Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Windows 7

Certified SG Addict
    Lol @ all the I HAVE HAD IT! GOING BACK TO (OS).

Update

Update...Wohoo. Got the displays drivers installed.
    Did some searching and found a few forums on how to tx drivers.

I Downloaded Drivermax... http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/

Then installed on the win vista machine and exported the display drivers to a thumb drive.
    Then I copied to the desktop of the win 7 machine. Booted to safe mode on the win 7 machine and uninstalled the generic display adapter from device manager. Rebooted into "Safemode w/do not enforce drivers" on the win 7 machine.
    Went to device manager then pointed to the display adapter and picked(Have driver)........pointed to the driver folder on the desktop and then it displayed a few drivers to pick from . Well first it found the .inf file then the display adapter. 82865G intel graphics controller. Picked it and then rebooted to 1650*1050 resolution.

Now to do some surfing and tweaking.

Just borrowed another PC from work.... A dell GX60 Celeron 2.4g with 512megs of ram, Shared video, 40gig hdd and DVD drive. very close to specs of the Dell GX270.
    This is just to try and get win 7 running and play around with the Beta.

Dennis
    Last edited by BOWTYE8; 01-22-09 at 09:07 PM.
    Main rig-AMD AM3 Phenom II 965,Asus M478T-E, 4gb DDR3 1600 ram, Intel Series 320 SSD 120gig, Velociraptor 300 gig, WD Blk 1tb deep storage, Sata Cd & DVD drives
    HomeServer-AMD 4600x2, Soltek 939 mb 2 gig Ram, 74 Gig Raptor, 500 gig WD Green storage

you have got to be kidding me.... They are adding other versions of Win7... I mean come on! Most are worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    you have got to be kidding me.... They are adding other versions of Win7... I mean come on! Most are worthless.

http://gamerscrib.net/pics/windows7-versions.jpg
    They always have.

I can see Home, Small Business, and Business/Enterprise. But Starter and Home basic, if they follow Vista's way are pretty useless, and Ultimate doesn't add enough to justify the price(Again, assuming Vista pricing).

But its the way MS does things. I'm curious how much of what I like will be in Windows 7 Home Premium.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    They always have.

I can see Home, Small Business, and Business/Enterprise. But Starter and Home basic, if they follow Vista's way are pretty useless, and Ultimate doesn't add enough to justify the price(Again, assuming Vista pricing).

But its the way MS does things. I'm curious how much of what I like will be in Windows 7 Home Premium.
    Yeah I got Ultimate for Vista...but I most likely won't for Win 7 since it won't have enough to justify the costs. They need to streamline these damn releases on those versions. Win7 Ultimate should be cut down for gamers and made for performance and the rest drop accordingly.

Yeah I got Ultimate for Vista...but I most likely won't for Win 7 since it won't have enough to justify the costs. They need to streamline these damn releases on those versions. Win7 Ultimate should be cut down for gamers and made for performance and the rest drop accordingly.
    Cut down, hell no. I'll do that myself. Maybe offering a more minimal experience, or gamer oriented one in the install options, but adding another version with less stuff is just as bad as what they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Cut down, hell no. I'll do that myself. Maybe offering a more minimal experience, or gamer oriented one in the install options, but adding another version with less stuff is just as bad as what they have now.
    See you get what you pay for..if I don't want all that added extra junk,services running etc then I'll pay for it which should be lower. But yeah even better a gamer oriented install with the options as you go along would be really nice!

See you get what you pay for..if I don't want all that added extra junk,services running etc then I'll pay for it which should be lower. But yeah even better a gamer oriented install with the options as you go along would be really nice!
    Oh.

Well I don't think it would ever be priced less, they'd make some cool gamer edition box and it'd cost more for less, but a lower cost edition would work too, I just dont see that happening.

So you're choices are get Basicly ripped off or Ultimately fleeced.
    I don't know the same things you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    So you're choices are get Basicly ripped off or Ultimately fleeced.