Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Some dude threw a shoe at the President

Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Iraqi Security were trained by us. They didn't beat him down.....they attempted to restrain him and he resisted which elevated the use of force. The outcome is that he sustained injuries.
    I've been in my share of fights before and I find it hard to believe that Iraqi security didn't get a real shot in that wasn't a result of his resisting. Broken ribs should not be happening simply by being restrained. Or at least I can't think of how it could be.

When we as Americans say beatdown and deserve in the same sentence, it's viewed as being inflammatory.
    As it is when Iraqi's throw shoes at our President. The President's actions have been deplorable, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to smack that guy around myself for going after the President.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    I've been in my share of fights before and I find it hard to believe that Iraqi security didn't get a real shot in that wasn't a result of his resisting. Broken ribs should not be happening simply by being restrained. Or at least I can't think of how it could be.

As it is when Iraqi's throw shoes at our President. The President's actions have been deplorable, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to smack that guy around myself for going after the President.
    going to restrain someone on the ground usually involves a knee. if he was on his side or back and one of them came down with force with his knee as to restrain him then it easily could have broken ribs.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    going to restrain someone on the ground usually involves a knee. if he was on his side or back and one of them came down with force with his knee as to restrain him then it easily could have broken ribs.
    Yeah that's true. I didn't think of that.

better that than what would have happened had it been saddam.
    If it did, you would never have have heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Agreed. Saddam would have had the guy killed and he would have been found in one of those mass graves.

All jokes aside. He's still considered your President and that goes beyond who it actually is but what he represents. Pretty funny though but sad.

An entire region raising there children to hate Americans...that's truly horrifying.
    got old

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post

An entire region raising there children to hate Americans...that's truly horrifying.

That's wholly inaccurate.

The entire region doesn't hate America or Americans. They hate American corporate policy. They hate American hypocrisy. they absolutely despise our support for Israel but only because we don't allow for equality in the struggle. If Israel has nukes, then why can't everyone else? It's a legitimate gripe. Our gripe is that they can't control their religious militancy. I have Iraqi civilians that work directly for me because of their ability to speak Farsi. I can't and won't go any further into it than that. But at least I get to hear unfiltered opinions.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

That's wholly inaccurate.

The entire region doesn't hate America or Americans. They hate American corporate policy. They hate American hypocrisy. they absolutely despise our support for Israel but only because we don't allow for equality in the struggle. If Israel has nukes, then why can't everyone else? It's a legitimate gripe. Our gripe is that they can't control their religious militancy. I have Iraqi civilians that work directly for me because of their ability to speak Farsi. I can't and won't go any further into it than that. But at least I get to hear unfiltered opinions.
    Ah...yeah...ok, I think they hate Americans because they don't believe in gay marriage.
    got old

Ah...yeah...ok, I think they hate Americans because they don't believe in gay marriage.

Do you have any actual experience with Iraqi civilians, or with any Middle Easterners of any kind that would lend credibility to your position?

I have lived with the people from many regions in more than intimate settings/environments and I've done it spanning 20 years.

Do you have any actual experience with Iraqi civilians, or with any Middle Easterners of any kind that would lend credibility to your position?

I have lived with the people from many regions in more than intimate settings/environments and I've done it spanning 20 years.
    Yes I have UOD. There is a clear conflict on what and why they supported this war initially and what and why many no longer do. So what's your point? They believe in gay marriage?

IRAQI SISTER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhJJ2Ow6_HI
    got old

Yes I have UOD. There is a clear conflict on what and why they supported this war initially and what and why many no longer do. So what's your point? They believe in gay marriage?

IRAQI SISTER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhJJ2Ow6_HI

What does gay marriage in the United States have to do with your previous statement about the "entire" region raising their children to hate Americans? Our apathy gives rise to the policies and hypocrisy which they hate. Gay marriage doesn't even register on their radar. Gay marriage doesn't really register on the majority of American's radars either. the only people affected by gay marriage are the evangelicals/religious right which just so happen to have been diminished by their own President....remember, Bush says that the Bible can't be taken literally.

[ link ]

I see religion as the death of our world. The inability for tolerance lends itself to human rights abuses which are considered to be divine.

the point was this: you make absurd generalized statements.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    if your family was kidnapped and this guy knew where they were and you had "captured" him. what would you do?

personally, i would do what ever it took.

for that matter, what would any of you do?
    Jack Bauer style!!
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Broken ribs should not be happening simply by being restrained. Or at least I can't think of how it could be.
    I can picture broken ribs, wrists, and other injuries happening easily in this scenario, from the mass tackling of him that should have occurred by numerous security personnel. Half a dozen or more security bodies doing a flying tackle...the pile of bodies all crashing downwards on top of rows of folding chairs that all the journalists were sitting in.

Granted in the video shown, the security wasn't quick in response..basically only saw 1x guy get up close to the President...which Bush waved off. But the video doesn't show much of the restraining (at least not the clip I saw)
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I was listening to the news yesterday and the SS is taking some heat for this. Adding insult to injury Dana Perino got hurt in the process. She was sporting a nice little shiner.

Hard to say....might not have ever happened for fear of being executed.
    of course it would have happened. that would not have been the first time that saddam's life was in mortal danger from his own people.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    depends. not all assasination attempt retaliation killings were hidden.

a.k.a. GSXR 750

I was listening to the news yesterday and the SS is taking some heat for this. Adding insult to injury Dana Perino got hurt in the process. She was sporting a nice little shiner.
    they should taking some heat.. the guy should have never gotten his shoe off.... If this is the security they are offering I feel sorry for Obama.

What does gay marriage in the United States have to do with your previous statement about the "entire" region raising their children to hate Americans? Our apathy gives rise to the policies and hypocrisy which they hate. Gay marriage doesn't even register on their radar. Gay marriage doesn't really register on the majority of American's radars either. the only people affected by gay marriage are the evangelicals/religious right which just so happen to have been diminished by their own President....remember, Bush says that the Bible can't be taken literally.

[ link ]

I see religion as the death of our world. The inability for tolerance lends itself to human rights abuses which are considered to be divine.

the point was this: you make absurd generalized statements.
    Still don't understand what this has to do with your stance on gay marriage. Are you gay?

Obviously you have severe issues with religion and are somewhat of a heterophobe at that. A very dangerous combination.
    got old

Still don't understand what this has to do with your stance on gay marriage. Are you gay?

Obviously you have severe issues with religion and are somewhat of a heterophobe at that. A very dangerous combination.

Nope, not gay. I believe in freedom. I don't have severe issues with religion although it appears that you do. It's funny how every time I reply, you have no content to counter me with so you diminish the conversation to personal attacks and name calling. You religious guys are hell bent on exterminating each other. Christians think that their side is right while Muslims believe that your Crusading heads should be chopped off in order to receive Allah.

Yes, I believe in God but please don't point your finger at me as being the cause of your issues of intolerance. Since I take part in no religion....how can I be attributed as being part of ANY problem?

And again I ask, what does this have to do with shoes being thrown at the President or you making generalized and uneducated statements about "entire" regions hating us for whatever reasons?