Thread: Unable to see shared folder or ping pc's on the same network

Angry Unable to see shared folder or ping pc's on the same network

I myself am out of resources, in trying to resolve this issue. Maybe someone else can help me out.

My setup: I have a Linksys 4port Wireless Router, 1 PC hard wire connection to the router, 2 PC's (laptop & desktop) that connect to the internet using wireless. All PC's running Windows XP. The laptop I have can see everything from any shared folders I have listed on the hard wired pc, able to ping the hard wire pc and router (even log into the router). The other pc I have that uses wireless just started having some strange issues, and nothing new was installed or changed from when it was working. I have checked almost all the nic settings with my hard wired pc (all look the same), disabled windows firewall (I do not have any 3rd party firewall), shut down AVG (anti-virus), ran spyware cleaner, verified workgroups, ran WinSock XP Fix, and even tried netsh method of rebuilding tcp/ip. I cannot get this wireless desktop pc to even ping the other 2 PC's on the network, but it can ping the router and access the internet. The problem seems to be here as to why I cannot share any folders, since it cannot see the other PC's. I also noticed something very strange when looking at the clients listed when I log into the Linksys Router it showed my laptop that connected from this morning on the list and my hard wire PC, but not the wireless desktop pc (but the wireless desktop pc is able to access the internet, weird!?).

Please help or input any steps I can take to get this wireless desktop pc communicating again with other machines on the network..

problem fixed...