Thread: Linking 2 adsl connections

Linking 2 adsl connections

I need to double my internet speed to do a video conference with several countries.
    I have 2 adsl connections coming from 2 phone lines each with 2 MBPS downlink and 512 uplink each.
    They come to two routers near my computer.
    How do I bridge them most effectively to double my internet speed?
    Please help!

you can set the two network with two computer but with the same computer, I wonder if you can do it like that with two connections. However, you can change your system registry to allow more data transferred. This is called MTU or maximum transfer unit.

The steps requires registry edit, steps like this:

Open Registry by going to START-RUN and entering REGEDIT and Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\ ID for Adapter. For this right click on right pane and add a key by the name MTU. For this key you can add a DWORD value from 68 to 1500 (or higher value is certain cases).

If you put less than 68, it will default to 68. If you put a value higher than 1500 or your Network permitted max, it will default to permitted max.

then:

Open Registry by going to START-RUN and entering REGEDIT and Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\ ID for Adapter. For this right click on right pane and add a key by the name EnablePMTUDiscovery. For this key you can add a DWORD boolean value of 0 or 1 with 1 being TRUE (value that enables auto detection).

Since we are trying this tweak, set to 1 and enable the TCP to attempt to discover the MTU size over the specific path to host. Microsoft has an interesting article on many similar tips <TCP/IP and NetBT configuration parameters for Windows 2000 or Windows NT> and is titled TCP/IP and NBT Configuration Parameters for Windows (Q120642). <TCP/IP and NetBT configuration parameters for Windows 2000 or Windows NT>

hopes that help.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Multi-WAN broadband router. They will load balance the network, do failover..but you won't get literally twice your internet speed. For larger networks however, because it will load balance, you do get effectively the ability to handle nearly twice the traffic.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!