Thread: Coming and going....

Blog Entries

Coming and going....

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6236406.html

AMARILLO, Texas — It was a nerve-wracking afternoon at Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport. That's as two airliners made emergency landings in separate Wednesday incidents 10 minutes apart.

A twin-turboprob American Eagle plane with 12 passengers and crew members aboard returned to Amarillo and made a safe landing about 1:30 p.m. The crew reported the smell of smoke in the cockpit shortly after takeoff for Dallas-Fort Worth.

Then, an American Airlines MD-80 jet flying from San Diego to Chicago with 140 passengers aboard was forced to land about 1:40 p.m. That was after a warning light indicated a drop in oil pressure in the left engine. American spokeswoman Andrea Huguely says another jet picked up the passengers.

No injuries were reported in either incident.

This is the MD-80 that made the emergency landing on Wednesday. It was departing today presumably back to San Diego...

Coming...

Going...

Last edited by Indy; 01-30-09 at 08:12 PM.
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Very crisp shots.

When God gave out steady hands I think Indy got a triple dose of steady.

Blog Entries

Here's another shot that I took within a couple of minutes of the previous two...

------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Use a tripod for these shots Indy?
    Reminds me...off to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Use a tripod for these shots Indy?
    Reminds me...off to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Nope, all hand held with the telephoto lens on my Sony. The first two, the aircraft went nearly overhead as it was taking off out of the airport and I ended up shooting about 7 or 8 shots of it - these were the two I liked best. The KC-135 I took probably about 20 shots of it as it was on departure, some slightly from the front, some from the side, and some slightly from the rear. This one just came out really clean.

There's not much traffic out of our airport, so I have to take what I can get as far as aircraft around here. It just happened that there was several aircraft in the area when I was at lunch yesterday, so I got lucky there
    ------

Indy...do you adjust the color in those pictures? That blue is amazing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Indy...do you adjust the color in those pictures? That blue is amazing!
    Just slightly on the two American Airlines photos, but nothing on the KC-135. It was just a slight tweaking of the color saturation that bumped up the blue.
    ------

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    The crispness and color of your pictures never cease to amaze me Indy.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!