Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Excellent Pro-Life video - Imagine (NBC rejected Superbowl vid)

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Not saying an abortion should occur just because of mental handicaps, just that in some cases I feel it may be a viable option.

If my sister is raped, or yours, should she have no choice but to give birth?
    I can't condone an abortion, under any circumstance, I feel very strongly about it. That is my position on the topic.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paft View Post

You and everyone who believes like you are the entire reason that women's liberation and women's rights had to be fought for so damn hard, and still do! You and your ilk, the good ol' boys club, treat women like **** and feel like that's ok to do!

Get the **** out of my country.
    Edited...
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paft View Post
    I am so sick and tired of these ignorant jackasses who think they're so damn special just because they have the "Almighty Penis" and/or their "God" on their side trying to pass judgement on women for making the choices that they feel like they have to in life. They talk about the declining morals in society, and yet won't take the time to look at their own lives or belief structures to see how damaging they are, no, instead they just pass judgement on everyone else and act all superior and perfect. So no, I'm not going to chill out, because why should I (a decent human being) stand by and let evil people have the soapbox?
    LMAO, you are a piece of work you know that?

And i find it funny, your first part of this nonsense is EXACTLY why i haven't been to church in like 4 years. Judgement, and may i ask exactly what you are doing with this post? Judging me...and Brent....and anyone who doesn't agree with your 'new age' ********...
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Does anyone in this thread want the government to make thier decisions for them? Why do we need the government to decide the abortion debate for us?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Does anyone in this thread want the government to make thier decisions for them? Why do we need the government to decide the abortion debate for us?
    Brent probably does. lol

Quote Originally Posted by De Plano View Post
    Never mind, don't want to insult folks beliefs

I do agree if you are going to think of potential, you may as well put Dahmer in there also
    You had a very valid point; but I can understand the edit.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Cybernetic Interloper ub3r_n00b's Avatar
    Man, you guys bicker about such small things. Everyone pretty much agrees, yet there is still argument. /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    There is never a point in which abortion would be ok.
    1) don't bring god into it, because what "god" believes in is completely relative to the person who is talking

2) your statement there is because of your own inability to be omnisicent (and humans in general). The fact is because we are unable to see all ends (although some of the wise have a pretty good chance at doing so) we are unable to determine if the life in question should be saved, or should not be saved (I could quote LOTR here, but I think that would discredit my statement). If you could forsee that this child was going to be born into a life of poverty and crime, would resort to crime, and would end up killing a bunch of people or selling crack to kids - then in my opinion - that person died before he was born. However, we can't see that, which is probably a good thing.

Additionally, I think that there is an inherent irony in the whole abortion situation. That is, only the rich can afford to have them, and the poor, who are having tonnes of children, can't afford to have them. Additionally, the rich, who have the education (well this is a little bit debatable right now in the states) and know about safe sex are the ones that make these "mistakes" while the poor just deal.

Anyways, im done with this subject :P.

woo-sa, woo-sa...
    www.erudianart.com

Back to the mentally handicapped question, no way should you abort a baby just because of this. Steven Hawking is mentally handicapped, look what would he has accomplished with his life, now imagine if his mother decided to abort him because she knew he would end up like that. The problem is we think we have the power to play God. If a child is going to be mentally handicapped deal with it, you've got that child for a reason, love that child, they can still do great things with their lives.

Steven Hawking is not mentally handicapped, he has ALS, motor neuron disease. A very small portion of people with ALS develop dementia at some point - most are perfectly fine mentally. Hawking is obviously more than fine, he's pretty much a genius.

I think it's pretty easy for you, as a man, to sit there and say a woman or young girl should be forced to have a child in the case of rape and incest. You really think it's in the best interest of everyone if a twelve year old girl gives birth to a baby fathered by HER father? Can you not imagine what it feels like for that girl, to have her father's baby inside her? How it'll feel every day she has to look at it? Or what about how the child will feel, when it grows up to find out how it came into the world?
    There is security in fearlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    You got that right. This country's morals are so screw up its not even funny...

A retorical question. IYHO, which country's morals are better?

Chicago..

..or New York?

USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

I missed dinner, and they both look amazing. I prefer thin crust pizza though.
    There is security in fearlessness.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    Same here!

Although last nights huge plate of sashimi was excellent. And I had a plate of Tigers Tears (a Thai appetizer)
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

amazing, some of the views in here on human life....
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    I prefer a thin crust myself even being a Chicagoan however, I like Midwest cheese better. So a thin crust with the gooey, Wisconsin Mozzarella & sausage!
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Blog Entries
    There is never a point in which abortion would be ok.
    There are other issues that spring to mind...:

What about early abortion if you have to do it to protect the life of the mother ? (life for a life)... Aren't you playing God by denying health service to the mother, if you could save her ? It's still a choice.

How do you feel about the woman's right to choose to prevent a pregnancy ? In other words, do you feel that women should be given meaningful access to health services to prevent unintended pregnancies ? How about sex education in schools ?

How do you feel about reproductive health services ? Are we playing God by artificially creating life ?

In general, should the government step in and enforce the views of a group of people on everyone ?

my vote is for haribo gummy candy over other brands. for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Amro View Post
    my vote is for haribo gummy candy over other brands. for sure.
    it's the dark chocolate M&M's that does it for me

Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Why do we need the government to decide the abortion debate for us?
    which ever way somebody leans on abortion ,(to each his own)

I agree this is the issue UOD

We can argue in this forum all day long, but we all know none of us are going to change our minds on this topic based on these posts. That's fine, I believe what I believe, you believe what you believe, let's all have a slice of pizza and enjoy our time together.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    A retorical question. IYHO, which country's morals are better?
    Fair question, I don't know whose are better. however just because others suck too doesn't mean we should toss ours out the window...

J B K M