Thread: Help needed for changes made to Services console

Help needed for changes made to Services console

I was trying to fix a service hang and used some directions found on the internet. I pushed the wrong button and now I'm afraid I might have changed all the services which run on my computer. I am afraid that when I shut down, necessary services won't be restarted and my computer won't restart. Does anyone know what I can do to cancel any changes I might have made? It looks like all the top services are now automatic, then 4 services are disabled, then the rest are manual. I am in a folder called services, I think its a management console for windows. Like I said, I'm concerned about turning off my computer as I might have screwed everything up.

Thank you.

PS its called MMC

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Go here..select OS and service pack version....and you'll see in the columns all the default settings.
    http://www.blackviper.com/
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

OMG, had no clue that it was the registry I was messing with. Now I'm even more concerned and think I should take it over to staples. But thank you again yeolestonecat!!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Do you remember any specifics in what you did? If you just in services.msc....I doubt you messed things up badly...and should be very easy to bring back to default.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

You were right, not too bad cause I shut down and have restarted asnd the computer starts up. I have some things missing and somethings added.

My level of expertise is almost non existant so now I'm thinking maybe I could get away with a restore. If I restore then I wont have to have someone else fix the stuff. LOL, I won't even have to think.

What do you think?

Thanks again YeOleStonecat!