Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 140

Thread: Some dude threw a shoe at the President

  1. #101
    SG Enthusiast Think's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Nope, not gay
    ...are you sure? .. I mean, you can be honest. The closet is a terrible place to be.

    And again I ask, what does this have to do with shoes being thrown at the President or you making generalized and uneducated statements about "entire" regions hating us for whatever reasons?[/quote]

    UOD, if the shoe fits then throw it.
    got old



  2. #102
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    ...are you sure? .. I mean, you can be honest. The closet is a terrible place to be.

    And again I ask, what does this have to do with shoes being thrown at the President or you making generalized and uneducated statements about "entire" regions hating us for whatever reasons?
    UOD, if the shoe fits then throw it.[/QUOTE]


    So you suggest that the ENTIRE Middle Eastern region and all of it's inhabitants hate America because of certain states posture on gay marriage?

    You really are borked up on this whole gay marriage thing aren't you? I mean, to enter it into this particular discussion.....and you call me crazy?

    What's so crazy about ANY position that I've discussed here?


    Why don't we go back to this statement made by yourself:

    An entire region raising there children to hate Americans...that's truly horrifying.

    So where is the brilliance in this generalized and hateful comment?


    I think it's time that you provide credible evidence that supports your statement. What is your compulsion to make such remarks? And why do you get so defensive when you are challenged in your thought processes?

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  3. #103
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,941

    What does waterboarding have to do with the discussion? Care to elucidate?

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  4. #104
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    HAHAHA! WOW, the Pres. has reflexes like a cat! Nice moves.

    I hope they waterboard that moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    You seriously are advocating he be tortured for being pissed off and expressing it through a cultural insult?
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    I don't consider waterboarding to be torture.
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Thats right! It should be an Olympic event!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    All right, then.

    He should be made to lie on an incline, water poured on his face and made to believe he is drowning for expressing his anger using a cultural sign of disgust?
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    But isn't waterboarding how we show a cultural sign of disgust? What's the difference?

    [sarcasm]
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    Sounds like torture to me.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding

    EDIT* At any rate waterboarding sounds completely barbaric and most certainly is cruel and unusual punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    What does waterboarding have to do with the discussion? Care to elucidate?
    these posts for starters
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  5. #105
    Senior Member tao_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Boondocks
    Posts
    7,253
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    The entire region doesn't hate America or Americans. They hate American corporate policy. They hate American hypocrisy. they absolutely despise our support for Israel but only because we don't allow for equality in the struggle. If Israel has nukes, then why can't everyone else? It's a legitimate gripe. Our gripe is that they can't control their religious militancy.

    Well said. There is a lot of hypocrisy in the world today.

    Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

  6. #106
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    these posts for starters

    I'm asking you first.

    What does it have to do with shoes being thrown at the President? If the answer is nothing, then why perpetuate part of the discussion that should not have ever been entered?

    What is your position on waterboarding and how do you see it fitting into a discussion about the news story?

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  7. #107
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    I'm asking you first.

    What does it have to do with shoes being thrown at the President? If the answer is nothing, then why perpetuate part of the discussion that should not have ever been entered?

    What is your position on waterboarding and how do you see it fitting into a discussion about the news story?
    nothing to do with shoes. it entered the discussion from others so i thought i would give a link for those people.

    as far as my stance on torture/WB, i say do whatever it takes to save lives.

    the lives of many outweigh the lives of the one or few.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  8. #108
    SG Enthusiast Think's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones View Post
    Well said. There is a lot of hypocrisy in the world today.
    Don't humor UOD, he's menstruating again.

    Saudi are extremely anti-American but are very eloquent when they need to be - that's business. The rest of the flag burners can kiss my Canadian ass.
    got old



  9. #109
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    nothing to do with shoes. it entered the discussion from others so i thought i would give a link for those people.

    as far as my stance on torture/WB, i say do whatever it takes to save lives.

    the lives of many outweigh the lives of the one or few.
    Waterboarding gets more people killed because it's a recruitment bullet in terrorist propaganda.

    We don't use waterboarding anymore. We give them milk and cookies and in return they spill the real beans. The most successful interrogators use trust as the means to discovery.

    In any case, JBrazen made an off topic comment that should not have been entertained because it bears no relevance to the topic.

    that's part of the problem on SG is that the peripheral comments drag the conversation down to 3rd grade displays of hysterics.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  10. #110
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Waterboarding gets more people killed because it's a recruitment bullet in terrorist propaganda.

    We don't use waterboarding anymore. We give them milk and cookies and in return they spill the real beans. The most successful interrogators use trust as the means to discovery.

    In any case, JBrazen made an off topic comment that should not have been entertained because it bears no relevance to the topic.

    that's part of the problem on SG is that the peripheral comments drag the conversation down to 3rd grade displays of hysterics.
    That's not just a SG problem. That's pretty much a forum board issue as a whole. Seen it in pretty much every forum board I have been to. People take threads off-topic all the time.

  11. #111
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Don't humor UOD, he's menstruating again.

    Saudi are extremely anti-American but are very eloquent when they need to be - that's business. The rest of the flag burners can kiss my Canadian ass.

    Why do you say that I'm menstruating?

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  12. #112
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Waterboarding gets more people killed because it's a recruitment bullet in terrorist propaganda.

    We don't use waterboarding anymore. We give them milk and cookies and in return they spill the real beans. The most successful interrogators use trust as the means to discovery.

    In any case, JBrazen made an off topic comment that should not have been entertained because it bears no relevance to the topic.

    that's part of the problem on SG is that the peripheral comments drag the conversation down to 3rd grade displays of hysterics.
    you know you always ask for info to back statements. you have a link for this?
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  13. #113
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    I'm going to share the same thing here I am sharing with a few people in PM's. Let's keep it civil people. There is no need for such broad generalizations.

    Thx

  14. #114

  15. #115

  16. #116
    Moderator David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Nova Caesarea
    Posts
    9,356
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Don't humor UOD, he's menstruating again.

    Saudi are extremely anti-American but are very eloquent when they need to be - that's business. The rest of the flag burners can kiss my Canadian ass.
    In general....

    Can we please avoid ad hominem affronts?!

    Generalizations can be effect, but not wholly accurate.

    Hell_Yes

    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

    It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

  17. #117
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    thanks for the update and info.

    just because it worked for one does not mean it will work for another.

    Maybe not but torture isn't very reliable at all. You get people to say what you want to hear and not what the truth may be.

  18. #118
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    like i said

    "The quickest way to get most (but not all) captives talking is to be nice to them"
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  19. #119
    Moderator David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Nova Caesarea
    Posts
    9,356
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Waterboarding gets more people killed because it's a recruitment bullet in terrorist propaganda.

    We don't use waterboarding anymore. We give them milk and cookies and in return they spill the real beans. The most successful interrogators use trust as the means to discovery.
    Quite true. Take a look at NPR.org for a relatively recent show on said topic.

    Hell_Yes

    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

    It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

  20. #120
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    thanks for the update and info.

    just because it worked for one does not mean it will work for another.
    It works for all. We teach these techniques at our gators course....and being that we are the lead DOD wise...I'll maintain faith in our curriculum.

    You can't torture a robot. It might make us feel good but robots are programmed. Al Qaeda bots are very well disciplined. What we do is make them human again...and once that happens, they cry like babies. The mental torture which they impose upon themselves is one of the reasons why they ask to be put to death.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Similar Threads

  1. NY lawmaker seeks to prevent Bush pardons of “cronies”
    By downhill in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-08, 08:16 PM
  2. Powell endorses Obama for president
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-08, 04:29 PM
  3. Poll: More disapprove of Bush than any other president
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-03-08, 08:10 AM
  4. Mr. Bush - Meet the Constitution
    By Jamie_R in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-07, 01:12 PM
  5. President Bush said he was Moses
    By blacklab in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-07, 08:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •