Thread: Help Connecting Belkin N1 Wireless Modem Router to a BT 2700HVG Hub!

Question Help Connecting Belkin N1 Wireless Modem Router to a BT 2700HVG Hub!

I'm trying to get the following set-up working:

1. I currently have a working broadband connection to a BT 2700HVG Hub (Router).

2. I want to Connect a Belkin N1 Wireless Modem Router to the BT Hub (Via an ethernet cable) so that both are sending out a broadband connection.

ATM the BT Hub is sending out a connection that lets computers connect to the internet with no problems, BUT when I connect the Belkin N1 Router (Via an ethernet cable) it is not receiving an internet connection from the BT Hub.

As I am a real beginner when it comes to this I would love it if some one could suggest an "Idiot Proof" Step by Step Guide as to what I need to do to make it work?

Anyone? Common even if it is just a bit of advice it would be really helpful.
    I've heard that the 2nd router has to have DHCP turned off. Anyone know if that is correct?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    What LAN IP address is your BT 2700HVG Router?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Well I believe that it is:

i would try going from port 4 of your router running DHCP to the N1 with DHCP turned off. That is what I did with my home network setup.

I hope this way helps you since it worked for me. First of all, you must know the ip address of your hub (192.168.1.254).

Then, connect your PC to the N1 and configure it. I recommend you to do by wire (use an Ethernet cable) using the default ip of your N1: 192.168.2.1 (use your default browser).

Select "Use as Access Point" on the N1 menu's right frame. Then "Enable" the AP and specify an IP address within the range of your hub (eg 192.168.1.2). Obviously, it must be different from your hub's one. Apply the changes made. This step disables the DHCP server of your N1.

As you want to connect to the N1 by wifi, enter to the "Channel and SSID" and "Security" menus on the right frame and configure your wireless connection. Now you can connect the N1 to the hub by wire. I have chosen the first Ethernet port of my router and my N1.

Now it's time to connect your PC to the network. Configure your connection manually disabling the DHCP feature. This means that your PC is going to connect to the net using a predefined ip (eg 192.168.1.3). Be sure of using the router's (not the N1) ip address (192.168.1.254) as your gateway and dns server addresses.

You should repeat these steps with all the PC you want to connect to your net. Use a different ip address (192.168.1.3, 192.168.1.4 and so) for each PC.