Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: USC/Michigan thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    No idea what you are suggesting here.
    He's saying he knows nothing about college football and likes talking from the anus about things unknown.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    Wow, great news! It sounds like he's moving along quickly.

It always seems like the very fit heal much quicker than the not-so-fit.

Woohoo!!

Wow, that is great news...good seeing him heeling and looking ahead to better days.

A turn for the worse
    For those who think Michigan's slide since September has hurt coach Rich Rodriguez in Ann Arbor, it's about to get much, much worse.

The Detroit News reported that the Michigan program in 2008 failed to file required logs used to keep track of how many hours players practiced and worked out. An internal university audit revealed the CARA (countable athletically related activities) logs—which the university uses to stay in compliance with NCAA rules—were missing.

The NCAA, of course, is investigating allegations made by players that Rodriguez and his staff worked players beyond the NCAA's 20-hour limit. The missing logs won't bode well for Rodriguez—with the NCAA or the university. Connect the dots, and it starts to look ugly for Rodriguez—a lot worse than the six losses in the last seven games. When he left West Virginia two years ago, he and his staff were accused of shredding player personnel documents. Here's the problem: In his contract with Michigan, it specifically states that if Rodriguez commits an NCAA violation, he can be fired for cause. And that means Michigan owes him nothing.

Now how big does the Ohio State game look? Win, and the joy of beating your rival for the first time since 2003 salves the wounds. Lose, and Rodriguez might not make it to his third year in Ann Arbor.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/college-...e-for-michigan

I don't think Rich is going anywhere soon... they haven't really givin him time to recruit and do much with the players. The accusations the team has fallen upon them or even the coaches and Head coach are just that... it may not be determined for a while to go and even then I don't see it as a deal breaker into firing him.

If no proof comes out showing he broke ncaa rules then I agree with you Sava. Personally I want to see him have another year to implement his system.

I would agree on keeping him. Haha.

He's great for OSU!!

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    I would agree on keeping him. Haha.

He's great for OSU!!

lol well yeah without the full compliment of his players of course he is. You may change your mind sooner then later though.

RichRod is coming back.

"He will be our coach next year," Martin said after Saturday's season-ending 21-10 loss to Ohio State. "You're asking me today if he's going to be our coach, there's no ifs, ands or buts about it. He is our coach, and he has my full support. He'll be there next year. No question about it."
    http://www.freep.com/article/2009112...oach-next-year

It would have been stupid of him to out Rich at this point after not having enough time to settle in and recruit what he needs. I give him 2 years and unless he has a winning season 8+wins and a win against OSU he will be gone.

Michigan recruiting news:

Tony Jefferson, the no. 1 athlete prospect in the ESPNU150, and one of the most highly sought-after recruits in the country, enjoyed his official visit to Ann Arbor this weekend.

"It was a lot of fun," said Jefferson of his official visit to Michigan. "You hear about how cold the weather is and everything, and it was cold, but it wasn't anything significant. I really did have a lot of fun. Seeing the stadium like that was crazy with the tradition and everything."

The Chula Vista, California product has been a verbal commitment to UCLA for awhile, but has spoken recently about how he is unsure of his decision. One factor that indicates he might continue to lean against picking the Bruins is that at least two teams, Florida and USC, are now recruiting the multi-talented Jefferson as a running back (some teams see him as a safety). Given the Bruins already have two stud tailback recruits signed for the class of 2010, it would seem unlikely that Jefferson would pick the Bruins if that's the position he wants to play. Still, the Bruins will get the last word, hosting Jefferson for his official visit Dec. 8. He has said he will announce his decision Dec. 14, and UCLA, USC, Florida, Michigan and Arizona all seem to be in the running. The favorite right now? Jefferson won't say, but we're speculating it's the Wolverines.

"There may not be a more fast-twitched athlete in this class -- period. Jefferson has rare burst and acceleration between the white lines and has the ability to be playmaker on both sides of the ball in college."
    http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/features/rumors

This is one that we haven't heard the slightest peep of before -- and frankly it doesn't make a lot of sense given all the candidates out there with Michigan ties -- but Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com throws out the possibility that Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione could be lured to the Wolverines.

Dodd writes: "That's pure speculation with Bill Martin leaving in June, but Castiglione is the athletic administrative equivalent of Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer. A superstar. If he left for Ann Arbor, it would be a game changer."

Castiglione is a Florida native who graduated from Maryland and worked at Georgetown and Missouri before coming to Norman, but he has twice been named Athletics Director of the Year (by two different organizations). So if Michigan decides it wants to shell out for the best, Castiglione would appear to be it.

Again, we don't buy this for one second, especially given all the talk in Ann Arbor about how the school needs a CEO-type to run the athletic department, but it's out there now.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...3-1/index.html

Couldn't agree more. The conference is absolutely loaded this year, but the powers that be need to do better getting them on national tv.

As I understand it UCLA will wear their home uniforms tonight for their road game against USC much in the same way USC did it at UCLA also. It's cool starting a tradition like that regardless of a silly penalty to start both halves.

As I understand it UCLA will wear their home uniforms tonight for their road game against USC much in the same way USC did it at UCLA also. It's cool starting a tradition like that regardless of a silly penalty to start both halves.
    costly penalty... I'm sure at some point they may make that penalty worse than just losing a time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    costly penalty... .
    One that both teams are willing to deal with when each is a visitor. Ultimately it's what they both want to do and they are willing to suffer the consequences of a penalty so it's all good from both teams perspectives and it's fans.

I'm sure at some point they may make that penalty worse than just losing a time out
    Give me a break. Once again you have nothing to base that comment on. That stuff is becoming a habit with you. Give me one example to even base that theory on other then you throwing out an idea because you personally don't like it. I will be waiting for a link from you showing that this will become anything other then what it currently is as stated from either the NCAA or the officiating crews.

Give me a break. Once again you have nothing to base that comment on. That stuff is becoming a habit with you. Give me one example to even base that theory on other then you throwing out an idea because you personally don't like it. I will be waiting for a link from you showing that this will become anything other then what it currently is as stated from either the NCAA or the officiating crews.
    a link from me?? WTF? Your always wanting some sort of link... dude I don't have the time nor desire to go google hunting for something that stupid. I don't care if they wear bikini's and high heels, I just think its time to lay the law down from the NCAA or the Officiating crews on instances like this when rules are rules...you seem to enjoy the fact that they break rules but thats ok, thats you and I'm not asking you to come off with some "LINK" for your thoughts... my god man give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    a link from me?? WTF? Your always wanting some sort of link... dude I don't have the time nor desire to go google hunting for something that stupid. I don't care if they wear bikini's and high heels, I just think its time to lay the law down from the NCAA or the Officiating crews on instances like this when rules are rules...you seem to enjoy the fact that they break rules but thats ok, thats you and I'm not asking you to come off with some "LINK" for your thoughts... my god man give me a break!
    So you make a claim that you think something will happen regarding making the current penalty worse, but then have nothing to support that claim.

Early score by USC on an interception return for a TD. UCLA is in blue throwback jerseys.

USC - 7
    UCLA - 0

I am completely disgusted by USC's offense tonight. It's 7-0 USC at the half.

I am completely disgusted by USC's offense tonight. It's 7-0 USC at the half.
    Yes.

*snore*