Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'School Children Complain Of “Obama Worship” During Lessons'

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    You can be biased, but when you have kids marching singing a song about Obama, that's just a slight slight tad on the extreme side.
    Well I think its good, In fact I'm writting a war chant, "O-Bam-a, Oh bomb them!" for our next war.

I hope all the kids sing it!

Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Schools are always biased.
    Who tells the tales of history?

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Who tells the tales of history?
    A better question would be, who tells them accurately?

@David

Asking someone to back up their claims is not ad hominem. But I edited the post to be more pleasing to the eyes.
    Last edited by David; 01-29-09 at 12:41 PM. Reason: for the sake of clarity...
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Certified SG Addict
    I don't need to "back up my claims" here, as I didn't claim anything. I posted the article for people to read and think about. That's it.

Certified SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dsl connection View Post
    How is this worshiping Obama?
    See the quotation marks?

And what's with the immediate add on Twitter? Other than the advertising nature of your name "cellularphone" and personal description:

"I am a priest with the CEEC. I sell telecommunication products in order to support my ministry."

lol gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    I don't need to "back up my claims" here, as I didn't claim anything. I posted the article for people to read and think about. That's it.
    Yes, Burke, I knew you'd response with this way. But I just saying it's a BS article. Is there something wrong with that?

Now you can argue over the way and the words I used. But the authenticity of the article is very questionable and how can we draw any conclusion for such a shady source? And are you honestly going to sit there and say your completely aimless; that your just randomly posting. No, Burke, I think you do have an agenda and I have a good idea what it is. But regardless of your little games; the fact that is a BS article is still relateable and if you can't back it up then it is totally inadmissible and any surrounding debate fallacious.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 01-29-09 at 12:33 PM. Reason: fixing errors
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    Yes, Burke, I knew you'd response with this way. But I just saying it's a BS article. Is there something wrong with that?

Now you can argue over the way and the words I used. But the authenticity of the article is very questionable and how can we draw any conclusion for such a shady source? And are you honestly going to sit and say your completely aimless; that your just randomly posting. No, Burke, I think you do have an agenda and I have a good idea what it is. But regardless of your little games; that fact that is a BS article is still relateable and if you can't back it up then it is totally inadmissible and any surrounding debate fallacious.

I don't think this is BS, it is a 17 page thread and seems to be real of course the guy can be making it all up anything is possible trust me everyone knows i am not a huge fan of prisonplanet, but just because they pick up the story does not make it automatically false

take a look at his latest post #123

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...&postcount=123

First, I want to thank you all for your thoughts and ideas on this troubling situation. The response was very encouraging and it has been very uplifting to know that we are not alone.

My wife and I prayed that God give us guidance and encouragement in whatever path he takes us. We prayed long and hard if my wife should show up this morning with our camera to take video of this activity. We both agreed that we needed to follow whatever rules or laws concerning video taping of children in a classroom setting without permission so we decided it was best not to go that route. We just did not know if this was violating any privacy laws. We also wanted to respect the parents who might find their children unwillingly on Youtube. I know I would not want that without us knowing it.

So were does this stand now? We decided that it was best to give the pricipal a chance to explain what was going on. So after school today we went down there and waited for about 45 minutes and finally the Vice Principal came out and suggested that we speak with our childs teacher. It seemed that the office became dead silent and all eyes were on us so I asked that we speak privately. So reluctantly he took us into the conference room and asked us what was going on? I asked if he was aware of this image of Obama being shown to the kids and he said yes and that it was something new that they started this week. I asked if he thought this to a bit Orweallian to him and his facial expressions said it all. He then nodded saying, "yeah, it does seem...you know this could be easily fixed!" He then asked if the children were facing Obama during the reciting? My wife chummed in and said that when she was here Tuesday she saw a 5th grade class face Obama and NOT the flag. He said, "Well they shouldn't be, they are supposed to honor and respect the flag." I then asked,"Why are the lights being turned off in the classroom? You can't see the flag but you can definetly see Obama. I added that this goes against flag etiquette. I then suggested that this is wrong and is a distraction and that it needs to be shut down. I further said that we did not do this for Bush (I then told him that I was not a Bush fan) and I would even be upset if you had an image of Jesus showing. It is almost like forced indoctrination. I then asked if this was school wide or district wide? He replied, "one of the teachers thought of it and so we tried it just here at this school, it is not district wide. But let me to try to solve this, okay?" I then asked for the district superintendant name and number? The vp again asked that they solve this first and that he would call the principal tonight and that they would take care of this first thing in the morning. We agreed and that was that. I do want to say that the vp was very polite and cordial and seemed concerned. We will see??

I guess if this doesn't stop tomorrow then the wife and I are prepared to go forward. I do believe in giving people a chance to correct any wrong doings. A part of me wished that I held off on making my original post yesterday until this could be addressed properly and then the other side of me said that this needed to be shouted out from the roof tops so everyone can see and hear what is going on. However, it is what it is and God put it in our lap and I am thankful!

I would like to add that my wife is asian and that she came from a country that if you questioned the leader you were a target. When this came up she became scared and angry at the same time. She said that it was hard coming over hear and becoming a U.S. citizen and that she is PROUD to be an AMERICAN! What a woman, huh!!

Certified SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post

Now you can argue over the way and the words I used. But the authenticity of the article is very questionable and how can we draw any conclusion for such a shady source? And are you honestly going to sit there and say your completely aimless; that your just randomly posting. No, Burke, I think you do have an agenda and I have a good idea what it is. But regardless of your little games; the fact that is a BS article is still relateable and if you can't back it up then it is totally inadmissible and any surrounding debate fallacious.
    You're sounding like the left-wingers who immediately denounce a news item because the link was found at Drudge. A link to the primary source was quite clearly bolded in the quoted text. If you choose to not believe the source, 'kay. Can't do anything about that.

And yes, I have an agenda -- to post links to articles and analyses of news and current events that you won't get on NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc., etc., in hopes of rattling a few cages and encourage people to consider other points of view other than those presented in slick, 30-minute packages.

I find these links on non-mainstream sites like Prisonplanet and Infowars, because people won't find them on any of the typical news pages. Then you can click through, read the original source(s), and then frame the aggregator's analysis or opinion based upon what the source said.

I doubt anyone here besides yourself believes I've attempted to obfuscate what I really think about these things. I mean, really.

Blog Entries
    When offered in a forum, it can be assumed that it is a topic of discussion.

As for characterizations, well that runs from many keyboards.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Even if this particular story isn't true, similar indoctrination IS happening in schools.
    You have no clue. Check out the highschools around here. My daughter had a government class where the teacher quoted Limbaugh several times a week.

That was until I started giving her some info to counter the bull crap.... He tried to flunk her for it till I offered to counter his teaching style with the school board. A conference with him and a couple of staff and that ended.

That kind of stuff is really the norm where I live so what you might be seeing isn't a national trend but local. Unless you believe said reports from unreliable sources .

Sidenote. I did have a meeting with the school board over this same teacher. He was teaching that it's ok to cheat on your taxes for charitable contributions and that everyone does it. He acutually took off points on the daughters test for not including any even though the handouts didn't include them and he had instructed the class that there weren't any.

He didn't get away with it.

That's just the political side. Religious? Don't even get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    You have no clue. Check out the highschools around here. My daughter had a government class where the teacher quoted Limbaugh several times a week.
    There are plenty of stories about kids being bombarded with their teachers political views, whether Democrat or Republican, doesn't matter. Your story proves that it happens, so yes, I do have a clue.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

If I was Obama this would annoy the heck out of me. Talk about unrealistic expectations.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    If I was Obama this would annoy the heck out of me. Talk about unrealistic expectations.
    There are plenty who are playing into a Cult of Personality, whether or not it is by the president's design.

Hell_Yes

There are plenty of stories about kids being bombarded with their teachers political views, whether Democrat or Republican, doesn't matter. Your story proves that it happens, so yes, I do have a clue.
    "do have a clue" An expression and not directed at your understanding of things.

So since it happens, why were you incensed over what is probably a bogus news story?

Remind me sometime when I'm on a soapbox to explain the religious hypocrisy in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    You're sounding like the left-wingers who immediately denounce a news item because the link was found at Drudge. A link to the primary source was quite clearly bolded in the quoted text. If you choose to not believe the source, 'kay. Can't do anything about that.

And yes, I have an agenda -- to post links to articles and analyses of news and current events that you won't get on NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc., etc., in hopes of rattling a few cages and encourage people to consider other points of view other than those presented in slick, 30-minute packages.

I find these links on non-mainstream sites like Prisonplanet and Infowars, because people won't find them on any of the typical news pages. Then you can click through, read the original source(s), and then frame the aggregator's analysis or opinion based upon what the source said.

I doubt anyone here besides yourself believes I've attempted to obfuscate what I really think about these things. I mean, really.
    "You're sounding like the left-wingers who immediately denounce a news item because the link was found at Drudge. A link to the primary source was quite clearly bolded in the quoted text. If you choose to not believe the source, 'kay. Can't do anything about that."

What you think I sound like is not a rebuttal. The other day I was antitheistic and a pissed off homo and today it's a narrow-minded left-winger. Stereotyping me does not refute me; these are your personal opinions about me and completely irrelevant, 'kay.

"And yes, I have an agenda -- to post links to articles and analyses of news and current events that you won't get on NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc., etc., in hopes of rattling a few cages and encourage people to consider other points of view other than those presented in slick, 30-minute packages. "

Sorry, Burke, but it just sounds like your spreading propaganda to me.

"I doubt anyone here besides yourself believes I've attempted to obfuscate what I really think about these things. I mean, really."

Obfuscate? No, Burke, not obfuscate, I said games. I said you play games. You make your opinions very visible.

--

I hear strange stuff from people all the time. I am always going to stand skeptical to anything a person, which I don't personally know, says. This is a random post by some yahoo, who I don't know, my reaction is natural. Furthermore, I'll just as quickly brush aside the T.V. news. You seem to think I am being bias here, but I am not. I am saying at this point, all that can be known is that this guy says, this is how it went. And as we all know, humans have a tendency to miss-construe and exaggerate things. Also this guy could just be an idiot, making a solo assessment inadmissible. The point is, that the post would need to be validated for it to properly serve as bases for any practical reasoning. We can not stand in accordance with Occam’s razor while factoring this in. The entire article must be dismissed. This is nothing but gossip; contains some truth and a butt load of crap.

Let me try to make this a little clearer. I feel some might be hung up on the word validation. I am not auguring whether this did or did not happen. In all likelihood it contains some truth. I am simply saying this is piss poor proof and that you shouldn’t make assumption based off something like this.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 01-30-09 at 03:04 AM. Reason: editing

Also the indoctrination of "patriotism" is nothing new.

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Anti President Obama?! It HAS to be false!!!

****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!