Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming... Not so fast

Global Warming... Not so fast

Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

Not again

JC, you're not a stupid person.

Yet you post stuff like this. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Not again

JC, you're not a stupid person.

Yet you post stuff like this. I don't get it.
    Did you read the article?
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Did you read the article?
    Yup. Why do you ask? Doesn't the fact I posted a response to your thread indicate I read what you posted and have an opinion about it?

I can post however many links that draw a different conclusion. Common sense speaks volumes here.

Amazing story? Laughable.

Yup. Why do you ask? Doesn't the fact I posted a response to your thread indicate I read what you posted and have an opinion about it?

I can post however many links that draw a different conclusion. Common sense speaks volumes here.

Amazing story? Laughable.
    Your response led me to believe you only read the title.

Please post an article rebutting this.
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

I have always known global warming is a hoax while al gore made millions off of it

Did that last time... did you read it?

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...highlight=hoax

I can post dozens of similar threads, as can you. Boils down to the fact that the majority of scientists agree with me, not you. Short of Mark's comments I don't think you have much support here either (Brent's "all in god's hands" doesn't count for that much).

If you're that interested I'd be glad to point out why I think and feel the way I do about the subject, but it seems to me you're just hell-bent on this as a topic to point out liberal stupidity and have your eyes closed and ears plugged to what the rest of the scientific world is saying.

Did that last time... did you read it?

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...highlight=hoax

I can post dozens of similar threads, as can you. Boils down to the fact that the majority of scientists agree with me, not you. Short of Mark's comments I don't think you have much support here either (Brent's "all in god's hands" doesn't count for that much).

If you're that interested I'd be glad to point out why I think and feel the way I do about the subject, but it seems to me you're just hell-bent on this as a topic to point out liberal stupidity and have your eyes closed and ears plugged to what the rest of the scientific world is saying.
    He's only posting this balderdash to get the reaction. I doubt Ghosthunter or JC really cares about global warming; I wouldn't waste your time.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 02-01-09 at 11:49 PM. Reason: fixing errors
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    I have always known global warming is a hoax while al gore made millions off of it

i think that hoax or not, we should and do have to treat the earth better.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    amen

And like the earth is round will people never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by OSULLY View Post
    And like the earth is round will people never learn.
    Well, with such vast intelligence out there as this:
    it seems not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post

so treat the earth better...but we do not need to put in laws and policies by the government and controlling us on how to live based on a hoax

hoax
    Dude, what part don't you get?

God you must be embarrassed of yourself, or should be.

Dude, what part don't you get?

God you must be embarrassed of yourself, or should be.
    i can read...it is a hoax...simple as that always has been...but people want to feel good about themselves thinking they are doing something good and tyring to make people feel guilty for driivng SUV and having light bulbs that dont match the requirements or some other ********

all the time and effort they put in for the global warming effort they could put it to good use like donating to charity instead and helping real human beings who need it

so treat the earth better...but we do not need to put in laws and policies by the government and controlling us on how to live based on a hoax
    i think it depends on the policy.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

i can read...it is a hoax...simple as that always has been...but people want to feel good about themselves thinking they are doing something good and tyring to make people feel guilty for driivng SUV and having light bulbs that dont match the requirements or some other ********

all the time and effort they put in for the global warming effort they could put it to good use like donating to charity instead and helping real human beings who need it

GH, nobody in the scientific community debates whether there is global warming or not....because there is global warming. What they debate is the effects that man has on the environment.

It's really simple when emotion gets pulled out of it as well as politics.

We can all agree that the Earth evolves. That's why we have had ice ages, droughts, dustbowls, floods, etc. The Earth is always changing...hell some day with plate tectonics and continental drift....we might be able to build a bridge from NYC to the UK lol.

With that simple fact in mind...change, natural change to be exact, it is impossible for us to know how we impact the Earth. What I do know is this....if I were to hook up a industrial effluent stack and pipe in the waste into your home...you'd be dead because it would be in a concentrated area and would surely displace your oxygen. So logically, if it can kill you in a small space in a short period of time, it can't be good for you at all. The point being, we don't know how fast the atmosphere can repair itself. And since we don't know that....we don't know what damage has been done or is being done.

There are alarmists on both sides of the aisle. But wouldn't it be prudent to adopt new techniques and manufacturing processes as they become available so that we can minimize our own man made waste? And you know what....I'm not even pushing for timetables or anything. I know that businesses and industry have to adapt and adopt when they are fiscally able to. I'm all for making money.....and here it is....

You see GH, nobody that is making money cares about us or the environment....because if new technology is adopted, if new manufacturing processes are implemented....the current establishment is no longer in control of how they make their money!!!!!

So it's all about the self preserving establishment. They could care less if they poison you, your wife, your kids...as long as they make a profit which they control. Dow Chemical doesn't want to see UOD Industries go into business with a new clean way of making new chemicals...because it would eat at their market share.

By submitting to this whole hoax propaganda, you are allowing yourself to be enslaved to their establishment. Maximizing profits is their mantra, not the general welfare.

There is money to be made in advancing technology, but the establishment isn't done sucking you dry.

So in a way, the global warming hoax is just a diversion to keep you enslaved to the establishment.
    Last edited by JawZ; 02-02-09 at 12:00 PM.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Withstand View Post
    Interesting.

whatever causing it we have to admit that our climate is changing.
    I live int he tropics with wet and dry seasons and we used to be able to tell the period when wet season would start and when it would end and vice versa.

Now it's been confusing. The season timetable has been ruined. A decade ago people were already aware that the season timetable was changing and losing the pattern to be able to be predicted but nobody knew why.
    El Nino / La Nina???

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

The debate is no longer about "if" it's warming up. The "facts" are that it is. The debate is now about if man is causing it and if so, is it too late to reverse that trend.

Personally I think there's plenty of evidence to support that we are indeed a major reason why.