, since you wish to bring ad hominem into it, I am done.
    Ad hominem? Ad hominem is a phrase entirely overused. I have very valid points. That you can not refute, so you attack an oversight of mine and now you pull the Ad hominem rubber sword out. No, that is not going to dive me off. I'll be back after work I something more to say to you on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Curious why you're calling these "disposable coffins"?

Are you thinking these will be used by FEMA to bulldoze a bunch of DBs into, and bury in mass quantity?

To me these look like newer types of liners used to lower the actual fancy wooden coffins into. Needed for cemeteries to comply with environmental rules/regs.
    Well, these containers would allow us to collect and burn people that have been exposed in a CBRNE incident.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Well, these containers would allow us to collect and burn people that have been exposed in a CBRNE incident.
    Hmm....I suppose collection of, and transport to disposal facility, of contaminated DBs would be desired in a non-biodegradable polymer even if it were destined to the furnace (and into the atmosphere with black smoke).
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I understand that you are going to give me the cold shoulder, UOD, and that’s fine. Do whatever you feel you must.

Getting straight to the point…

The objects in question here must be recognized, as it stands, not as “FEMA coffins” but as normal non-exciting grave liners. They must be recognized so, in order to remain on the side of law, morality and logic. This is the conclusion that must be, as it stands, based on the evidence on hand.

Innocent until proven guilty

You have no damming evidence; just a few harmless pictures and an invoice for a transaction from the VA. This is no where close to being sufficient evidence for what is implied here. In fact this is no evidence at all. You are beguiling people and slandering the “innocent”. When you accuse someone of making a deal with the devil then you better be able to back it up. What if these companies are completely honest and you are just trashing their good names?

“When men take it in their heads today to hang gamblers or burn murderers, they should recollect that in the confusion usually attending such transactions they will be as likely to hang or burn someone who is neither a gambler nor a murderer as one who is, and that, acting upon the example they set, the mob of tomorrow may, and probably will, hang or burn some of them by the very same mistake.” – President Abraham Lincoln

The fact of the matter is not what I am aiming at but the method by which we arrive at that fact. What good is saving something when the redemption destroys it?
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 03-07-09 at 10:37 PM. Reason: fixing stuff

Ad hominem? Ad hominem is a phrase entirely overused. I have very valid points. That you can not refute, so you attack an oversight of mine and now you pull the Ad hominem rubber sword out. No, that is not going to dive me off. I'll be back after work I something more to say to you on this topic.

I just want to clear up a few points.

"attack an oversight of mine "

A reproach would have been appropriate on your part if the oversight was not so trivial.

I suppose this is what you are labeling as ad hominem. But I inserted a line to indicate that it was an independent point. It was not meant as a rebuttal to anything therefor it is not ad hominem.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Hmm....I suppose collection of, and transport to disposal facility, of contaminated DBs would be desired in a non-biodegradable polymer even if it were destined to the furnace (and into the atmosphere with black smoke).

But burning bodies would contribute to global warming!!!