Thread: DOD Announces Civilian Expeditionary Workforce - not what you think

DOD Announces Civilian Expeditionary Workforce - not what you think

Let me head this one off at the pass because it is simply not a "National Civilian Security Force".....not in any way some new civilian jackboot agency.

http://www.infowars.com/defense-depa...ary-workforce/

Please for the love of God...do not believe this story as it's presented.

This has been going on for 20+ years. DOD civilian employees in certain career fields...like civilian firefighters that work on DOD bases...like an active USAF base, are and have always been considered, critical to National Security.

Here is the issue as I've had to manage it multiple time in my military career. DoD civilians want to go oversees to help (the money is good especially if you are in a union, like the IAFF.) They have been barred from doing so because if we were to allow them, we would in effect strip the base of all of our firefighters at once...which would leave the base vulnerable. Military firefighters are the deployment portion of a base's authorized staffing based on the mission of the base itself, aircraft assigned, vehicles assigned, etc. Wartime staffing is based on military firefighters leaving to go downrange. Bottom line, when we go to war, civilians are considered to be critical for sake of stability. They are the stable CONUS force.

Well...times are tough and certain career fields are suffering. IF we have civilians that want to go....then now we have to put them into the pool of deployable assets.

This isn't a sinister big brother plot....the civilian unions have been fighting for this for 20 years. Once again, it is all about money.

Looks like my job just got harder....I know that I'll be training civilians in weapons handling, anti-terrorism, WMD, CBRNE, etc.

I will grab the forms from work and of course the applicable DoD Instructions that show that this expeditionary force is not some sinister plot. Do I believe in the NWO....yes....but this is NOT part of it. This is being distorted, mainly because people are ignorant of the DoD civilian workforce.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    This is being distorted, mainly because people are ignorant of the DoD civilian workforce.

when i jumped into the military, even in basic. I was really surprised how many civilians work there. To be honest with ya. Us military people dont really do much. Mostly civilians run everything. But how would allowing them to go overseas work out? Are we talking just working on the FOB? or actually leaving the wire?

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post

when i jumped into the military, even in basic. I was really surprised how many civilians work there. To be honest with ya. Us military people dont really do much. Mostly civilians run everything. But how would allowing them to go overseas work out? Are we talking just working on the FOB? or actually leaving the wire?
    The talk is of them leaving the wire which imo is stupid, suicidal, etc. I imagine our leadership will raise the bar in order to disqualify as many as possible. I don't think the civilians thought about having to live by DoD fitness standards. That in itself will remove many of them.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    I don't think the civilians thought about having to live by DoD fitness standards. That in itself will remove many of them.
    ohh defiantly. I mean im no super star. but even people in shape have an issue with the run. (12:27 2 mile BTW )

Defense Department Establishes Civilian Expeditionary Workforce

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/news....aspx?id=52840

By Gerry J. Gilmore
    American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Jan. 27, 2009 The Defense Department is forming a civilian expeditionary workforce that will be trained and equipped to deploy overseas in support of military missions worldwide, according to department officials
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee