Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't worry about my congressmen, government, or politics

I don't worry about my congressmen, government, or politics

I have more important things to worry about in my own life to worry about this stuff. My power is limited anyway, I got bigger things to worry about myself. So, no, I don't write to my congressmen, I don't fight everything that is unjust in this world, I don't picket, I don't care nor do I worry about it. I do watch the news, I do listen to the Presidents speeches. I do vote. God has a plan for this country, as all countries, he is ultimately in control and has a plan, so I don't have to worry. Politics is not my life, I don't let it bother me.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

you still wearing your sisters clothes?

Its a great way to justify inaction, God has a plan, so I don't have to do anything about [insert whatever you don't want to do here].

God's plan may not be to our benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Its a great way to justify inaction, God has a plan, so I don't have to do anything about [insert whatever you don't want to do here].

God's plan may not be to our benefit.
    Although I agree a person needs to take actions because they don't always know what God's plan is the truth is if God wants it to happen it will whether we want it to or not.

That said I personally don't think what Brent suggests is quite what God had in mind. Just my own .02.

Which "God" are yall talking about here?? I mean there are many... gotta be specific

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Although I agree a person needs to take actions because they don't always know what God's plan is the truth is if God wants it to happen it will whether we want it to or not.
    God may not have a strict path for everything. He allowed us free will, he may allow us to take a variety of paths to get to teh goals in his plan, some better or worse for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Which "God" are yall talking about here?? I mean there are many... gotta be specific
    They could all be the same in the end.

They could all be the same in the end.
    maybe... any proof? Or should we re-direct this to our non-existing Religion Forum?

The sheep say "baaaaaaaa"
    Now, Hank, touch your throat. That tube you feel is your trachea. Think of it as your handle. That thing your thumb is on is your carotid artery. Think of it as your button. I want you to grab the handle, push the button.
    -Brock Samson

God may not have a strict path for everything. He allowed us free will, he may allow us to take a variety of paths to get to teh goals in his plan, some better or worse for us.
    Absolutely he allowed for free will. I was just saying if he wants something to be a certain way it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I have more important things to worry about in my own life to worry about this stuff. My power is limited anyway, I got bigger things to worry about myself. So, no, I don't write to my congressmen, I don't fight everything that is unjust in this world, I don't picket, I don't care nor do I worry about it. I do watch the news, I do listen to the Presidents speeches. I do vote. God has a plan for this country, as all countries, he is ultimately in control and has a plan, so I don't have to worry. Politics is not my life, I don't let it bother me.

Brent. I have known you for a very long time now. We are not only living in the most dynamic age of our planet, we are shaping it. I believe that it's God's will that we make the most of the world which he has provided us. We are in the sandbox together.

Politics extend into every aspect of our lives whether we want it to or not. the PC and tech industries are full of politics. The hardware we use is full of it's effects...look at DRM for example. DRM is in every ipod, cell phone, video card, blu-ray player, hdtv, etc.....

Politics drives us in the way that we use technology....or rebel against it.

You have a unique perspective on all of this and yet you refuse to share it. Why?

While politics may not be your life, your life is surrounded by it at all times.

If you don't want to participate, fine, it's your choice. All I ask is this:

Will you trust me to make decisions on your behalf?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

I couldn't care less about politics.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Ok.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Certified SG Addict
    What are some of these more important things you're worrying about? If they have anything to do with money, lifestyle, eating, sleeping, or generally existing, then you'd benefit from "worrying" about your congressmen, government and politics.

"God has a plan" is nothing but cruise control. He didn't imbue us with intellect for kicks; and what if His plan involves you getting off your duff and finding a way to influence family, friends, strangers?

Your post sounds more like justification for you not having to think any more than is required for the next breath.

And what if God feels the same way about you, or maybe his plan doesnt include you.

Quote Originally Posted by tarpoon75 View Post
    The sheep say "baaaaaaaa"
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

And you wonder why some people go after you.....

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    And you wonder why some people go after you.....
    LMAO who's going after me? Ohh no's people's going after mes...

I love when Sava complains about threads being derailed, and acts mod-like about them, then he moves on to another thread and helps to derail it.

I love when Sava complains about threads being derailed, and acts mod-like about them, then he moves on to another thread and helps to derail it.
    well it really wasn't a derail.. he was talking about stuff he doesn't worry about and I posted a question about something he does worry about. So to me it was on the general topic.